Rainmaker

Free look / TrackIR Support

I used to use TrackIR 5 in ARMA 2, but my TrackClip PRO broke and I don't wear hats so...

I do say it gives a great advantage in flying, especially in dogfights, but it hurts as much as it helps as infantry.  Normally, you can keep a pixel precise aim, which you have a hard time doing unless you're a solid rock with TrackIR.

I can't wait for the VR train to come about, I'll be hopping on it.

I used to use TrackIR 5 in ARMA 2, but my TrackClip PRO broke and I don't wear hats so...

I do say it gives a great advantage in flying, especially in dogfights, but it hurts as much as it helps as infantry.  Normally, you can keep a pixel precise aim, which you have a hard time doing unless you're a solid rock with TrackIR.

I can't wait for the VR train to come about, I'll be hopping on it.

I can only advise you to set up a proper deadzone,erspecially for infantry...

It took some time for me too,to get it right,but when you find the sweet spot it's... fantastic. :D

+1 from me.

I would love free look :rolleyes: . Please please please put it on the to-do list for a later build (it's not a top priority - for example the start of the pre-closed alpha is on a higher priority right now ;)  ). If Squad had free look this would even make me buy TrackIR.

I absolutely want TrackIR, although only in vehicles. 

I hate playing Arma without TrackIR nowadays!  

I appreciate what people are saying about free look but isn't that having to press more buttons??? trackIR is controlled simply by your head and is so intuitive, BUT having free look as an alternative is good also.

Heck... lets go the whole hog... I want VR headsets ;)  lol 

+1 

Irontaxi kindly answered this question today in a twitch stream...

He said they are looking at implementing TrackIR, but maybe for use only in vehicles.

(Although I'm not sure how you could restrict it??)

He said they are looking at implementing TrackIR, but maybe for use only in vehicles.

(Although I'm not sure how you could restrict it??)

I pray to the gods that they don't limit it to that. 

Agreed, I'm not sure how being able to turn your head over someone using free look could give an advantage. When I'm playing Arma without it, I feel like my character has a neck brace on!

Agreed, I'm not sure how being able to turn your head over someone using free look could give an advantage. When I'm playing Arma without it, I feel like my character has a neck brace on!

Yep. I can't play without it

Please please please include this. Since when can soldiers on the battlefield NOT turn their heads? It's ridiculous to not include freelook, and by extension track ir in all modes of play. Not to mention it looks just ridiculous that to look at a squad mate I have to AIM MY WEAPON AT HIM. This is a next Gen title from the ground up. Please don't make the mistake PR made and EA for that matter. Please include this support. Ty.

No only for this I'll be happy with...

I hope they add trackir/freetrack to the body... running around in a neck brace is painful and a step backwards..

Hey guys, I was wondering if there will be a so called "ALT" look. If you've played Arma you know what this is. When you hold ALT you can look freely like you would IRL. Will we have something like this in SQUAD? I find myself running side ways in PR all the time trying to scan for contacts. Would love to know what you guys think or if you know if its in game. Thanks!

+1 for free look and TrackIR support!

For infantry and vehicles.

Ground Branch has freelook implemented ( for infantry ) and it really enhances the immersion and situational awareness. GB uses the same engine btw.

+1 for free look and TrackIR support for infantry and vehicles.

please don't put restrictions in fun and immersion.

it would be such a pain to play your game with a neckbrace...

Those are different technologies what the OP is talking about. I'd agree have a free look like the arma series would be great to have it in Squad.

Those are different technologies what the OP is talking about. I'd agree have a free look like the arma series would be great to have it in Squad.

TrackIR and free look go hand in hand, link posted is relevant.

TrackIR and free look go hand in hand, link posted is relevant.

you dont need track IR to have free look. Arma uses the ALT button to enable free look. Plus I think Track IR would be a more expensive technology to put in the game than just add a few head turn animations and controls. 

you dont need track IR to have free look. Arma uses the ALT button to enable free look. Plus I think Track IR would be a more expensive technology to put in the game than just add a few head turn animations and controls.

im simply backing up why i posted the link, they talk about free look in it.