Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

Yes but it was strange they didn't mention it this time. It probably means there is still work to do on it. 

Just because they didn't show it in the recap, doesn't necessarily mean that it still needs work. Also, they are not going to show the same thing on every single recap unless there has been a change.

Edited by WarEagle751

4 minutes ago, WarEagle751 said:

Just because they didn't show it in the recap, doesn't necessarily mean that it still needs work. Also, they are not going to show the same thing on every single recap unless there has been a change.

Jup.I am sure thy wanted to show us that where asking about the t-72b3 after we saw the abrams when the T would be ready and now its done and when thypit it in thy will put them both at the same time since there is no logic to put one then after some months put the second tank in.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Bahrein said:

Jup.I am sure thy wanted to show us that where asking about the t-72b3 after we saw the abrams when the T would be ready and now its done and when thypit it in thy will put them both at the same time since there is no logic to put one then after some months put the second tank in.

Correct, both tanks will be in V.12 to have some balance again'st each other. The Militia and Insurgents will have Anti Tank weapons and IED's to counter attack the armor assets to keeps things balanced. The British Challenger sadly won't be in until probably V.13.

Edited by WarEagle751

Correct, both tanks will be in V.12 to have some balance again'st each other. The Militia and Insurgents will have Anti Tank weapons and IED's to counter attack the armor assets to keeps things balanced. The British Challenger sadly won't be in until probably V.13.

I do hope in V.13 with the Challenger Militia and Insugents will get an armor of their own like T-55,T-62,T-72 ;-)

Just now, Bahrein said:

I do hope in V.13 with the Challenger Militia and Insugents will get an armor of their own like T-55,T-62,T-72 ;-)

I don't think the Insurgents will get any tanks, but definitely the Militia will get some outdated T-72 of some kind. Maybe they will get even something older. IDK...

3 minutes ago, WarEagle751 said:

I don't think the Insurgents will get any tanks, but definitely the Militia will get some outdated T-72 of some kind. Maybe they will get even something older. IDK...

Never say never ;-) if we cry enough on here i am sure thy will put it in ;-)

I'm still wondering about having the tanks with 3 crewmen instead of 2. Will the driver have something to besides staring out of the narrow slits  in front of him and twiddling his thumbs when the tank is stationary? Driving armored vehicles is already kinda boring, I imagine it will only feel worse when you'll have one more person in the vehicle that's actually doing something interesting while you as a driver are just waiting for a command to move.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Bahrein said:

Never say never ;-) if we cry enough on here i am sure thy will put it in ;-)

Well... the reason why I don't say the Insurgents will not get any tanks is because, realistically Insurgents are an unorganized force and don't really have that kind of technology available to them. As in the Militia, they are a well organised force "almost military standards" and do have the technology available to them to have stuff like tanks and even possibly aircraft. Maybe someone else can elaborate more on this.

1 minute ago, MultiSquid said:

I'm still wondering about having the tanks with 3 crewmen instead of 2. Will the driver have something to besides staring out of the narrow slits  in front of him and twiddling his thumbs when the tank is stationary? Driving armored vehicles is already kinda boring, I imagine it will only feel worse when you'll have one more person in the vehicle that's actually doing something interesting while you as a driver are just waiting for a command to move.

Well you can actually have two people operating the tank and you as the driver can hop in the Commander spot/seat off and on. ;)

Edited by WarEagle751

7 minutes ago, WarEagle751 said:

Well you can actually have two people operating and you as the driver can hop in the Commander spot of and on. ;)

It just seems practical to give the commander's abilities to the driver then, instead of doing the seat-swapping back and forth.

8 minutes ago, MultiSquid said:

That’s something some of us deeply want too. It should happen some day but cant say when atm.

8 minutes ago, WarEagle751 said:

Well... the reason why I don't say the Insurgents will not get any tanks is because, realistically Insurgents are an unorganized force and don't really have that kind of technology available to them. As in the Militia, they are a well organised force "almost military standards" and do have the technology available to them to have stuff like tanks and even possibly aircraft. Maybe someone else can elaborate more on this.

Well you can actually have two people operating the tank and you as the driver can hop in the Commander spot/seat off and on. ;)

I partially disagree. In Afghanistan in the beginning, the warlords often had old pre-t72 tanks actually. I think also in Syria they could have some older stuff occasionally as well. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, MultiSquid said:

It just seems practical to give the commander's abilities to the driver then, instead of doing the seat-swapping back and forth.

It's also nice to have that option though for people who want to play more realistically and you can always still operate with two if you have to.

