brofist4u

8GB of Vram but gets out of memory issues on very low settings

Posted (edited)

Hi Specs Gtx 1070ti   i5 8400  16GB DDR4 2400mhz C15 memory  playing at 1440p

i' ve been playing this game at some decent settings and i would always get a Out of memory error randomly

so what i did was lower all the settings and turned off everything and turned on pre load textures and i checked the Vram usage on the training map and it was at a crazy 7.6GB

is this normal? or does squad just not like 1440p?

Edited by brofist4u

On 8/25/2018 at 3:11 PM, brofist4u said:

Hi Specs Gtx 1070ti   i5 8400  16GB DDR4 2400mhz C15 memory  playing at 1440p

i' ve been playing this game at some decent settings and i would always get a Out of memory error randomly

so what i did was lower all the settings and turned off everything and turned on pre load textures and i checked the Vram usage on the training map and it was at a crazy 7.6GB

is this normal? or does squad just not like 1440p?

3440x1440 here and with texture pre loading ON, my memory can fill up to 11GB on some maps! Plays absolutely fine in 3440x1440 (21:9 Ultrawide) for me though.

I have 16GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum  memory and I crash quite often with the error message telling me I'm out of memory. Doesn't make sense. 

I've NEVER had a game tell me I'm out of memory. EVER. This game crashes me at least once a day with the out of memory message.

I've lowered my setting and still getting the message. Very frustrating. 

11 hours ago, Psyrus said:

If you're getting out of memory exceptions, make sure your page file is properly set up 

I'm more of a hardware guy than a software guy. I found a youtube video on how to change the size of my Paging file. I assume that's what you mean. 

Question: What size is recommended? The guy in the video changes his from 1179KB to 2000KB. 

8 minutes ago, Lipton (Easy) said:

I'm more of a hardware guy than a software guy. I found a youtube video on how to change the size of my Paging file. I assume that's what you mean. 

Question: What size is recommended? The guy in the video changes his from 1179KB to 2000KB. 

System managed should be totally fine as far as I have heard, but a good rule of thumb is as much paging file space as you have ram. So basically doubling your ram... 

On 11/10/2018 at 11:27 AM, Psyrus said:

System managed should be totally fine as far as I have heard, but a good rule of thumb is as much paging file space as you have ram. So basically doubling your ram... 

Seems to be working. I didn't double it. That would have meant 32Gb. But, I increased my paging file from 4Gb to 10Gb and it seems to have done the trick. I haven't had a single crash since. Thanks for the great advice Psyrus. 

8 hours ago, Lipton (Easy) said:

Seems to be working. I didn't double it. That would have meant 32Gb. But, I increased my paging file from 4Gb to 10Gb and it seems to have done the trick. I haven't had a single crash since. Thanks for the great advice Psyrus. 

Glad to hear it worked out! One clarification is that I meant you set the page file to the same amount as your ram... So in your case 16 gb. 

Page file is used to emulate ram basically (there's a much deeper explanation which I won't go into on my phone)  and that's why with 16gb ram and 16 gb  page file I referred to as  "doubling your ram"