Romagnolo

Point in the map based in Dslyecxi's Map Gestures mod

Idea is simple and very functional. 

- All members in the same vehicle can see the map pointing. 

- All members in a range of 3 meters in game can see the map pointing.

I don't like the idea of having waypoints left on the map. In games with this system, often the players go a different route and the waypoints are left in the map causing confusion. 

Map point can co-exist with simple map markers like we see in current PR and it can improve tactical experience with the players and squad squad members by pointing the the map the best ways to navigate. 

2 Squad Leaders working together can easily coordinate attacks or defenses simply by standing next to each other and pointing the situation in the map. 

With this simple and non persistent system, there is no risk of dicks being drawn on the map.

The only down side I see is if a troll player could point in the map while a SL is trying to explain the mission to the other players, but you can easily identify him because the dot in the map will have your name right next to it. 

It's an interesting idea. Perhaps allow SLs to actually draw on the map as well. Greece pencils rock. :)

I like it, instead of having to keep placing markers on the map like PR (Move here, Move here, Move here, Move here) you can actually convey your intentions a lot clearer. However keeping it simple is often the best plan of action when dealing with 7 players who each have their own ideas/input. I can see this being useful but may not be used as much as intended.

+1, from what i played of PR the visual indicators a Squad leader could give were very basic.

As a squad leader I say this is almost a must have tool! Tired of placing all this sniper markings just to show something to my squad. And at the same time whole team and their cousins sees my sniper markings on the map. 

Yeah this would be very useful, i couldn't find a video on it. But for example in Total war: Rome 2 they brought the ability to draw on the map with three different colours. Red, Blue and Green. Now i think this would be very useful for squad, like say the Red colour could only be seen by your squad and the Blue colour could be  seen by all squad leaders and only squad leaders could see. But above the blue line the squad number would be shown so we know witch squad made witch mark. The arrow marks would fade after a few seconds though. 

Also would like to see squad numbers above enemy marks etc. Like if an infantry mark or apc mark is placed i would like to know witch squad that put it there.

700px-Map_overview.thumb.jpg.f3d1343d755f4ad350c84fa6f9776ba9.jpg

Edited by steffenbk1

This was a feature for a very short period although not fully added. I wonder if it will reappear.

39 minutes ago, Devon said:

This was a feature for a very short period although not fully added. I wonder if it will reappear.

I recall seeing this in the early days. Not sure exactly why it was pulled (maybe troll drawing). I wonder if they limited it to SL's if it would be better, with two pen option Squad PEN and Command PEN. Each PEN determines which respective unit/role can see the drawing on the map. Should help keep map clutter to a minimum, maybe.