Sign in to follow this  
Kodagobang

If your kit has binoculars, enemy map marking should be enabled.

Doesn't have to mean they can place all marks, but something along the lines of "hold T to spot".  The delay in: spotting, finding the correct keypad call, relaying the message to your squad lead (lets hope hes not afk again), having him ask you to repeat the bearing, and then still not marking it correctly is quite annoying, and gets people killed.  Not to mention maybe 1 out of 5 squad leads dont even listen to their squad or just made a squad because there weren't any open. 

Very few kits have binoculars anyway so honestly I doubt it would be that bad.  Let the scouts scout, the crewman posted up 1000m away too.  

9 hours ago, embecmom said:

many many posts on this subject already.

I just searched for some and didnt find any directly relating to what my point was.  Sorry if I missed something elsewhere.  TL:DR hold T to spot enemies while using binoculars.

18 hours ago, Kodagobang said:

I just searched for some and didnt find any directly relating to what my point was.  Sorry if I missed something elsewhere.  TL:DR hold T to spot enemies while using binoculars.

ok jist of it is that many people have asked for other players to be able to mark the map.. the general consensus has been that it creates issues with clutter and of course trolls... apparently there will be some updates to icons etc on the map not sure if that means some specific kits will be able to mark the map.

I totally agree, if only for eye markers. Sick of needing to be squad lead simply to accurately mark targets when there are no nearby references to use. 

On 9/16/2018 at 8:10 AM, embecmom said:

ok jist of it is that many people have asked for other players to be able to mark the map.. the general consensus has been that it creates issues with clutter and of course trolls... apparently there will be some updates to icons etc on the map not sure if that means some specific kits will be able to mark the map.

Ahhh I see.  Yeah I could see the problem in that.  That would be great if there is already something in the works.  I envision it as like the squad lead T menu, if you dont have a the SL kit.  The only option is to drop a rally point.  That would be a great start for roles with binoculars, the only option being (place scout mark w/e) placing a mark on map.  Another thought for it, have it be on cooldown (30-45 seconds) that way it cant be abused!

one good addition in v12 will be the ability to for the SL to zoom to a player automatically I believe on the map by clicking on name or something like that.. this will help greatly.