Sign in to follow this  
H4ilToTheKing

Bring Back v9 Hit Reg

Will v12 have actually good hit reg where people do not survive three shots to the center mass?  Cuz this is just unplayable.  It's so bad I reinstalled PUBG, that says a lot.  PUBG bullet phyics are **** and i rather deal with that.  I love squad, but this is just unplayable unenjoyable.  This is one of dozens of bullet proof BS that happens every gunfight in this game.

4 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

You hit him twice and you were low on health.

I had just spawned, try again.

9 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

Those weren´t 3 shots. Maybe one if you don´t consider input lag. 

Bad trolls are bad, three shots, three blood splatters, kidney, stomach, then heart

While there are hit reg issues the video doesn't show them. All that happened in the video is latency which can't really be fixed.

The hit reg issues I usually notice are at range when the client displays hits as landing with a blood spurt but the server doesn't so someone appears to shrug off a few extra hits. In close quarters it also happens but I always put a few extra rounds into my target which makes it harder to notice.

I fear there might be better examples than this video, but i must confess, i'm getting alot more tradekills than i used to get in v9.

It works both ways though, i have shrugged off 6-7 rounds in 1 situation when i pushed on a dude lying behind a small hill. I could hear myself getting hit but no damage taken while i killed him without any problem.

Your video I dont think you hit him three times there are only two blood splatters front and rear (dont know if there is animation for bullet exit wound?) and what makes it really annoying is you get head shot because that's all that is exposed and die which makes sense but BS all the same...  but tbh there have been complaints about the hit reg for a little while, I think V10 was the worst where you could see blood animation, headshot etc no kill...and worst of all they spin and one shot ... pffff..  which may be lag..

However if it does take at times 2 or 3 shots to down someone via the body my biggest problem with that is that there is no penalty to the person being shot... your stamina should reduce to 0 so you now have gun sway to make it harder to shoot back, couple that with the new suppression I think this would at least make it feel as though when you get the drop on someone they do get penalised for it.  

Edited by embecmom

9 hours ago, embecmom said:

However if it does take at times 2 or 3 shots to down someone via the body my biggest problem with that is that there is no penalty to the person being shot... your stamina should reduce to 0 so you now have gun sway to make it harder to shoot back, couple that with the new suppression I think this would at least make it feel as though when you get the drop on someone they do get penalised for it.  

+1

I've got to say, I have experienced many situations like the OP. Several times, where I've had all the advantages - for instance, crouched inside a room in a building, covering the door - and someone has just walked in and killed me almost instantly, even though I've got rounds off at them first. Absolutely enraging to think you have the drop on someone, being crouched, aiming and ready, yet still losing out when they are moving and shouldn't know where you are. I put it down to needing to "git gud", but now I'm wondering if hit reg might be a small part of the problem. 

45 minutes ago, DaiaBu said:

I've got to say, I have experienced many situations like the OP. Several times, where I've had all the advantages - for instance, crouched inside a room in a building, covering the door - and someone has just walked in and killed me almost instantly, even though I've got rounds off at them first. Absolutely enraging to think you have the drop on someone, being crouched, aiming and ready, yet still losing out when they are moving and shouldn't know where you are. I put it down to needing to "git gud", but now I'm wondering if hit reg might be a small part of the problem. 

Happened to me as well a couple of times where in every aspect the other guy should be dead but no i am the one thats dead.

I was told its the lag the slow internet speed high ping and so on.Its simple its all in the miliseconds i think.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:13 PM, H4ilToTheKing said:

I had just spawned, try again.

Bad trolls are bad, three shots, three blood splatters, kidney, stomach, then heart

I acutally like the current mechanic (at least when someone is being shot to the center mass) because it realistically portrays the damage mitigated by the body armor. Shooting M4 or AK74, even with armor piercing rounds, even at such range  tend to have random effects, but not outright death (unless someone got cheesed).

You also seemed to scored only one shot and the rest of the burst, pulled to the right. I re watched this video multiple times at .25 speed and there seems to be only one hit that is registered. If that was 5.56 at such range just hitting him center mass into the plate incert, there is good chance he would of gotten away with the wind knocked out of him and a bruise from the bulge in the plate.

Also keep in mind, in such close engagements in Squad, ping does matter. Would be nice to know for more information how bad was your latency. If you had somewhere over 100 ping and that guy had let's say 30 or even 60, "You get what you see" mechanic of the game would of simply favored him first. You might see him and shot at him, but on his end he already saw you first and shot you.

Edited by Caliell

Yes the hitreg is not as good as it can be, I made a thread about it when V11 launched. But this video is the case of: Mad cuz bad. You were aiming at the doorframe, saw him, adjusted your aim, and then you maybe hit him once, by that time, he just sprayed you down. 

Edit: Watched your other video, where you sprayed a guy with a m249. You wrote that you hit him in the head, the video shows (at .25 speed) a hit in his right shoulder, and the rest of your shots missed. 
Again, I don't deny that the hitreg or the netcode has some issues, Squad is my favorite game, but I am not a fanboy. I'm just saying that in your videos the "BS" is not the hitreg or the netcode.

Edited by Font