Sign in to follow this  
Croweater

Recoil is wrong.

The recoil in squad causes the rifle to jump up.  This is correct.  But it also causes the rifle to jump either left or right randomly.  This is wrong.  For a right handed shooter, the recoil would jump to the right.  For a left handed shooter, the recoil would jump left.  The torque of the recoil works against the shooter's spine, so if the shooter's rifle is on the right side of the spine, the recoil would push right.  Never left.  I understand that developers want to put difficulties to overcome in the game, but recoil jumping left for a right hand shooter is just contrived, and needs to be eliminated.

17 hours ago, Croweater said:

The recoil in squad causes the rifle to jump up.  This is correct.  But it also causes the rifle to jump either left or right randomly.  This is wrong.  For a right handed shooter, the recoil would jump to the right.  For a left handed shooter, the recoil would jump left.  The torque of the recoil works against the shooter's spine, so if the shooter's rifle is on the right side of the spine, the recoil would push right.  Never left.  I understand that developers want to put difficulties to overcome in the game, but recoil jumping left for a right hand shooter is just contrived, and needs to be eliminated.

It's done intentionally, to pace firefights, and to reduce the common thing many FPS games are plagued by, hold down LMB and spray everything - I guess its a nice reminder, there is a single fire option if full auto isn't working out.

I like the way it is currently, it forces more user input if they want to spray. V9 weapons had laser accuracy, v10 the horizontal recoil was far too much, with v11 I think it's in a good place currently.

14 hours ago, Dubs said:

It's done intentionally, to pace firefights, and to reduce the common thing many FPS games are plagued by, hold down LMB and spray everything - I guess its a nice reminder, there is a single fire option if full auto isn't working out.

I like the way it is currently, it forces more user input if they want to spray. V9 weapons had laser accuracy, v10 the horizontal recoil war far too much, with v11 I think it's in a good place currently.

Totaly agree. v9 too easy - v10 too hard - v11 has a real good balance