Sign in to follow this  
Elad

Commander in every APC / IFV

I think we should have a commander seat in all of this for better gamplay just like in the tanks coming up. What doyou guys think ? 

We already have commander periscopes for BTRs. The reason Bradleys and Warriors lack a commander slot is because of an issue with the current vehicle system that doesn't allow for turrets to be placed on turrets.

With V12 and tanks it seems like that's all fixed so the Bradley will be getting a commander seat. Haven't seen the devs comment about the Warrior getting a commander seat but that wouldn't surprise me.

what about the striker ? and thanks didnt know that :) 

I think the Stryker only has two crew seats in reality but the BTR has three.

8 hours ago, Elad said:

Nope 3 for sure mate 

Depending which platform. M1126 basic IFV platform for Stryker Brigade have 2 man crew.

For Stryker the commander doubles as the gunner at the 3 o'clock position. He has a bunch of periscopes but they're nonfunctional in game. I thought that's what the turret over turret limitation was? Can't have more than one perspective for a single seat.

The BTR already has a command seat... everyone just forgets that it's there. Soviet procedure was commander dismounts with the infantry leaving just the driver and gunner inside.

real life BTR is kind of death trap. Because of it Russian soldiers, in fact used to right on the top of them, which I find to be surprisingly not an option in the game (probably because of the balance issues of making troop transports useless, but they could be easily turned into extra logistics trucks).

1 hour ago, Caliell said:

real life BTR is kind of death trap. Because of it Russian soldiers, in fact used to right on the top of them, which I find to be surprisingly not an option in the game (probably because of the balance issues of making troop transports useless, but they could be easily turned into extra logistics trucks).

Every vhic can be a death trap my friend.People riding on the BTR or tanks or any type of a vhic you have that all over the world.

You should be inside the BTR when you are getting transported inside of the battlezone but when you are transporting guys outside the battlezone people can ride on top of it its pure simple you put a bunch of them inside and even more bunch on top of them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTR-80

Edited by Bahrein

7 hours ago, Bahrein said:

Every vhic can be a death trap my friend.People riding on the BTR or tanks or any type of a vhic you have that all over the world.

You should be inside the BTR when you are getting transported inside of the battlezone but when you are transporting guys outside the battlezone people can ride on top of it its pure simple you put a bunch of them inside and even more bunch on top of them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTR-80

The reason why I mentioned that, you have to look for what BTR series and Stryker series are designed for. BTR (Bronetrasporter in Russian) translates literally to "APC carrier" with the base Stryker IFV model seem to be the same.  - However the deviation in those "analogs" comes down to that BTR was meant to be amphibious and swift. Yes, it is true any vehicle can be the death trap, but Stryker's Double V hull and slat armor, specifically designed to tackle IED problems is "definitely less of the death trap."

Edited by Caliell

On 9/14/2018 at 5:16 PM, Caliell said:

The reason why I mentioned that, you have to look for what BTR series and Stryker series are designed for. BTR (Bronetrasporter in Russian) translates literally to "APC carrier" with the base Stryker IFV model seem to be the same.  - However the deviation in those "analogs" comes down to that BTR was meant to be amphibious and swift. Yes, it is true any vehicle can be the death trap, but Stryker's Double V hull and slat armor, specifically designed to tackle IED problems is "definitely less of the death trap."

My friend my friend BTR was in service long before the styker dacades before him.

And it just took minor changes becouse its a lot more exspencive to make a tottaly new one amphibious infantry troop carrier then just upgrade the older ones a little bit.The thing is about the Russians thy have a huge lot of difirent troop transports and ifv.

9 hours ago, Bahrein said:

My friend my friend BTR was in service long before the styker dacades before him.

And it just took minor changes becouse its a lot more exspencive to make a tottaly new one amphibious infantry troop carrier then just upgrade the older ones a little bit.The thing is about the Russians thy have a huge lot of difirent troop transports and ifv.

Indeed it is and I am Russian by the way. Ironically Russian who served in US military (lulz).

On 9/12/2018 at 7:21 PM, Elad said:

I think we should have a commander seat in all of this for better gamplay just like in the tanks coming up. What doyou guys think ? 

At most there's 40 people on a team and you'd like to see yet another person be a useless mirror fogger in Squad? It's not bad enough we've got entire squads up on ridges doing TOW's and such when it could be accomplished by 2 people but now you want 3 people in a IFV? If anything, all the fighting vehicles should be set-up so a single person can drive and shoot so more people are actually on objectives.

5 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

At most there's 40 people on a team and you'd like to see yet another person be a useless mirror fogger in Squad? It's not bad enough we've got entire squads up on ridges doing TOW's and such when it could be accomplished by 2 people but now you want 3 people in a IFV? If anything, all the fighting vehicles should be set-up so a single person can drive and shoot so more people are actually on objectives.

