WarEagle751

Regarding V.12

motherdear1

Programmer

"A few other things have also taken place that if we had done without would probably have caused us to be released on time, we decided to trade a longer release window this time with a reduction in the amount of large systems making its way into A13. We have been implementing origin rebasing to completely remove jitter from weapons when you get far away from map root (this is a requirement to move past 4k maps, and to utilize all of the terrain on the 4k maps effectively), and we have been implementing a system that we hope reduces our networking costs when fully enabled paving the way for 100 player server."

You can read the whole discussion here below!

Edited by WarEagle751

The wait is killing me but I know it’ll be good when it gets here, just like v10. I think it’ll freshen up the game a lot with the new spawn and ammo mechanics, random aas, and an open desert map on which vehicles are vital.

Edited by fatalsushi

1 hour ago, fatalsushi said:

The wait is killing me but I know it’ll be good when it gets here, just like v11. I think it’ll freshen up the game a lot with the new spawn and ammo mechanics, random aas, and an open desert map on which vehicles are vital.

The wait is definitely been killing me too! Especially since I've been waiting for it to be released since the 1st week of July and I'm a guy who likes to be in tanks on the battlefield. I'm stir crazy right now and all I think about is V.12. Once V.12 is out, it's going to be a breath of fresh air.

Edited by WarEagle751

The v11 has arrived in 3 months, but in fact has added very little (my hipe for the v11 was really low ...), a new faction and two new vehicles ... in short, beautiful things, but nothing that "changed " the game. The v12 will instead completely change the game mechanics and my hipe is huge now.

Unfortunately I have the feeling that we will see the v12 in many weeks still ..

I thought it will be out in 3 weeks ;-)

For me its the same as with you guys i cannot wait for the new version.However i have my reservations when it comes to the new stuff thy will put in and so on.And i am preparing for new medic bugs.

34 minutes ago, Tmac said:

The v11 has arrived in 3 months, but in fact has added very little (my hipe for the v11 was really low ...), a new faction and two new vehicles ... in short, beautiful things, but nothing that "changed " the game. The v12 will instead completely change the game mechanics and my hipe is huge now.

Unfortunately I have the feeling that we will see the v12 in many weeks still ..

There was a ton of changes, most of them were just maybe not flashy ones and things that work behind the curtain.

https://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=281

As all other game company´s, they say a thing and they can´t keep it... 

YEARS ago they said that communication with the community going to be prio...

I have been here since august 2015 seen and read a ton of s.h.i.t. they could´n keep... 

Edited by Dundish

I honestly don't think its coming anytime soon, they usually announce for a testing period, they did not say anything about pre-testing yet but you never know.

5 hours ago, Markoxx said:

I honestly don't think its coming anytime soon, they usually announce for a testing period, they did not say anything about pre-testing yet but you never know.

I think its coming this week, like friday

maybe they will give us v12 instead of the recap

Posted (edited)

Squad Dev Renn working hard to squash those pesky bugs in V.12!

bugs.gif?width=400&height=208

Edited by WarEagle751

Remember when we were waiting for V.10? Yep, this is how it feels for V.12, but will definitely be worth the wait!

Tbh with V10 i felt like i had seen it all after 3 days, not worth it in the short term.. But V11 fixed it and gave me a few hundred extra hours of joy, so i guess it was worth it in the long run? As for V12, it'll definitely be worth it if it keeps me playing for at least another two months. :P

Posted (edited)

I'm really not that excited for the propect of 100-men server. Currently there are maps that are already too tiny for 40vs40 games, that a transition to 50vs50 literally means meat grinder experience at every corner (recall the metro map for BF4 when you play on a full server).

Edited by Noobgamer

It doesn't mean all maps will have 100, maybe.. and even if it does, the meta changes might wel make that a different kettle of fish. It's actually entirely possible for all the maps to easily fir 50vs50, but it depends on how the game works.

8 minutes ago, Noobgamer said:

I'm really not that excited for the propect of 100-men server. Currently there are maps that are already too tiny for 40vs40 games, that a transition to 50vs50 literally means meat grinder experience at every corner (recall the metro map for BF4 when you play on a full server).

There's plans for the future, like some older maps being expanded, new maps being larger to accommodate new content coming. V12 has a lot of game changers coming - as well as balance changes, which over all will reduce the meat grind affect(specifically the spawn changes). 

Maps are designed to have a certain focus, smaller maps are designed to be more chaotic(Chora for example). You can't have a game focused on combat, and not have a chaotic forest/jungle or urban maps. 

2 hours ago, Noobgamer said:

I dont agree its because of the game mode on these maps not the size + I am sure the size can br increased a bit to fit 50 vs 50 

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Dubs said:

There's plans for the future, like some older maps being expanded, new maps being larger to accommodate new content coming. V12 has a lot of game changers coming - as well as balance changes, which over all will reduce the meat grind affect(specifically the spawn changes). 

Maps are designed to have a certain focus, smaller maps are designed to be more chaotic(Chora for example). You can't have a game focused on combat, and not have a chaotic forest/jungle or urban maps. 

I would like to point out that the size of map may not be the influencing factor here. Take the map Sumari for instance, due to its CQB nature, even if the map is expanded to twice its original size, overall the engagement would still happen around the few capiture zones, and you will still run into enemies wherever you go. And if you make Sumari less CQB like, than it would be somewhat like the experience on Narva or Al Basrah with a gun behind every window watching over the road, and whoever crosses first dies.

The only way to solve this for every single map is to set different respawn delays for every single map layer (why not give the server OPs the ability to set it, they are the ones who most frequently play the game and communicate directly with players in game).

Edited by Noobgamer