WarEagle751

Regarding V.12

2 hours ago, Noobgamer said:

I would like to point out that the size of map may not be the influencing factor here. Take the map Sumari for instance, due to its CQB nature, even if the map is expanded to twice its original size, overall the engagement would still happen around the few capiture zones, and you will still run into enemies wherever you go. And if you make Sumari less CQB like, than it would be somewhat like the experience on Narva or Al Basrah with a gun behind every window watching over the road, and whoever crosses first dies.

The only way to solve this for every single map is to set different respawn delays for every single map layer (why not give the server OPs the ability to set it, they are the ones who most frequently play the game and communicate directly with players in game).

I was replying to your reference of Metro, as that map was specifically designed to be chaotic, just like certain maps in Squad are designed to be more Infantry focused, and chaotic.

Three things play into the meat grinder affect - Map design, game/spawn mechanics and game mode.

AAS as a whole, influences more chaotic fighting, as you're restricted to a linear style of play, focused on a few points of capture. Throw in our current spawn mechanics and say a map like Chora or Sumari - You have a meat grinder. 

Game mechanics are changing with V12, with the new rally system and changes to blocking HABs. This alone will reduce the meat grind a bit, as people won't be spawning as frequently. Throw in suppression and a few other changes, game pace will reduce too, which again will reduce it a little.

But in saying this, there will still be meat grinds - That's just AAS for yah. When we get ITC you'll see the meat grind affect not be as prominent as the focus is the whole map, and not a few linear points.

V10 I was hyped and looking forward to.. v12 im just meh atm, it will happen when it happens, kinda learned that with Squad...

SOOOOO FUNNY...

Last i heard (10mins ago) the smashing of bugs to get us a smooth V12 launch will take longer than expected ! 

To have a roadmap aint OWI´s strong side...

Just now, Dundish said:

SOOOOO FUNNY...

Last i heard (10mins ago) the smashing of bugs to get us a smooth V12 launch will take longer than expected ! 

To have a roadmap aint OWI´s strong side...

giphy.gif

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, WarEagle751 said:

There is also this as'well! 

" launch will take longer than expected" ... 

V12 right now is "not joyfull"... other words = crashyish

Edited by Dundish

2 hours ago, Dundish said:

" launch will take longer than expected" ... 

V12 right now is "not joyfull"... other words = crashyish

It is not saying that the V12 will be launch, but it indicates that OWI is planning to release a public test beta for V12 soon.

20 minutes ago, Heatproof said:

It is not saying that the V12 will be launch, but it indicates that OWI is planning to release a public test beta for V12 soon.

Yes I can read.. I only tell what I've heard from my whistleblower  :P  

21 hours ago, PR.IT Aragorn89 said:

Immagine1.thumb.jpg.ccd7d8b76bbe8e0647c3a5d6c786219b.jpg

So in a few days we will have new info???

mmm sounds good

1 minute ago, PR.IT Aragorn89 said:

Well, we have those news:

wait, w what?? thx god

6 hours ago, Dundish said:

just 4 servers....

So? The test isn't about you or other players, it's about finding bugs, not just to have fun. If 4 servers is all they need, that's perfectly fine.

6 hours ago, PR.IT Aragorn89 said:

" rather than nothing is better rather " we say.

nothing probably would have been better considering the people who just got back from work or school in the afternoon and  tried downloading the playtest to have it finish downloading and then it uninstalls itself and start downloading v11 again and someone just wasted like 5 hours of their day.

44 minutes ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

nothing probably would have been better considering the people who just got back from work or school in the afternoon and  tried downloading the playtest to have it finish downloading and then it uninstalls itself and start downloading v11 again and someone just wasted like 5 hours of their day.

Well the playtest wasn't for you or me, or any other player. It was for the devs to get results. The beta was optional and they said it wouldn't last long, so if you know you have slow internet, just don't bother.

On 10/10/2018 at 9:32 AM, Dundish said:

just 4 servers....

Yep, the goal was to stress the code and we needed a couple full servers to do that -- the performance isn't quite there yet, so we had to lower the caps down to 64 for the test. We plan on having more tests with a more play-focus once the showstoppers are smashed. While I know it's a bummer not to experience the new additions, you'll end up playing a better build for it. =)

Alpha testing isn't a pretty phase of game development, so we appreciate your patience. It /will/ still require large downloads, game crashes, etc. We'd really encourage you to hold off until later builds if your interest is exclusively in playing the game -- there'll be a full release, too.

34 minutes ago, Gatzby said:

Alpha testing isn't a pretty phase of game development, so we appreciate your patience. It /will/ still require large downloads, game crashes, etc. We'd really encourage you to hold off until later builds if your interest is exclusively in playing the game -- there'll be a full release, too.

Yeah idk why people just expected to be able to "play" the game rather than just serve as a testing subject, which was basically what we were.

20181010130856_1.thumb.jpg.497e7fa2335d63998e2920902849bc5f.jpgI know this isn't the place for bugs, but I'm not on the official Discord. Anyways...I saw this in the Firing Range in Yehorivka at the airbase on Wednesday for the V.12 playtest. Also, the rocks and roads on Talil were all black as'well for one time but the other times I played on Talill they were fine in Firing Range.

Edited by WarEagle751

Add my two cents here: I was lucky enough to get in on this one and also fortunate enough to get in a squad with one of the game designers and other OWI guys, which was nice and interesting talking to them. But it's hard to understand how people can't see that no-one is entitled to get in on these. Ther purpose isn't for consumption; they are purely for the benefit of the game's development. Of course we are all interested, but throwing toys out of the pram because you didn't get a proper peek at something only a very few do is pretty silly. You will get to see all of this soon anyway, and in a better state, too. Oh, and as it goes: I have missed playtests before, plenty, because of work, life.. etc. That's how it is.

From a realism standpoint I'm digging the Tokarev only for the heavy anti-tank. I'm thinking though from a weight standpoint wouldn't it make sense to make it pistol only for all the AT roles and maybe chuck in a extra couple rockets here and there into each specific loadout?