Dionysos

Change the menu music to old rock.

I think that would really benefit the game. I personnaly find the current menu of the game a little bit undewhelming, the previous one was a bit better.

Here is a link to give you some inspiration :

The current soundtrack creates a sombre atmosphere which is more in line with what the game is since you're just playing a cog in the machine.

Rock suggests more of a rambo style action movie which isn't what the game wants.

Also, music is entirely subjective. I personally don't dig a lot of classic rock.

"This war is different. We don´t even have our own war songs!" American soldier in afghanistan. That´s from a famous movie o series...can remember which one. Maybe "generation kill"?

Yeah, interesting point. There are some songs of course about what's been going on for the last 15 years... off the top of my head, Bombs OVer Baghdad [Outkast], Harrowdown Hill [Thom Yorke], Shock & Awe [Neil Young]... but these are hardly part of a wider movement, and certainly not defined by a shared sound as, for example, many Vietnam era war-related tracks were.

The conflicts have been so spread out and non-specific or compelling at times in the nature of their aims, and not so clearly about one ideology or whatever, plus music has become, in general, less politicised, more.. generic and the way the business, and tastes, have gone, more focused on commercial succes perhaps - to the point where activism is too divisive for record labels to get behind, or maybe the music-buying public is too apathetic? Who knows.

2 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

"This war is different. We don´t even have our own war songs!" American soldier in afghanistan. That´s from a famous movie o series...can remember which one. Maybe "generation kill"?

It's Jarhead mate i believe. Take a look.

And to be honest, I actually quite like the current soundtrack of Squad, I just wish it could be just a tiny bit more diverse. And also, the menu needs a very catchy background to go with it, the one we currently have feels a little bit bland to me.

I dunno - game or not, isn't it vaguely appropriate in tone for the music to be a bit.. dramatic and sombre, rather than catchy, as such?

Patriotic music....this was done in BF series, could work here too. 

Edited by XRobinson
typo

Problem with patriotic music is it depends to an extent on the player's nationality and views on that generally. In the end, I assume devs want to be inclusive for all audiences with an interest in the game, if that makes sense, as well. Some might well find what some US players find patriotic to be... jingoistic and daft, or at odds with their own sentiments about their own country. I mean - no biggie, really. But why go there if it risks that at all? Even now a hugely British piece of music is reworked since the Brits came in... And obviously the game isn't from a solely US or UK standpoint, as such, even if they feature heavily and perhaps include playerbases amongst the larger. Maybe, if there, it should complement the menu screen, with several variations for the main factions - ie US, Russian, UK, all with appropriate music from that nation's point of view? Even then it just adds work that perhaps wouldn't be a priority, particularly if we do get other national factions as we go.

I don't really feel hugely affected by music, so these are just general thoughts.

This one is good, especially if your a paratrooper...

Edited by XRobinson

I mean.. as much as anything else, I'm pretty certain they have their own music guys.. :)

dionysos cheers man i also like that classic rock!!

we do change the background with each version release :)

will see what new tracks scott tobin (the squad composer) has in store, he does play the game and he does listen to feedbacks, some of his earlier stuff has alot of guitar work in it

17 minutes ago, fuzzhead said:

will see what new tracks scott tobin (the squad composer) has in store, he does play the game and he does listen to feedbacks, some of his earlier stuff has alot of guitar work in it

Will we ever get specific faction music? Would work well if the certain faction wins and the soundtrack of that faction plays etc.

I heard it was confirmed but never brought to light

Brendan I would also like to see faction specific music. Not confirmed but it would be great to have (along with a much more detailed After action report at end of round)

But but... rock is dead! Long live rock! https://metalheadzone.com/guns-n-roses-slash-rock-isnt-mainstream-anymore/

And yeah, I'd love to have faction (or even region) specific tunes. Scott's got no shortage of talent, so I'm sure we'll see... er.... hear some good stuff in the future!

On 9/21/2018 at 11:29 PM, Dionysos said:

Do they usualy reply on these threads

Yes. =)

If you want main menu rock music go play Rising Storm Vietnam. I enjoy the instrumental and scores Tobin produces. It fits the game. Rock would be completely out of place and ruin the whole vibe 

On 23.9.2018 at 4:08 AM, fuzzhead said:

Sounds awesome, I loved the long HDD loading screens in PR because of his music. Oh when you changed graphic settings in PR it sometimes took about 3-4 minutes for me to be on the map... now with Squad on an SSD it only takes about 10 seconds :P

I dont know if it would be possible, but I would love some old PR soundtracks or maybe reworks of them. Scott is the man and I want 3 babies from him! <3

(I would even buy a "PR Soundtrack DLC")