I already mentioned my person argument about this. - First of all it is pointless to make vehicle "arcadey(ish)" due to the fact that "useless mirror fogger" is quite rare with the average crew in the vast majority of matches running 2 man crew. However "FORCING" such "Arcade" mechanics on the players (such as me) who wish for realistic crew is also unreasonable and pointless. - Why? Because the tank with the full crew is much more effective than with 2 and with introduction of the crewman class, this is rare to see dedicated armored vehicles' crewman squad as is. The result? - Such fears of "more useless non infantry players" is completely unfound because this scenario is highly unlikely due to the vast majority of players, naturally grabbing infantry classes anyway. Why am I for Commander's seats? The reason for this, is simply adds more freedom of choice to the game of what you wish to do. The best games tend to be the ones with the more freedom of approach, which translates into "more room for having fun." There should be absolutely no reason for not having such options (such as commander) if they are already naturally do not cause any problems as you mention. In my 300 hours of Squad gameplay I had never seen the situation you described, where "everyone ran wildly for armored vehicles as useless crewmen, leaving good portion of the team without viable infantrymen." - At most I saw about 10 matches, where one or two locked squads of 3 people ran dedicated vehicle crew, which are not very common. The rest of the matches, surprisingly involved one man or two man crews. - However dumbing down vehicles to "Arcade Mode" will take out the effort vs reward part of the game, rewarding solo players with such vehicles, when they should require effort to operate.

Therefore the freedom to 2 man and 4 man as the option on the side should always be there.

If Squad will introduce 100 player severs as well (which seems to be the plan), this problem will be non existent anyway and fully crewed vehicles shouldn't cause any problems even with such scenario that very unlikely to happen and already with current (semi) "realistic" crew numbers, at least I and I would think majority of players can agree rarely if ever happened.

"If it is not broke, don't fix it"

Edited by Caliell

Sure except it's a foregone conclusion that the only reason anyone is going to play commander is because they get machine guns. Nobody uses the command seats on the BTR or the BRDM for commanding because it's impractical, the driver slot is just more reasonable for that purpose.

I use the comander and i am dissappointed about the lack of comanders seat in the bradley and warrior (I know there was a problem with turrets on turrets.)

1 hour ago, Caliell said:

I already mentioned my person argument about this. - First of all it is pointless to make vehicle "arcadey(ish)" due to the fact that "useless mirror fogger" is quite rare with the average crew in the vast majority of matches running 2 man crew. However "FORCING" such "Arcade" mechanics on the players (such as me) who wish for realistic crew is also unreasonable and pointless. - Why? Because the tank with the full crew is much more effective than with 2 and with introduction of the crewman class, this is rare to see dedicated armored vehicles' crewman squad as is. The result? - Such fears of "more useless non infantry players" is completely unfound because this scenario is highly unlikely due to the vast majority of players, naturally grabbing infantry classes anyway. Why am I for Commander's seats? The reason for this, is simply adds more freedom of choice to the game of what you wish to do. The best games tend to be the ones with the more freedom of approach, which translates into "more room for having fun." There should be absolutely no reason for not having such options (such as commander) if they are already naturally do not cause any problems as you mention. In my 300 hours of Squad gameplay I had never seen the situation you described, where "everyone ran wildly for armored vehicles as useless crewmen, leaving good portion of the team without viable infantrymen." - At most I saw about 10 matches, where one or two locked squads of 3 people ran dedicated vehicle crew, which are not very common. The rest of the matches, surprisingly involved one man or two man crews. - However dumbing down vehicles to "Arcade Mode" will take out the effort vs reward part of the game, rewarding solo players with such vehicles, when they should require effort to operate.

Therefore the freedom to 2 man and 4 man as the option on the side should always be there.

If Squad will introduce 100 player severs as well (which seems to be the plan), this problem will be non existent anyway and fully crewed vehicles shouldn't cause any problems even with such scenario that very unlikely to happen and already with current (semi) "realistic" crew numbers, at least I and I would think majority of players can agree rarely if ever happened.

"If it is not broke, don't fix it"

Long long time i was talking the same thing you are saying right now.

But there is a lot of pubg and BF4 players on here who think and say just driving a vhic is boring just beeing a commander is boring and so on.

I am fighting with the same arguments like you agains them.

I was even proposing to put a loader crew position in the Abrams becouse he has it in real life.But i lost ;-)

I think it should be forced to at least 2 man AN APC, I getting sick of the servers having A rule but  no one gives a shit. why not just implement so you cant move an APC without 2 man   

15 hours ago, Bahrein said:

Long long time i was talking the same thing you are saying right now.

But there is a lot of pubg and BF4 players on here who think and say just driving a vhic is boring just beeing a commander is boring and so on.

I am fighting with the same arguments like you agains them.

I was even proposing to put a loader crew position in the Abrams becouse he has it in real life.But i lost ;-)

In the way, we might of won because the developers introducing M1A2 into the game as 4 man crew (Loader optional as 240 gunner) after my suggestion and I was surprised that they took the notice of it.

5 hours ago, Caliell said:

In the way, we might of won because the developers introducing M1A2 into the game as 4 man crew (Loader optional as 240 gunner) after my suggestion and I was surprised that they took the notice of it.

I was in that topic of yours as well my brother.

I am more hardcore when it comes to the loader i would make him essential for the Abrams since it could not reload withought him.

And dont be surprised thy actually read the forum suggestions and inplement some of them unlike other developers. 

Single crewing vehicles is far too easy and effective right now. The seat swap time and weapon activation after swap times should be drastically increased to reduce unrealistic use of AFV that reduces teamwork.

Single crewing vehicles should be so ineffective that it gets people shouted out of servers and kicked.

It should not be possible 

Edited by Elad

On 9/18/2018 at 2:19 PM, Good-Try Greg said:

Nobody uses the command seats on the BTR or the BRDM for commanding because it's impractical, the driver slot is just more reasonable for that purpose.

not true! Useful asset if you're playing with friends or people who know anything about AFV's