Rainmaker

Free look / TrackIR Support

Headtracking is the future.

Be that is TrackIR or VR.

Can't stress enough the importance of you guys making this happen. It raises the game to a higher standard.

On 20.2.2017 at 8:42 AM, IrOnTaXi said:

Cheers. we will keep it on the list. 

About a year or so they tweeted in response to a community member , that they'd love to provide any Dev's with help and kits. So just give it a shot when you got the ressources. ;)

Had the latest version 0.9 got free look in it ,maybe even trackir support? I jumped in a game last night and couldn't find any means of free look

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Any news or DEV response to the FREELOOK being compatible with Track IR or any of the other head tracking devices? I personally would like to see the option for this to be implemented. Using a head tracking device would be so much easier than anything else.

I'd love this feature. But I say it shouldn't work if you're sprinting....

I enjoy the blindside to sprinting across a street or having to slow some to look left/right while strafe/run forward as it is now.

I'd love this feature. But I say it shouldn't work if you're sprinting....

I enjoy the blindside to sprinting across a street or having to slow some to look left/right while strafe/run forward as it is now.

I agree, or if you sprint and free look after a few random seconds you fall over, could be 5 or 25, you wouldn't know.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

You guys belive the tobii eye tracker 4C will be supported?

Have I missed any news regarding TrackIR or headtracking news? Any official updates regarding this? :ph34r:

Thanks

So with v10 it was awesome to look around via the mouse.  Any chance we could get it defaukted to always on and controlled through tir?  

On 2/4/2018 at 9:02 PM, Hipporider said:

no luck with TrackIR in V10 beta testing :-( ...........Still not here yet

It isn't officially supported, but you can use FreePie with it so you can lean. I use mine to lean like a pro.

Edited by Cavazos

20 hours ago, Cavazos said:

It isn't officially supported, but you can use FreePie with it so you can lean. I use mine to lean like a pro.

I've tried FreePIE , i find it so hard to get to work.No matter what i do, computer says noooo. If anyone can link a step by step walk through on how to get free look in Squad to work with trackir, that would be greatly appreciated. 

10 hours ago, Hipporider said:

I've tried FreePIE , i find it so hard to get to work.No matter what i do, computer says noooo. If anyone can link a step by step walk through on how to get free look in Squad to work with trackir, that would be greatly appreciated. 

Here you go bud:

So just go to the link and what I did was make a new file in FreePIE, I copied the GitHub info on the link and pasted it inside FreePIE. Once I did that, I saved it and then just Run Script on it. Let me know if it works and I can tell you how to add a key and adjust the sensitivity.

16 hours ago, Cavazos said:

Here you go bud:

So just go to the link and what I did was make a new file in FreePIE, I copied the GitHub info on the link and pasted it inside FreePIE. Once I did that, I saved it and then just Run Script on it. Let me know if it works and I can tell you how to add a key and adjust the sensitivity.

Nice of you to help,thanks.

I do believe I've found snd tried that myself in the recent past

and still couldn't get head tracking to work .

Now that freelook is implemented, I hope thattrackIR will soon be supported...

On 2/9/2018 at 1:46 AM, Hipporider said:

Nice of you to help,thanks.

I do believe I've found snd tried that myself in the recent past

and still couldn't get head tracking to work .

You might have gotten it to work but didn't lean enough. The default values are pretty high. I had to change the 5 and -5 to 3 and -3. I did so in the green and grey text, but I suspect the green text isn't really code and is just info for us.

On 12/02/2018 at 7:38 AM, Cavazos said:

You might have gotten it to work but didn't lean enough. The default values are pretty high. I had to change the 5 and -5 to 3 and -3. I did so in the green and grey text, but I suspect the green text isn't really code and is just info for us.

Nothing i did would make the FreePIE/Trackir combo work. Im utterly confounded with the damn thing now.There aren't many YouTube tutorials on using FreePIE either.

Come on Devs.Give us TrackIR support...pleeease!

On 23/02/2018 at 5:25 PM, Cavazos said:

Maybe run them as administrator?

I ran FreePIE as admin. I didn't try Trackir software running as admin though

On 24/02/2018 at 6:57 PM, Cavazos said:

Make sure it's updated. You use it in other games?

I  use TrackIr in Arma, no problems.Its fully updated

2 minutes ago, Cavazos said:

In FreePIE after you open the file, make sure you also "Run Script".

I run FreePIE as admin, make sure the Trackir plug in is enabled, i run script, i make sure Natural Point softwarand FreePie is running before game. Nothing works. 

Ha anyone actually got trackir to work for head tracking, ie; complete free look, at all in Squad V10? If so, can you please post what you did in detailed steps.