On 8/28/2018 at 1:06 AM, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

Yes but it was strange they didn't mention it this time. It probably means there is still work to do on it. 

I don't think there is need at all for changing the vehicles from being realistic. Currently they can be one manned if someone loves to do that or they can be as real counterparts ran as full on crew (4 for abrams/3 for T72B3). "If it is not broken, don't fix it" just leaving it the way it is fine, because it gives the freedom of choice in the game. - This is what makes the games unique and amazing, is providing more leeway.

At the moment both those who wish for 2 man crews and for realistic crews win. There is absolutely no point for destroying Win/Win situation for the pointless argument "Well WE NEED MORE INFANTRY" when there is already more infantry and most of the vehicles are naturally ran on average by two crew members, with full crew being the option, who wishes for it to be. Forcing arcade mechanics on those who don't wish for them, will only turn people away, while those who wish for 2 man crew can already, happily do that by choice.

Edited by Caliell

4 hours ago, Mogwai said:

Thats wrong though. Dunno about abrams, but t72 can be literally 1 manned. It was either Chechnya or georgian war, one russian tanker had to do that his crew being gone for some reason, I dont exactly remember. Basically he was jumping from hatch to hatch, driving into position and firing. And I honestly dont think this is a single case in history. So technically its possible :P

Well I was in a tank. At least in the leopard 2 which is stemming from the same dev project as the abrams as far as I know, sharing many similarities, if you want to go from gunner to driver then you would have to turn the turret at 3 o'clock to even get down there, then drive around to a good position where you can see the enemy (maybe, you don't know because you can't see well from there). Then you would have to go back up as gunner, fire one single round and then pop out the roof hatch risk being shot and load a round and back into gunners position. If you wanna drive again then you would have to turn the turret at 3 o'clock again and so on. We'll, yeah it is possible to do that but you'll be taken out in a heartbeat and I wouldn't call it successfully operating a tank. More like a stationary crappy artillery or something.

That being said I totally think it should be possible in Squad but reload and seat switching times should suck enormously. 

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

17 hours ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

A tank cannot realistically be operated by only 2 people. Hence overpowered. 

Realistically you can't respawn or can you ?

On 13.09.2018 at 12:26 PM, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

Well I was in a tank. At least in the leopard 2 which is stemming from the same dev project as the abrams as far as I know, sharing many similarities, if you want to go from gunner to driver then you would have to turn the turret at 3 o'clock to even get down there, then drive around to a good position where you can see the enemy (maybe, you don't know because you can't see well from there). Then you would have to go back up as gunner, fire one single round and then pop out the roof hatch risk being shot and load a round and back into gunners position. If you wanna drive again then you would have to turn the turret at 3 o'clock again and so on. We'll, yeah it is possible to do that but you'll be taken out in a heartbeat and I wouldn't call it successfully operating a tank. More like a stationary crappy artillery or something.

That being said I totally think it should be possible in Squad but reload and seat switching times should suck enormously. 

In t72 raising cannon would be enough to get in driver's hatch. Also there is an auto loader so you dont have to switch seats to load. But I get your point. One of the solutions I would see to make it middleground between authenticity and playability would be implementing several entry points for vehicles. For example to enter driver seat you have to walk up to front of the tank, look at the hatch and interact with the hatch with F. To enter turret, youd have to climb the tank and press F on hatch there. Now switching seats inside turret would be possible but to go to driver you have to get out first. I dont think this is too hard to do. Same can be done with transport trucks. But in apcs you can just swich seats cause it is technically possible. So 1manning tank (using it as stationary, and moving occasionaly) should be possible but relatively slow and you have to get out first to switch between driver and any turret seat.

To add to this, anyone remembers cool animation for v10 of troops getting of the truck? I hope this will come eventually and well have entering animations for vehicles/stationaries, replacing the "loading circle" we have now. So thatI would require specific entry point/hatch to show proper animation (*whispers* kinda like in that other famous game about world war 1, forgot the name). @Gatzby, this is coming right? :))

Edited by Mogwai

On 18.09.2018 at 7:02 PM, WarEagle751 said:

Well... this could be a good sign! It's been two days since they updated the

newbuild-main New buildserver testing

so hopefully we shall be seeing a playtest soon for V.12 possibly this week or even really soon. Just me guessing. 9_9

https://steamdb.info/app/393380/depots/

Nice catch! I hope they won't delay it till October just cause... 

Iam leaving at the end of month to another country where I will only have ps4 :( and I really wanna try these tanks before that. 

5 hours ago, Mogwai said:

Nice catch! I hope they won't delay it till October just cause... 

Iam leaving at the end of month to another country where I will only have ps4 :( and I really wanna try these tanks before that. 

It looks like they been updating it every couple hrs now again since yesterday or Tuesday evening. I'm not too sure now when it's going to be released. I was hoping Tuesday, because I was off for three days and that would've been great.

On 8/27/2018 at 11:53 PM, WarEagle751 said:

Everything looks great so far! Will the tank turrets make sounds when moving them up, down, right, and left? I couldn't hear it in the video.

The sound you hear in your clip isn't from the turret moving. Its the tanks transmission shifting gears.

On 9/14/2018 at 9:07 AM, Mogwai said:

In t72 raising cannon would be enough to get in driver's hatch. Also there is an auto loader so you dont have to switch seats to load. But I get your point. One of the solutions I would see to make it middleground between authenticity and playability would be implementing several entry points for vehicles. For example to enter driver seat you have to walk up to front of the tank, look at the hatch and interact with the hatch with F. To enter turret, youd have to climb the tank and press F on hatch there. Now switching seats inside turret would be possible but to go to driver you have to get out first. I dont think this is too hard to do. Same can be done with transport trucks. But in apcs you can just swich seats cause it is technically possible. So 1manning tank (using it as stationary, and moving occasionaly) should be possible but relatively slow and you have to get out first to switch between driver and any turret seat.

Okay so don't quote my exact words because I've never been inside of a T-72. But with there being an auto loader I don't believe that you would be able to swap any seats without getting out of the tank. While you could (with a lot of effort and while reducing effectiveness of the tank to almost nothing) move from station to station within an Abram's turret (gunner,loader,T.C.) it would be almost pointless. I think forcing the crew to be at full strength to gain the full battle capabilities is a good move.  

8 hours ago, DoofWarrior said:

Okay so don't quote my exact words because I've never been inside of a T-72. But with there being an auto loader I don't believe that you would be able to swap any seats without getting out of the tank. While you could (with a lot of effort and while reducing effectiveness of the tank to almost nothing) move from station to station within an Abram's turret (gunner,loader,T.C.) it would be almost pointless. I think forcing the crew to be at full strength to gain the full battle capabilities is a good move.  

Yeah its not possible to switch seats like we do now.But i do think the commander has double commands he can drive and gun the tank.