Sign in to follow this  
Nubski

Suggestion that all kits be available all the time

yeah , lets all be HAT's or GL,  doesn't sound game breaking :) 

Before the start of round, have everyone get in knife fights for the best kits, kinda like a knife elimination tournament, the guy who ends up last only is allowed a knife kit.  :) unless the winner picks a knife kit.  But then again you don't want this happening.

source-is-mentioned-on-weird-facts-org-a

Edited by XRobinson

9 hours ago, Nubski said:

and not based on how many players are in the game. Sick of being stuck as a Rifleman.

No way. People would end up having to much fun and we can't have that. You need less choices not more. Also, this would mean we would actually have to treat players like adults and let the squad leaders choose the makeup of their squads.

3 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

No way. People would end up having to much fun and we can't have that. You need less choices not more. Also, this would mean we would actually have to treat players like adults and let the squad leaders choose the makeup of their squads.

balance.  Saw a squad the other night completely made up of vehicle crew... and they just drove one vehicle... 

13 hours ago, Nubski said:

and not based on how many players are in the game. Sick of being stuck as a Rifleman.

create your own squad or get faster at join squad button pressing....

Omg no everyone would just be machine gunners and spray everywhere.

Rifleman is good too.

Edited by Bahrein

We should also be able to customize our weapons however we'd like. I want my Acog/reddot/fully auto G41/noobtubed/bayoneted, bipod equipped uber weapon

No restrictions on kits? No. 

But i would love to see changes to the system. 

Maybe with more roles to pick from, so choices have to be made, or a specific play style. 

At the moment meta is 2 LAT and optic like DM, super boring and disappointing. 

4 hours ago, LugNut said:

We should also be able to customize our weapons however we'd like. I want my Acog/reddot/fully auto G41/noobtubed/bayoneted, bipod equipped uber weapon

you missed the carry handle.

I think it may ruined the original game balance. I mostly join in random squad's like mashingunner or medic or GLor even crewman if needed, and never play as a marksman.I think if you need freedom in kits, just make your mod with unlocks and rebalanced things.

3 hours ago, embecmom said:

you missed the carry handle.

Only need that on the belt fed version

16 hours ago, Bahrein said:

Omg no everyone would just be machine gunners and spray everywhere.

Rifleman is good too.

In reality if all roles were unlocked pretty much nothing would change within a match simply due to the fact that the roles themselves actually determine the outcome of the engagements.

How does this not make sense to anyone?

So say for example, what do you think is going to happen to an entire team comprised of nothing but Machine Gunners when they meet a balanced team? Ponder that for a minute. Then apply the same logic to teams of nothing but GL's etc. and consider how they would stand up against that balanced team.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction right? Every role has it's strengths and weaknesses so having the natural equilibrium to custom tailor your squad to your specific strategy seems to make more sense to me instead of following some rigid system of ersatz compliance.

In fact, I can cite a specific example of where the players themselves have evolved past the confines of the squad role selection system to enhance their projection of force within the match. As we've all seen on Insurgents or Militia SL's for the most part typically let their scouts go feral and do whatever. Well, I figured out quite some time ago that I could run a locked two man squad with a logi and become the defacto SL over these 4-5 Scouts by dropping FOB's & Ammo Crates. I maximize their destruction in any way possible and they in turn typically follow me around everywhere and always it's completely voluntarily.

So tell me what's the difference between my strat and an open system where I could just naturally run a 5-6 Scout squad and achieve the same results?

3 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

In reality if all roles were unlocked pretty much nothing would change within a match simply due to the fact that the roles themselves actually determine the outcome of the engagements.

How does this not make sense to anyone?

So say for example, what do you think is going to happen to an entire team comprised of nothing but Machine Gunners when they meet a balanced team? Ponder that for a minute. Then apply the same logic to teams of nothing but GL's etc. and consider how they would stand up against that balanced team.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction right? Every role has it's strengths and weaknesses so having the natural equilibrium to custom tailor your squad to your specific strategy seems to make more sense to me instead of following some rigid system of ersatz compliance.

In fact, I can cite a specific example of where the players themselves have evolved past the confines of the squad role selection system to enhance their projection of force within the match. As we've all seen on Insurgents or Militia SL's for the most part typically let their scouts go feral and do whatever. Well, I figured out quite some time ago that I could run a locked two man squad with a logi and become the defacto SL over these 4-5 Scouts by dropping FOB's & Ammo Crates. I maximize their destruction in any way possible and they in turn typically follow me around everywhere and always it's completely voluntarily.