1 minute ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

I partially disagree. In Afghanistan in the beginning, the warlords often had old pre-t72 tanks actually. I think also in Syria they could have some older stuff occasionally as well. 

I never said they didn't, but that it was rare for them to have them especially now that the US has swept in and almost destroying all of them.

Edited by WarEagle751

It's also nice to have that option though for people who want to play more realistically and you can always still operate with two if you have to.

I never said they didn't, but that it was rare for them to have them especially now that the US has swept in and almost destroying all of them.

True that. But we could imagine another conflict other than the current maybe? 

1 minute ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

True that. But we could imagine another conflict other than the current maybe? 

Perhaps through mods maybe, but I think Squad is concentrating more on the slightly older and current conflicts.

nice work on the fireteams and gui.. hope you have a good holiday..ahem Offsite....

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, MultiSquid said:

I am wondering why dont you look at the realistic side of the vehicle.And as far as i know game is aiming at beeing mre or less realistic if its boring for you to drive a vhiecle you can alaways be a gunner or play BF series where you are one man army. 

And just so you know i was one of the guys that supported the 4 crew idea for the Abrams as it dose not have an autoloader system as the Americans think its better then the autoloader.And we could have seen it in this game hw its not as good as you would need a plyer beeing a loader to reload your cannon.

26 minutes ago, WarEagle751 said:

I am looking at it from the angle it would be cool to have difirent type of tanks for every faction in game and notif insurgents or militia has them in the real world.It would be just cool and the balance would be a little better.

Edited by Bahrein

1 hour ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

Yes but it was strange they didn't mention it this time. It probably means there is still work to do on it. 

In the SquadChats and on the Discord the devs have said that the Abrams was the first completed tank with the T-72 waiting for it to be completed. There's definitely polish to be done but with the gameplay of the T-72 being shown the Abrams is probably about ready.

25 minutes ago, Bahrein said:

I am wondering why dont you look at the realistic side of the vehicle.And as far as i know game is aiming at beeing mre or less realistic if its boring for you to drive a vhiecle you can alaways be a gunner or play BF series where you are one man army.  

Spoken like a guy who always gets to be a gunner ;)

Realism is pretty much just a flavour in Squad, you can't really wave it around as if it's an argument on its own. It's been mentioned many times over the years by the developers that Squad is supposed to somewhere between the milsim and arcade shooters. What does that say about Squad, considering even all of the games we consider military simulators are still very unrealistic? Squad is akin to a movie that says "Inspired by real-life events." at the beginning - most people don't make the mistake of taking those movies for factual accounts of real-life events either.

2 minutes ago, MultiSquid said:

Spoken like a guy who always jumps to the gunner position ;)

Realism is pretty much just a flavour in Squad, you can't really wave it around as if it's an argument on its own. It's been mentioned many times over the years by the developers that Squad is supposed to somewhere between the milsim and arcade shooters. What does that say about Squad, considering even all of the games we consider military simulators are still very unrealistic? Squad is akin to a movie that says "Inspired by real-life events." at the beginning, nobody takes those movies for factual accounts either.

And thats where you are wrong my Slovakian brother huge amount of times i was the driver as in the army i was a driver as well and driving a loggy truck or BTR,NTLB,Stryker,MRAP,BRDM or any other thy of a vehicle is more comftible to me then gunning i was a gunner as well but i was more a driver then a gunner.

I know what the developers are aiming for and i thing its hard to sit on both chairs at the same time.

I hope the driver has a periscope so that when you're in cover 1km away from targets acting in a fire support role the driver isn't bored shitless waiting for the gunner to tell them to move. A periscope lets the driver and gunner coordinate together and communicate which sounds like what Squad is all about to me.

1 hour ago, Stom said:

I hope the driver has a periscope so that when you're in cover 1km away from targets acting in a fire support role the driver isn't bored shitless waiting for the gunner to tell them to move. A periscope lets the driver and gunner coordinate together and communicate which sounds like what Squad is all about to me.

If not we are gonna see a lot of 2-guys Tanks

Map icon updates look good.

I see you can delete them easily but please can you also allow us to drag them?

eg for re positioning markers it will be much easier to move one which already exists on the map than to delete the old one and place a new one.

Particularly useful when marking vehicles which have moved.

54 minutes ago, suds said:

Map icon updates look good.

I see you can delete them easily but please can you also allow us to drag them?

eg for re positioning markers it will be much easier to move one which already exists on the map than to delete the old one and place a new one.

Particularly useful when marking vehicles which have moved.

This is a really good idea.