Sign in to follow this  
Brendansports

New variants for current vehicles?

So I wonder if theyre plans to add variants of current vehicles in squad like the stryker and the matv etc.

Recently the a new version of the stryker was adopted with a 30mm cannon

Image result for stryker 30mm

This could easily compete with the Russian 30mm, maybe keep the same damage but change the rof?

I also assume all of these would be easier to model because you already have the base stryker down.

Also since the introduction of tanks is coming soon maybe include a stryker with the 105 Autoloader?

Image result for stryker 30mm

This seems a good addition to have with tanks coming in soon.

You could also add the MK19 to the matv and stryker as-well. But of course, this is just what I think you could add because you already have the basic standard versions of these vehicles. Please take this into consideration.

With the way assets like the CROWS M2, Russian 30mm turret and ZU-23 have been implemented in the past it seems like OWI is already thinking about variants.

We might see the variants you've suggested in the future but it comes down to balance and complexity. We could get the 30mm Stryker for example but that would bring a sort of faction parity isn't necessarily interesting.

8 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

The stryker with the massive gun on it was a failed design. It literally only could fire facing forward or roll over.

Sounds like it dovetail nicely with the rest of the vehicles in the game then...

I suspect we'll see some variants, especially as we've learned some tricks along the way in making vehicles. They'd still require some art, design, and testing though. =)