So tell me what's the difference between my strat and an open system where I could just naturally run a 5-6 Scout squad and achieve the same results?

Your logic is flawed.

This is a game so logic and physics do not apply on here :-)

The teams are hardly ever equal this past couple of months it was like that some time before when it was acually a lot of fun and good fights but this days many people switch teams to the winning side or disconect from the loosing side and the games are more or less fought in front of the main base or first flag for a shor periods of times.

And do not forget the game of ours is called squad for a reason go check in real life what type of wepons a real squad has and what roles if you will.You do not have a full squad of marksmes or gl’s or lat or mg or so on and on you get the picture.

I dont like your idea. I think it would result in free kit Squads with no communication (See PS that unlocks the MM kit at 3 players in Squad). I also think the result would be a massive increase in Marksmen. Ok teams like these might lose round but i think these players don't care about victory for team.

The current system might not be the best, but I dont like the idea of a free for all. Also some people need to be riflemen (especially with the ammo change coming in V12).

Edited by Romby

2 hours ago, Bahrein said:

Your logic is flawed.

This is a game so logic and physics do not apply on here :-)

The teams are hardly ever equal this past couple of months it was like that some time before when it was acually a lot of fun and good fights but this days many people switch teams to the winning side or disconect from the loosing side and the games are more or less fought in front of the main base or first flag for a shor periods of times.

And do not forget the game of ours is called squad for a reason go check in real life what type of wepons a real squad has and what roles if you will.You do not have a full squad of marksmes or gl’s or lat or mg or so on and on you get the picture.

It would seem as though your first point is a vague generalization based on your individual experience and not related to the OP's topic.

And secondly your "IRL" counter argument has zero credibility in a game thats never claimed to be an actual MilSim and contains many fantasy/sci-fi elements and mechanics.

Internally restricting the kits based on a numerical value treats everyone like little children and artificially nannies what would otherwise be a natural choice by the individual squad leaders. An entire team of Marksmen would never ever win a single match and the opposing team that would utilize "organic and emergent" role choices would however.

Squad plans to have more roles in the future, and as more assets are added to coincide with this - more specialized Squads will be needed on the map, and will have to choose more carefully of what you want in your Squad, to counter the threats that map will have.  

Restrictions are there to not only somewhat imitate the actual makeup of your average infantry squad in reality, it also fits in the with vision of you playing the average soldier within a squad. The restriction also enforces that there isn't Squads of Marksman running around, ruining the fun for their team - because they won't be useful, or winning the game. And we all know, if you remove the restrictions, there will be tonnes of pointless squads.

It's also for balance reasons - Remove kit restrictions, now you have a full Squads of LAT's, Optic rifleman, GL's, Scouts etc etc ruining the overall balance and flow of the game. Squad while it isn't a MilSim, it isn't a complete arcade shooter either, where you can have what ever you please within your Squad.

An open role system would work, if you could actually rely on people to make the right choices and decisions...unfortunately, people will either choose the most OP combos, or do the complete opposite and have squads full of marksman. 

Open role selection, basically goes against what Squad is supposed to be. Maybe someone will host a custom server in the future with no kit restrictions.

14 minutes ago, Dubs said:

And we all know, if you remove the restrictions, there will be tonnes of pointless squads.

Currently we already have "tonnes of pointless squads" with role restrictions in place. How is that even possible according to your logic? 

I started this thread because of an experience in a server where I was in a squad with an SL and one other guy, and we had no fire power. lol

58 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Currently we already have "tonnes of pointless squads" with role restrictions in place. How is that even possible according to your logic? 

I wouldn't say pointless. In the current state of the game, only specialized roles with major use are, LAT/HAT and GL, due to the current content and threats we have in Squad. Squads right now, are an all in one package with the aforementioned Squad set up. You can deal with all threats, which doesn't really make them pointless, it means it's effective, even though a bit cookie cutter.

When we get more roles and content, we'll need more specialized Squads, with different specialized role set ups. This will increase Squad diversity, the factor of having to rely on your team more, and having to communicate more.

Removing restrictions, is basically opening pandoras box - as well as having to rely on people making the right choice, of not going full meme team 9 man marksman squads.