Sign in to follow this  
Nubski

Suggestion that all kits be available all the time

Now more than ever with the inclusion of additional vehicles there are even more reasons now to eliminate the kit restrictions and let squad leaders determine the composition of their squads loadouts. I mean think about it, at the beginning of v12 playtest matches immediately you'll see the creation of 4-5 locked vehicle squads. At which point this only leaves around 2/3 of the team to have boots on the ground in the flags. Its a completely illogical rationale to think you can have a 1/3 of the team using the OP vehicles yet on the other hand think that the rest of players aren't capable of making sensible choices about their roles. 

7 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Now more than ever with the inclusion of additional vehicles there are even more reasons now to eliminate the kit restrictions and let squad leaders determine the composition of their squads loadouts. I mean think about it, at the beginning of v12 playtest matches immediately you'll see the creation of 4-5 locked vehicle squads. At which point this only leaves around 2/3 of the team to have boots on the ground in the flags. Its a completely illogical rationale to think you can have a 1/3 of the team using the OP vehicles yet on the other hand think that the rest of players aren't capable of making sensible choices about their roles. 

The kit restriction is there to make sure squads are big and teamwork is done in that framework.

If you allowed that then you will have 4,5 or 6 squads per team with a Squad leader a hat and a lat. All they will do will be to Hunt enemy armour. Lonewolfing and not caring about dying and the tickets because everytime they take out a tank that will justify several deaths.

I wouldnt like to se that. That´s not realistic gameplay, except maybe for suicide insurgents.

5 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

The kit restriction is there to make sure squads are big and teamwork is done in that framework.

If you allowed that then you will have 4,5 or 6 squads per team with a Squad leader a hat and a lat. All they will do will be to Hunt enemy armour. Lonewolfing and not caring about dying and the tickets because everytime they take out a tank that will justify several deaths.

I wouldnt like to se that. That´s not realistic gameplay, except maybe for suicide insurgents.

I understand the concept. But I also see the numbers game of up to 18 crewman in locked squads off the flags and only 22 other players on your team with boots on the ground in the flags. Thats 2 full squads and a partial squad. You probably missed my main point though and thats the fact that the game is programmed to trust two randoms grabbing a totally OP Abrams or T-72 and go do whatever with it but yet we can't trust an SL to make smart choices about the composition of his/her squad. Thats a complete contradiction.

Edited by Zylfrax791

Everyone chill....

The root of the problem here is that OP, and many others, hate being stuck as rifleman

This thread was created before the devs confirmed riflemen will be carrying ammo bags which works towards giving the players with that kit a responsibility/appeal just like the fire support roles. Or close to it...

• All Riflemen now have ammo bags. Place them on the ground and any friendly player can rearm from them. A limit of 100 ammo points per bag exists and players can only have 1 ammo bag in the world at any time. Rifleman can have only 1 ammo bag in their inventory and pick up the ammo bag again at any time. Sandbags are the only item that cannot be rearmed from ammo bags.

Therefor no need to remove kit restrictions. Yayy we can move on!

having all roles open may not guarantee you get the kit you want anyway...  rifleman alot of the time is very powerful and moreso now with ammo bags.

6 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I understand the concept. But I also see the numbers game of up to 18 crewman in locked squads off the flags and only 22 other players on your team with boots on the ground in the flags. Thats 2 full squads and a partial squad. You probably missed my main point though and thats the fact that the game is programmed to trust two randoms grabbing a totally OP Abrams or T-72 and go do whatever with it but yet we can't trust an SL to make smart choices about the composition of his/her squad. Thats a complete contradiction.

I see your point. And yes. we have to trust randoms to do that. That´s how public games go and well...I always hope to have the best tank squad of both teams on my side, but that´s also true for every other matter. And still, I take that over having 10 squads of 3 people with an sl and 2 lats just lonewolfing and running around the map hunting for armor completely disconnected from the rest of the team I do think this will happen often is kit restriction is taken out.

Furthermore,  Role restriction does not only keep the gameplay balanced when it comes to number of LAT, HAT AR, etc... but it also represents current equipment/role doctrine of infantry squads and platoons.

19 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I mean think about it, at the beginning of v12 playtest matches immediately you'll see the creation of 4-5 locked vehicle squads. At which point this only leaves around 2/3 of the team to have boots on the ground in the flags. Its a completely illogical rationale to think you can have a 1/3 of the team using the OP vehicles yet on the other hand think that the rest of players aren't capable of making sensible choices about their roles. 

2 things: 

Maybe that would be the case at first. So much hype for tanks. After some time, things will be balanced again.

And second, well...vehicles can be OP given the right conditions. Now having a lonely tank trying to cap a flag in the middle of a village with no infantry support, well...that´s not so op.

So i´m not really concerned about the last part. 

I agree that now an infantry squad may look a bit harmless against a tank. Just one AT rocket for a lat seems almost nothing. But then I think that there can be 2 or 3 riflemen with him to resuply those rockets, and I think well...now a squad that stays together with riflemen will be incentivize by game mechanics. And I like that. That sounds really "ready-team-fire-assist" as per marine corps doctrine.

4 hours ago, embecmom said:

having all roles open may not guarantee you get the kit you want anyway...  rifleman alot of the time is very powerful and moreso now with ammo bags.

That's my whole point. If I had to pick only one weapon to use in Squad it would be the iron sight M4 with the vertical foregrip. Its the best weapon in the game. Assuming everyone is going to fill out squads with nothing but MG's or LAT's just "because" is ludicrous just like the supposition that nobody wants to play Medic because its "boring"...

Hopefully once the game is finished the nannycam will get turned off and the SL will get to decide his/her squads loadout depending on the mission.

8 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

That's my whole point. If I had to pick only one weapon to use in Squad it would be the iron sight M4 with the vertical foregrip. Its the best weapon in the game. Assuming everyone is going to fill out squads with nothing but MG's or LAT's just "because" is ludicrous just like the supposition that nobody wants to play Medic because its "boring"...

Hopefully once the game is finished the nannycam will get turned off and the SL will get to decide his/her squads loadout depending on the mission.

mg is the weakest class imo, maybe it might change with the bigger maps and suppression but its time to deploy or move is far out weighed by a riflemans manoeuvrability ... and agreed the ironsight M4 I pick next if the m4 acog is not available.. but esp for close quarters fights.