Why do u asume that the player that kill you was the one you were looking at?... there can me many enemies around you! You asume you were killed by a specific enemy in you LoS, and therefore come with all these theories about cheating and broken game. It can be explainemd by many MANY, more simple reasons.

if you want really poor hit reg then play Rising Storm Vietnam ..... and thats one shot kill most of the time... 

Edited by embecmom

On 9/24/2018 at 9:09 AM, embecmom said:

whats wrong with the video? the guy was hit and disappeared?  how do you know you did not kill him?

Dude, he threw a NADE at me.  Unless there is a new cheat that allows you to toss a nade after you die, he didn't die.

On 9/24/2018 at 6:46 AM, Guan_Yu007 said:

^Basically lol. Squad's hitreg isn't perfect, no, but what do you expect? Pretty sure it took Battlefield 4 more than a year after release to fix theirs.

BF4 hit reg was great until the "spring update" when they made the PC version a console cross over version.  I uninstalled squad and steam, first game in BF4, I back up, get shot behind wall after backing up, but at least I knew where the guy was because we could see each other because they actually have accurate models.

The smoke video IS a huge deal because it proves their hit boxes are programmed OUTSIDE the "physical" body.  That's HUGE!  If I can get shot "over" a wall when the guy is CLEARLY behind it (NOT VISIBLE) it's a load of crap he was actually able to kill me.  With the hit boxes sitting FEET above our prone bodies it's entirely possible I wasn't even the intended target!

That is 100% "BS".

Edited by H4ilToTheKing

The thing is, and this is why I think your contribution isn't that effective, is that you're still just making wild comments that don't seem based in fact. Clearly, most of the time, hitboxes aren't feet above a prone player. That's clearly not the case, in game experience. I acknowledged that the smoke you threw was, yes, indicative of a collision issue or whatever, but yelling 'BS' just isn't a.. response that is likely to get a lot of sympathy, positive reaction or respect.

3 hours ago, H4ilToTheKing said:

The smoke video IS a huge deal because it proves their hit boxes are programmed OUTSIDE the "physical" body.  That's HUGE!  If I can get shot "over" a wall when the guy is CLEARLY behind it (NOT VISIBLE) it's a load of crap he was actually able to kill me.  With the hit boxes sitting FEET above our prone bodies it's entirely possible I wasn't even the intended target!

That is 100% "BS".

Yeah, that's not how it works.

10 hours ago, H4ilToTheKing said:

Dude, he threw a NADE at me.  Unless there is a new cheat that allows you to toss a nade after you die, he didn't die.

you dont know that. you assume that.  as always there could be more than one player there.  Whilst I wont argue the hit reg is suspect sometimes, just not enough in the vid to categorically confirm you didnt down him and that he was the one throwing the nade.

11 hours ago, H4ilToTheKing said:

I think you always asume you´re in a one-on-one combat situation. Most of the videos can be explained by somebody shooting at you from somewhere else. The nade can come from a different player. 

The smoke vid is the only one that shows and obvious flaw. But it´s a videogame, and I choose to laugh at those things that happen only once in a while. I don´t get angry...it´s a game.

Yeah seriously lol.. Yes the hit detection is a bit odd sometimes, but it's rare enough for me to just enjoy the game whenever i play. I mean i suck at shooters in general, so i try to make a difference with my tactics as a squadlead. Anyways, i do hope they improve the hit detection a bit in the beta, but i understand that it's clearly not the biggest priority right now. The game is playable and very enjoyable.

On 9/24/2018 at 3:38 PM, H4ilToTheKing said:

But probably the BEST example of why hit reg is so pathetic in this game is this.  His hit box is FEET above his body, pathetic.

well a couple feet, yeah, and it most likely extended up to full Capsule height (assumption).  yes this is  an obvious glitch, i totally agree, but definitely   not a 'hit-reg' issue though - it's registering quite well, your 'nade bounced back.

On 9/24/2018 at 3:43 PM, H4ilToTheKing said:

Done wit this shit game for a while.  Two shots through the head no kill.

neither were "head-shots". i agree with Dundish and TheRed above. the problem here is calling them as head-shots when they clearly were not - your bullets would have to pull left by ~100mm over that distance to hit his head. anyway, two to the neck+/or shoulder - he's prolly pretty phark'd

i won't comment on the other two as i could not make out where the shooter was, the vids are of average quality and very short. however the 'through the wall' one sounded like from hard left (ie: beyond your peripheral at the time) - to me anyway.

you must have a pretty good run most of the time though, considering you have only posted a minute or so's worth, total footage from what, many, many hours of playing?

compared to BF's and BF:BC2, this game easily appears to have far better hit reg (my POV).

PS: has anyone read the "Boom - Headshot" paper lately? i know it's prolly outdated to some degree by now but it explains quite succinctly how latency works, and all that stuff - well worth a read. (please: anyone know what i'm referring to? is it still relevant to modern engines?)

Edited by LaughingJack

tbh Im not so worried about the hitboxes being dodgy at times, its the fact you can shoot someone and they can fire and IF its the same guy in the OP video accurately have time to throw a nade back after being shot... not suggesting it cant be done at times but there is little to no effect other than a bit of blurring to aim... will this be adjusted with suppression if you get first shot off ?

That first vid: reticle is behind the player who is moving away from it. You compensate for the first shot but don't keep pulling through the burst. First shot hits, second and third are high and wide. Your "center mass" includes his backpack, which has no hitbox. You were peeking predictively, while he was keeping his sights on the corner. He rightly got the jump on you as you were looking at the wall.

On 9/25/2018 at 9:43 AM, embecmom said:

if you want really poor hit reg then play Rising Storm Vietnam ..... and thats one shot kill most of the time... 

Really? I'm an avid RS2 player and I've heard other people make this criticism, but I just don't experience it. In fact on the whole, I feel like hit reg is better in RS2 than in Squad - or at least, I suffer a lot less "BS" than I do in Squad, if you get what I mean. The only time I've suffered from feeling like my shots were noticeably going awry is when I'm on a server with a high ping. But most of the time I stick to UK/EU servers and have very little problem.