Nubski

Just joined, so hello to everyone

I joined because I have developed an interest in this awesome game from watching videos on Youtube.

Squad seems to be a well designed game and it looks beautiful.

My first question is where should I purchase the game, here or Steam?  If here will I still need Steam?

Also since I use the right side of my keyboard will I be able to re-assign all the key presses?

Edited by Nubski

Hello and welcome to Squad @Nubski,

52 minutes ago, Nubski said:

where should I purchase the game, here or Steam?  If here will I still need Steam?

Steam is required in order to play Squad.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/393380/Squad/

53 minutes ago, Nubski said:

Also since I use the right side of my keyboard will I be able to re-assign all the key presses?

not entirely sure.

worst case, it should be possible to change the keyboard layout in the input.ini with a text editor.

%localappdata%\Squad\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\input.ini

maybe helpful:

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/List_of_Key/Gamepad_Input_Names#Keyboard

Hey, buddy, welcome to community and game! Hope to see u online soon :) 

Welcome welcome! 

13 hours ago, Nubski said:

I joined because I have developed an interest in this awesome game from watching videos on Youtube.

Same here my dude! 13 days short of an year since I bought it and I have exactly 975 hours into this game haha

13 hours ago, Nubski said:

I've seen some people experiencing some keys don't work for some functions but as beginna suggested tweaking those ini file should at least be a help. 
If you have any support related questions, do not hesitate to use the Software Support/Hardware Tech Support sections of the forum and hop on our discord linked in the top of the page for more quicker replies :)

I was able to install Steam and the game and I tried someone's server. The game ran, at that time, very well, however I was the only one in the server.

Is there a server browser program other than the one in the game?

First off Welcome :) this is a great game  & community to be part of

The server list in the game shows all the 'live' servers, IMHO its easier to view if you remove the empty servers. You should have seen multiple servers (link to page on squad Wiki, this is an old version), are you sure you joined a game through the server browser and did not select 'shooting range' ?

In Shooting range there will only ever be you and its good to go on there to familiarise yourself with the roles / weapons, once you are ok with these try   either joining a Jensens range map in the server browser with a friend to practice shooting moving stuff or join a server but on joining a squad (do not create one) announce that you are new

Edited by scoobi
forgot to say hi

I notice while in the shooting range that the weapons hit points are different when not ads and ads. Seems to me that the hit points should be the same.

I am trying to setup my mice. I have three and I am wondering which one to use, G502, Roccat Kone AIMO, or Steelseries Rival 500.

They each have their pros and cons. The Steelseries has more buttons but is butt heavy. Would be nice if the Roccat had two more buttons.

Anyone using any of these mice? If so how did you set them up?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the community! It looks like folks here have you covered, but don't be afraid to ask if you need something else. =)

Welcome Squadie!

I also noticed that the ADS and non-ADS hit points are different. In my opinion one or both are wrong.