Sign in to follow this  
PROTOCOL

TEAMKILL vs SUICIDE (LOGIC UPDATE)

Is it possible to update the game logic and how it attributes TEAMKILLS for mines?

Currently, if a player runs over a friendly mine the teamkill(s) get counted towards the scout that placed the mine. This is an unwarranted penalty to the scout. Especially, when/where the mines are marked on the map for friendly players. I've even seen cases where people intentionally run over the mines. Sometimes, causing scout to be automatically kicked from server. This is broken logic.

Here's the suggestion:

1. Change the code logic to attribute the death as a suicide (to the player that runs over the mine)
  2. If there are passengers in the vehicle, the additional deaths are then team kills (attributed to the driver, not the scout). 

Benefits of change:

1. Encourage vehicle drivers to check map for friendly mines. 
  2. Assigns additional passenger deaths to driver accordingly, as the responsible party for passenger live(s). 
  3. Prevents abuse by penalizing the abuser, not the person playing the role as expected. 

Thanks,

I play Scout quite a lot so I know the issues.

I think all teamkills should be counted as a death to the person who did the killing. This way the only penalty is the need to respawn or wait for medic, this penalty is fine and people getting teamkilled are rarely innocent, situational awareness reduces the change of being teamkilled eg local chat " Friendly inside".

Mine teamkills have been discussed before.  

There was some talk of trolling with mines if the person placing them was to be removed from responsibility, I think the above increase in Deaths to the person who teamkilled would help to reduce this. 

I hope that destruction/loss of vehicles is counted in future scoring, the driver should be responsible for the loss, not the player who placed the mine.

I hope they address it. Who knows, maybe v12 will have a fix for it, wishful thinking. 

Thanks for the feedback. Will pass it on -- it's not something likely to make it into alpha 12, since there's a lot going on there already, but it's a good point for sure.

+1 love this idea. Only thing thing i can imagine to make this better ( read: to prevent abuse) is that there should be a countdown timer ( say 20 or 30 seconds) for the mine. It would work like this:

1. If the mine is driven over before the countdown timer ends. The person who placed the mine gets all the deaths as teamkills, like they do now.

2. If the mine is driven over after the countdown timer ends. Your suggestion takes effect. 

the scout getting punished for **** driving over a mine is just daft although many times someone else is reading the map for the driver as it can be difficult to keep eye on map, listen to orders, drive and at times avoid fire.... ok so I cant walk and chew gum... 

On 9/25/2018 at 5:53 AM, embecmom said:

the scout getting punished for **** driving over a mine is just daft although many times someone else is reading the map for the driver as it can be difficult to keep eye on map, listen to orders, drive and at times avoid fire.... ok so I cant walk and chew gum... 

In that case i eould still say its the drivers fault. They are the one driving after all.

Unlikely they're gunna change that, I personally haven't got any shit for when an idiiot hits my mines