Rainmaker

Free look / TrackIR Support

Yes please, I would like both Freelook and Trackir support. Freelook, even by key binds is so natural, especially when prone.

Yes please, I would like both Freelook and Trackir support. Freelook, even by key binds is so natural, especially when prone.

My fellow Tripwireforum companion, im totaly with you! We NEEEEEEEEEED Freelook! :)

Freelook is an absolute must I believe. I would say its almost a game changer. The ability to keep your weapon pointed at the enemy while you can watch your buddies clear a building or watch until they have crossed the street etc.. etc..

I don't care so much for Track IR but I can't say I tried it with ARMA. This can't be too difficult to implement, Please devs! 

Please add the ability to freelook! Weather you support TrackIR and/or VR-headsets or not is not the most important, that would just be a bonus, but the addition of freelook adds so much situational awareness!

Please add the ability to freelook! Weather you support TrackIR and/or VR-headsets or not is not the most important, that would just be a bonus, but the addition of freelook adds so much situational awareness!

How would that work without TrackIr or similar? Would you hold a certain key down which would make it so your mouse controls your free look and not where you aim? Then when you release the key it snaps back or something?

Gday

I hope this game supports Head Tracking (Ed Tracker/TrackIR/FreetracknoIR/etc)

TrackIR - http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/products/trackir5/

FreeTrackNOIR - http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/

EdTracker https://edtracker.org.uk/ 

It looks like other people are looking into Track IR with Unreal 4 ,

seems the solution is to use the optitrack SDK or TrackIR SDK -

http://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengine/comments/2xow18/just_got_ue4_free_right_engine_for_my_project/%C2%A0

https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/05-developers/which-sdk.html  

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/121782/integrating-trackir-into-my-project-using-ue45.html

I gave the Free software with my logitech webcam and Arma 3 over here

This was (briefly) answered on the /r/games AUA that the Squad devs did. (Via Peetra)

7fd0f04aaeb9ff20def5b3906429a700.png

Freelook is coming guys! 

Check out track IR for Arma, track IR for heli pilots in Squad would be really sweet. You can look down and check out where your skids are etc..

This was (briefly) answered on the /r/games AUA that the Squad devs did. (Via Peetra)

7fd0f04aaeb9ff20def5b3906429a700.png

Freelook is coming guys! 

Check out track IR for Arma, track IR for heli pilots in Squad would be really sweet. You can look down and check out where your skids are etc..

NICE!!!!! Good fount mate! :)

+1 for TrackIR. It is a must have for flying. I could go either way at the rifleman level. I loved having it in DayZ and being able to watch my back but now that they seemed to have blocked it I am not missing it too much. I simply cannot do helo's without it though. The situational awareness it provides for vehicles is indispensable.

How would that work without TrackIr or similar? Would you hold a certain key down which would make it so your mouse controls your free look and not where you aim? Then when you release the key it snaps back or something?

Yes, if you don't have TrackIr, when assigned key for freelook is pushed, you can look around with your head (with mouse), when you release the freelook key, the camera centers back on weapon (classical FPS view). 

Options as one of these makes the game have more depth, other than the aspects we previously mentioned.

It also provides slightly more realistic gameplay by enabling a far more subtle movement to scan your environment. Instead of pivoting on your belly button when prone, or your whole body elsewhere, by just being able to move your head, you are much harder to see at a distance or in concealment.

+1 for TrackIR. It's a nice to have feature for infantry and a must have for pilots. I use it all the time for flight sims. Can't even think of flying without it. Also it's a very easy SDK to implement into the game code by all accounts. 

+1 for Freelook and TrackIR as well. I'm want the million dollar mark to be hit So I can fly a helicopter like in ARMA 3, I need my Little Bird and TrackIR...........Please!!!

I use a complete flight system setup: (3) Dell Ultrasharp U2414H Monitors, Logitech G502 mouse, Razer DeathStalker Expert keyboard, TrackIR v5, Saitek X-55 Pro Flight Rhino H.O.T.A.S. joystick & throttle and CH Products Pro rudder pedals.

I'm want the million dollar mark to be hit So I can fly a helicopter like in ARMA 3, I need my Little Bird and TrackIR...........Please!!!

Choppers will be added if we don't hit that mark, just to clarify. It only affects the speed of their addition! :) 

I just logged into twitter after some time,and saw that Naturalpoint's Twitter responded to my question towards Squad's Twitter...
Hope the boys saw it! :)

abloadjlss9.png

Still no DEV comment.... Maybe they want to leave a few surprises for us once its released?

Still no DEV comment.... Maybe they want to leave a few surprises for us once its released?

They could also be busy with a final Kickstarter push? ;) 

They could also be busy with a final Kickstarter push? ;)

Shhhh... No.. The DEVs are working on Helicopters and fast ropes for the Pre-Alpha release.. They just want it as a surprise... 

I am also definitely saying +1 for freelook support, ALT as in ARMA is ideal, TrackIR would be great too, but if not, having a key for freelook is must have for me.

Movement draws an enemy eye, so for example when I am prone, concealed somewhere, just by checking my back I must move my whole body and it will reveal me over long distances. That's what I hate in 98% percent of FPS and if it's not in SQUAD, than it loses big potential value for me.

I prefer total control over my weapon, I remember tons of situations in ARMA where I could withstand attack from behind corners just because I preemptively aimed the corner, while looking around only with my head, i could press fire, looking elsewhere and still be sure that I will hit or suppress whatever comes around that corner sooner than him. It's matter of life and death in some situations.

If (damn it must) it gets implemented, then I please developers to include proper animation, so others who see the person know exactly where he's looking at. It's cruical during stealth movements. Knowing if enemy could see me or not on my travel adds tactics where otherwise there is only guesswork. And we want SQUAD to be tactical, don't we?

If you watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUszpij9zeU which is short (2 minutes) tutorial about fireteam movement, you can clearly see that everyone is responsible for having their gun ready in particular direction. By being forced to move your gun always when you look elsewhere you are risking your and your teammates lifes. It's literally breaking the point of using formations to some degree. SQUAD claims to be tactical and I believe these reasons I mentioned and opinions of other people here are valid arguments for tactical game.

Immersion is way another story... but I wanted to highlight tactical meaning of free look to show how it is important to have.

I am also definitely saying +1 for freelook support, ALT as in ARMA is ideal, TrackIR would be great too, but if not, having a key for freelook is must have for me.

Movement draws an enemy eye, so for example when I am prone, concealed somewhere, just by checking my back I must move my whole body and it will reveal me over long distances. That's what I hate in 98% percent of FPS and if it's not in SQUAD, than it loses big potential value for me.

I prefer total control over my weapon, I remember tons of situations in ARMA where I could withstand attack from behind corners just because I preemptively aimed the corner, while looking around only with my head, i could press fire, looking elsewhere and still be sure that I will hit or suppress whatever comes around that corner sooner than him. It's matter of life and death in some situations.

If (damn it must) it gets implemented, then I please developers to include proper animation, so others who see the person know exactly where he's looking at. It's cruical during stealth movements. Knowing if enemy could see me or not on my travel adds tactics where otherwise there is only guesswork. And we want SQUAD to be tactical, don't we?

ARMA's free look is the best attribute of the game without a doubt. Combine this with seperate control over weapon movement = Beautiful.