Rainmaker

Free look / TrackIR Support

I think this game requires head movement to look around so much. When playing TvT flight if you want to be hide from them you have to move the less possible. The problem is now to look around you have to move all your body. With a option to move only the head (with Trackir and without it) then, enemies will be more difficult to see movement so more "surprise" factor.

Please add that Trackir function and movement head also (with alt key as arma3 maybe?)

And please modify the running, and lay down animations!! :)

1 minute ago, Japo32 said:

And please modify the running, and lay down animations!! :)

No, crippled dolphin-diving for lyfe ^_^

Do we know yet what the drivers view will be like from inside say a Humvee when vehicles are released, without Freelook?

This is hopefully implemented with the new animation update, freelook is a must if this game is to be taken seriously in it's aims." Pun intended" By this I mean for infantry as well as vehicles, Situational awareness is king without having to move all your body to look around, as you all know your eye sees movement first, so this would make the game slower paced as you scanned looking for less movement. Everyone who says this is cheating, how can you call it cheating when everyone does this normally, for all the people who don't like it then don't use it, to deny this to players is ludicrous. I have used freelook with a mod in OP Flashpoint DR, this was used in vehicles only and was a revelation. I don't understand the mechanics of this but would like to see it implemented so that which ever way you are looking when you shouldered your rifle it would snap to the direction you were looking and not back to your front if that makes sense. As I think this is a more realistic animation and in real life this is how it would work, here's hoping this is on the horizon very soon for infantry as well as vehicles.

cheers Dewi.

On 6/20/2016 at 9:47 PM, dewi316 said:

Situational awareness is king without having to move all your body to look around, as you all know your eye sees movement first, so this would make the game slower paced as you scanned looking for less movement.

It's not just that. You just can look around 360° very fast and very rapidly in firefights.

Everyone who says this is cheating, how can you call it cheating when everyone does this normally, for all the people who don't like it then don't use it, to deny this to players is ludicrous.

Kids just don't want to get rekt. They say "that's cheating" about everything they don't have: mouse with additional buttons - cheating, freelook - cheating, flying with a joystick against people on keyboards - cheating, tweaking windows - cheating. They call cheating literally everything they do not have access to themselves.

I have used freelook with a mod in OP Flashpoint DR, this was used in vehicles only and was a revelation.

And if devs won't implement freelook support - modders will(this mod was working on BF2 and PR2 as well):

Only imagine these flame wars :"girl_cray2.gifhe's using freelook which is not supported officially. I don't have a trackir myself. Ban himgirl_cray2.gif"

BTW in BF2 that freelook wasn't supported officially. But Punkbuster, pbbans and ggc made a statement that this mod for battlefield is not cheating in any way and they will never ban people for using it even considering it is a 3rd party program which changes the game...

Edited by KulaGGin

http://www.delanengineering.com/

In the post should be with me in two days, FreeTrack IR for infantry as well as vehicles, I know someone will mod this but would like too see the dev's support this themselves. I would be honestly surprised if this is not in with the animation update.

This is great news, So many of my Arma friends are waiting to buy this once TRACK IR support is in.  Once you have the ability to look around, you just cant play the same without it.  Its such a leap forward in gameplay, to see it not implemented in a next gen title such as this is disappointing to say the least, hopefully that disappointment is turned into exuberance once this support is added!

On 9/21/2016 at 9:29 AM, DesmoLocke said:

Interesting thread on the Unreal forum.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?88506-plugin-Freetrack

I really hope we get proper 3p animations with it. If an enemy is running across an opening and turns his head in my direction, I want to see it.

Will give new meaning to my stealthy SOP on Squad battlefields: "Hold fire, but if they as much as blink toward you, smoke em".

Gotta say i was pretty disappointed to see trackir not talked about in the dev blog.  i hope its still on the table for v9.

7 minutes ago, Hooves said:

Gotta say i was pretty disappointed to see trackir not talked about in the dev blog.  i hope its still on the table for v9.

They need to get the animation system fleshed out first before they can add free look. At least we're starting to see some of that work, such as the twisting animation that was shown. 

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

+1for track ir support. Means I can use my rift while wearing military clothing and eating rations ordering people to shovel! !!

TrackIr 5 in Arma , Dayz and Miscreated and other infantry games feels so natural.

Squad devs, please make it happen!

I am from Arma3 and currently hosts 6 Arma 3 and 7 Argo servers, and yes TrackIR is amazing!  Really hope it would make its way into Squad, it will make the game so much more immersive.

+1 from me.

Hell ! lol if you could give me vive support !! that'd be legit!  IF this game could play like onward... omg. 

Please make it happen! xD There have been so many cases where that function would have saved my life in the game. 
also because it is good for being less visible during hiding.