Nightingale87

Disable HAB by enemy presence

I know Squad is not finished and its a work in progress …

But I feel it´s time to step up the demand of strategic thinking a Little bit more. And I think that can be achieved by something that doesn´t really change the mechanics, but the meta. It actually makes the meta more tactically demanding.

Like the title says, the HAB should be disable by enemy presence in a certain radious, say 50 mts. 

Of course it shouldnt be ANY nme soldier, but for example an SL + 6 of the same squad. 

PR players will remember something similar to This. I just loved the way it worked.

Great!....I was away for 2 months so I didn´t know about it.

So this hasn´t been implemented yet….

Edited by Nightingale87

So now it will be super easy to take down a Fob. Just place yourself within 50m of the HAB kill the few people around them dig down the HAB. Not too sure about this being a good idea actually. I mean a FOB/HAB is some kind of "base" . Reinforcements should be plentiful at a base I recon.

Number one error people do spawning on a HAB under fire is to not throw smokes around it. If you do that it is usually possible to break out actually. 

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

I agree Johnson... more targets is great, pressure and high level of challenge to take down a HAB is perfect.

Meat grinder is the issue.

Perhaps the proposed system could be balanced with a soft takedown of the HAB, make it so normal players can dig it down but the enemy can psuh back and put it all back up just by dropping a new radio and doing some digging, penalise the resources perhaps....

A complete removal of the structures and HAB could require lots of explosives or heavy machinery :) everyone wins. (or extensive digging for really boring people, im talking several minutes to destroy the HAB)

I like PS's way of dealing with it. Enemy presence will stop spawning, but it takes a big box of boom to make it go away. So, if you don't have a large explosive on you, and few people do, you have to coordinate with your team to get an airstrike on it, or for someone to come blow it up. This makes it more likely to have a FOB that is repeatedly fought over, cleared, brought back online, then lost again. FOBs act more like backup spawnpoints in PS, so they are not always as crucial to keep alive, and points don't matter either, it's not exactly the same. 

3 hours ago, LugNut said:

I like PS's way of dealing with it. Enemy presence will stop spawning, but it takes a big box of boom to make it go away. So, if you don't have a large explosive on you, and few people do, you have to coordinate with your team to get an airstrike on it, or for someone to come blow it up.

Just like PR

I have to admit that the idea of making HABs disabled is a good one. But it´s tru that in PR and in PS you cant just dig it out. In Squad the average rifleman can just disable a HAB by himself. So maybe matches will turn more into a "Hunt the other team´s HABs, and then the fob now that it´s much easier" rather than a fight for the flags. 

So will a team lose points if they lose the fob???

You might want to make it a bit harder to actually get rid of the HAB....C4 did the trick in PR....Id love to see something like that here

If PR did it that way, it makes sense that PS does as well. Same reasoning behind their Recall command.

If its logic conclusion ... we can expect some another changes ... or ? Yes disable and than dig it ou is pretty easy. But first versions in PR was same. Like disable FOB by knife .. etc. 

First version in Squad was ... overrun disable spawn and reduce FOB health. Than shovels came at scene. And so on. So we can expect some another evolution steps :)  jsut because we know history. Dont forget that SLs have indicary nade at INS map. So solution can be pretty easy. HAB could be disabled by shovels but Radio by SLs indicator nade. Another step could be explosives and so on. Just give it a time. 

On 06/09/2018 at 5:34 PM, LugNut said:

I like PS's way of dealing with it. Enemy presence will stop spawning, but it takes a big box of boom to make it go away. So, if you don't have a large explosive on you, and few people do, you have to coordinate with your team to get an airstrike on it, or for someone to come blow it up. This makes it more likely to have a FOB that is repeatedly fought over, cleared, brought back online, then lost again. FOBs act more like backup spawnpoints in PS, so they are not always as crucial to keep alive, and points don't matter either, it's not exactly the same. 

Yes this implementation would be good idea.. whilst I hate PSs mobile spawns due to the fact anyone can drive them, the fact that any old grunt cant take it down and it requires a sapper/air strike to disable is good.   ... if we are going to disable spawning by proximity then Im not sure there is any point now to a radio and hab... I would go as far as to say that it becomes one  mobile truck but requires building of spawn area from it / around the truck (COH2) ...

Emplacements perhaps can then become a separate logi truck that can be placed anywhere (as discussed in other threads to separate emplacements)... so to get a big base up you need both logi truck and command truck (coh2 again) ... ......  means you dont lose everything if they decide to take the spawn truck down but each emplacement needs dismantled ...  always drives me nuts that you can spend long time building stuff and need umpteen diggers... yet to get rid of them all just remove the radio... enemy team need to go through the same pain as building it!

Edited by embecmom

I play a lot of Logi Squad in PS, and there are certainly problems with it, but decoupling the FOB from deployables is a huge step in the right direction. 

I think defenses should stay once you lose a FOB/Truck, whatever. But I don't want to have to spend so much of the game shoveling in every cap you take, so some things that as an enemy you might normally destroy or use yourself should go. Like ammo. Or in PS, vehicle spawn tents. Sandbags, hescos, mgs, mortars, they should all stay unless you choose to kill them. You should be able to use them until their ammo runs out if you want.