MeFirst

New/additional scoreboard information

Hello everyone, 

I don't really know how this idea came into my mind, but here it is. I think it would be great to get a slightly different scoreboard at the end of a round. I am aware that stats will never reflect all aspects (good or bad) of player, squad or team performance, but stats should help players, squads and teams to figure out what they did good and what did not work well in regard for contribution of a round.

I think that there are some ways that feedback to the player could be improved. You often see/hear players at the end of a round boasting with something like:

Yeeeeaah, look at me. I made 30 kills!

It is not unlikely that players who simply played the objective etc. had an actual much greater impact on the match and the contribution to it. So my suggestion is that we get two new screens after or before the current scoreboard shows up. These screens should reflect better how tickets were lost. Those are just quick mockup's I made btw.

The first screen shows the contribution of both teams.

1o2dd0.jpg

The second screen is shown for each player individually and shows his personal contribution and the one of the squad he ended the round in.

29ed0k.jpg

This is obviously not perfect, but it is just a little idea I had.

I feel like people who drive logies should get points for it, or people who drive APC's and stuff should get the same stats as the gunners.

Instead of the current system the scoreboard should display a much more simpliified version that shows an individuals count of tickets gained and lost.

As it stands now you could go 10/0 and actually win the match for your team by taking away 100+ tickets by destroying multiple vehicles and digging up a FOB and your contribution to the victory gets no validation.  All it looks like is "big deal he/she got 10 kills".

On the other hand xxxJohnnyFPSxxx went 57/5 but all those 5 deaths represent the amount Warriors he lost.

This is all the more reason when I take out any of the three Mack Daddy vehicles I try to use them like a sniper rifle utilizing every single round to kill infantry if at all possible and try to avoid toe-to-toe armor contact. This way I can go 50/0 and it actually looks decent.

Not sure losses for own team, maybe for clan games or option for turning off this but for public games this would lead to too much trolling and possibly victimisation of one person. 

2 hours ago, Smee said:

Not sure losses for own team, maybe for clan games or option for turning off this but for public games this would lead to too much trolling and possibly victimisation of one person. 

This sounds too much like the American educational system where little Johnny gets 2+2=5 marked correctly because it was "close" and then he gets a participation trophy as well. Instead let's see in sequential order from highest to lowest who took away the most tickets and who lost the most as well.

3 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

This sounds too much like the American educational system where little Johnny gets 2+2=5 marked correctly because it was "close" and then he gets a participation trophy as well. Instead let's see in sequential order from highest to lowest who took away the most tickets and who lost the most as well.

lol

40 minutes ago, Smee said:

lol

I knew you'd appreciate that. At least a few people have a sense of humor in this SJW age.

Seriously though, since there aren't any persistent stats in Squad it certainly would be nice to see who actually was an asset and who was a liability if for no other reason but future reference. I'd like to see a TK count as well.

3 hours ago, Smee said:

Easily remedied by displaying total tickets gained/lost for the entire squad, not individual players. Also what victimization are we talking about here? I hope you don't mean that a guy who wastes excessive amounts of tickets and directly causes his team to lose should feel safe in knowledge that nobody can ever find out his 5 deaths cost the team upwards of a 100 tickets because he's wasting vehicles? Tickets are a much better way to evaluate player performance than k/d or score (don't even get me started on score in Squad).

Honestly, the only reason I can think of for not wanting to see tickets gained/lost is some people might be afraid to find out how little they amount to each round.

900th post! 100 more and I get a set of steak knives!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MultiSquid said:

Easily remedied by displaying total tickets gained/lost for the entire squad, not individual players. Also what victimization are we talking about here? I hope you don't mean that a guy who wastes excessive amounts of tickets and directly causes his team to lose should feel safe in knowledge that nobody can ever find out his 5 deaths cost the team upwards of a 100 tickets because he's wasting vehicles? Tickets are a much better way to evaluate player performance than k/d or score (don't even get me started on score in Squad).

Honestly, the only reason I can think of for not wanting to see tickets gained/lost is some people might be afraid to find out how little they amount to each round.

900th post! 100 more and I get a set of steak knives!

I concur. In addition my position has always been add kill feed and hide the ticket counts until the end of the match. This serves two purposes. The COD/BF/CSGO kids get the instant gratification they desire but at the conclusion of the match the players that took away the most tickets and also lost the least amount of tickets get the true validation.

Edited by Zylfrax791

16 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

lol.. snowflakes are so used to getting rewards for mediocrity, UK exam system is so screwed they now dont say pass or fail, its a no. which will change depending on how difficult the exam was ... 

15 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I concur. In addition my position has always been add kill feed and hide the ticket counts until the end of the match. This serves two purposes. The COD/BF/CSGO kids get the instant gratification they desire but at the conclusion of the match the players that took away the most tickets and also lost the least amount of tickets get the true validation.

I like showing squad ticket lost or won but don't think a kill feed is a good idea. We've got a good thing going at the moment with kills not being displayed until the end.

Lacking absolute information on whether or not you killed that MG in the window adds a degree of paranoia that wouldn't exist with a kill feed. I feel that the current system has a huge positive effect on the game and would be ruined with a kill feed.

Another minor benefit of only showing kills at the end is that it encourages players to stick around till the end.

21 hours ago, Smee said:

To clarify. My idea in regard to this is this.

Team Screen = Will not show individual players or squads.

Squad/Player Screen = Squad stats only shown for squad members. Player stats only shown for the individual player.

I agree that otherwise it would have a big potential for people being assholes to each other. Apart from that it is important that players can estimate their own performance and the performance of their squad etc. Knowing that Squad 1 was playing bad, while I am in Squad 2, will not improve the chances of players of Squad 1 becoming better or learn from it. Bitching at Squad or player X after a round or in the next round would also most likely not lead to positive changes, it will probably just reinforce a bad attitude/playstyle. 

4 hours ago, Stom said:

I like showing squad ticket lost or won but don't think a kill feed is a good idea. We've got a good thing going at the moment with kills not being displayed until the end.

Lacking absolute information on whether or not you killed that MG in the window adds a degree of paranoia that wouldn't exist with a kill feed. I feel that the current system has a huge positive effect on the game and would be ruined with a kill feed.

Another minor benefit of only showing kills at the end is that it encourages players to stick around till the end.

would hate to see a kill feed in this... it takes a step closer to COD etc ... but worst of all the would need to add a report button because everyone is cheating on the kill feed ....

How about instead of a global or team killfeed you got a personal message just like you do when you teamkill someone?

This way the COD Kiddies get their ASMR tingley feeling and a little pat on the head. Bottom line, displaying a running total of the tickets is always going to prone to abuse from many different aspects. Ticket counts must be hidden to protect the mystery and uncertainty of the match in a fog of war manner.

Yeah any type of killfeed removes the tension from the game completely. Right now a lot of the fun is wondering wether you actually killed them all or not after a firefight.

No kill feed please.

scoreboard needs an overhaul to show for the most important statistic in the game...tickets...

For lack of a more in-depth post (still looking!), I did want to point out that this is on Fuzzhead's radar: 

Making the round end summary highlight more of the productive actions in Squad is definitely a thing we want to have. Touched upon quickly in the August roundtable too: 

>> How about improved after action reports? It would be beneficial to see where tickets are going to better inform players what’s important. (This would include flag caps, etc.)

After Action Reports are something we’ve wanted for ages, and may be something we can bump up in priority. Right now it’s super basic, but we’d like to emphasize important objectives instead of just KDR. Not something for Alpha 12, but it’s on the drawing board.