Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I posted this on Reddit and didn't really get much attention from it so I thought I would post it over here.

So i know a lot of people are looking forward to more game modes being added and I had my own twist on a game mode that might help with current frustrations that AAS and Invasion brings. 
The game mode would work like something as follows:

- Both teams start at main base with no vehicles. 

- After the first cap point is captured, only transports and Mrap's/ techies spawn. 

- After the second point is captured, logis spawn. 

- After third point is captured, APCs spawn. 
Since in my idea the bigger vehicles cannot spawn until the third capture point, something like this would only work on bigger maps, and it would be made so that you would only see the enemy's first capture point after you captured your first capture point. 
Now, I know from a developer/ programming aspect this would probably be a little difficult to do, but I had thought about something like this for awhile that would stop everyone from rushing middle cap and would similar to randomized AAS. 
Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting concept. The idea of a phased vehicle 'reinforce' is something I've thought about before, to manipulate meta and flow of matches etc. I do wonder if the above would really stop a middle cap rush, though.

 

If it really was a big map and was genuinely not feasible to get there, maybe? But it seems people would still essentially send a lot of troops toward the middle and backcap - seeing as the other team, lacking mobility, could equally never attempt to disrupt that any more than reach the central caps. Would require some tweaks to the modes and even map design in a broader sense, I'd say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheRed said:

Interesting concept. The idea of a phased vehicle 'reinforce' is something I've thought about before, to manipulate meta and flow of matches etc. I do wonder if the above would really stop a middle cap rush, though.

 

If it really was a big map and was genuinely not feasible to get there, maybe? But it seems people would still essentially send a lot of troops toward the middle and backcap - seeing as the other team, lacking mobility, could equally never attempt to disrupt that any more than reach the central caps. Would require some tweaks to the modes and even map design in a broader sense, I'd say.

Well I guess I forgot to mention you wouldn't know what your next cap zone would be until you captured the previous point, like AAA. If that is what you are referring to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see AAS like it is right now with v9 rush mechanic but remove the bleed on the last flag and make the main bases capturable with a weapons cache that needs to be destroyed by an SL with an incendiary grenade to win the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FeatherSton3 said:

Well I guess I forgot to mention you wouldn't know what your next cap zone would be until you captured the previous point, like AAA. If that is what you are referring to?

Hah, that was a pretty vital point, and yeah, that makes a huge difference!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2018 at 12:11 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

I'd like to see AAS like it is right now with v9 rush mechanic but remove the bleed on the last flag and make the main bases capturable with a weapons cache that needs to be destroyed by an SL with an incendiary grenade to win the game.

If you went to that extreme, I feel games would not be as fun as they would be over far too quickly. And being able to spawn camp main base would frustrate everyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/09/2018 at 5:11 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

I'd like to see AAS like it is right now with v9 rush mechanic but remove the bleed on the last flag and make the main bases capturable with a weapons cache that needs to be destroyed by an SL with an incendiary grenade to win the game.

would not like to see the V9 rush back that was just slightly more painful than it is now, but I like the idea of taking the main .....

 

Id like to see two mains on each map, only logis and transport respawn after being destroyed... and strategic capture points in addition to flags, that provide different support assets, air drops/gunship/tanks/extra tickets.. so the fight is not always about the flag but could be about strategically important areas of the map that may / may not help you win the map other than taking flags.

Edited by embecmom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×