Posted (edited)

I like this game, but price is too high. This is not game for everyone, this game is only for some players (have not got big playerbase), you need lower price (I think 25€/30€) and more free weekends (every month). More free weekends = more players and more players = more money (better game).

Edited by Seky

lol pls no. Think about what youre saying there!

people who are interested in games like squad will buy it even for 30 bucks. Nobody wants kids and lonely wolfes running around on free weekends like it was happening before.

16 minutes ago, Seky said:

More free weekends = more players and more players = more money (better game).

More free weekends = more players without mics, kids, lonely wolfes, CoD-Style = more annoying and boring (bad game) = less experienced people playing (me inc)

It's cheap for me, and been worth every penny. £70 for nearly 3k hrs. No dlc cost, no money transactions, no loot boxes. Squad is one of the last games where you get everything for the purchase price. Doesn't happen much now.

Posted (edited)

People who are interested in games like this do not buy it, because this is same as DayZ (Early Access for years and no progress). If Devs need testers make Open Alpha and no like this, only taking money as every game in Early Access.

29 minutes ago, Smee said:

£70 for nearly 3k hrs

My friend buy this game and has only 7 hours, because it is not playable on GTX 1080 Ti and i7 on stable 60 FPS (Ultra). And that is really bad for game old 3 years.

Edited by Seky

30 minutes ago, Seky said:

People who are interested in games like this do not buy it, because this is same as DayZ (Early Access for years and no progress). If Devs need testers make Open Alpha and no like this, only taking money as every game in Early Access.

My friend buy this game and has only 7 hours, because it is not playable on GTX 1080 Ti and i7 on stable 60 FPS (Ultra). And that is really bad for game old 3 years.

You clearly did not follow the development of this game, every aspect is completely changed since this game started back in 2014/2015. I think the price is totally fine, you can always wait with your purchase until the game is finished or until it is on sale again. (Which is also a totally normal development time for games nowadays)

The performance is OK at the moment and with that hardware totally enjoyable but will get better in the future because of more optimization. Please dont buy an Early Access game if you do not know what early access is and think you will get a finished product.

1 hour ago, Seky said:

1080Ti, 7700K. I don't go below 90 FPS, ever. And that's in 3440x1440.

Your friends PC has problems, that's not Squads fault.

23 minutes ago, koschilein said:

You clearly did not follow the development of this game, every aspect is completely changed since this game started back in 2014/2015. I think the price is totally fine, you can always wait with your purchase until the game is finished or until it is on sale again. (Which is also a totally normal development time for games nowadays)

The performance is OK at the moment and with that hardware totally enjoyable but will get better in the future because of more optimization. Please dont buy an Early Access game if you do not know what early access is and think you will get a finished product.

I know what is early access, but early access is for months no years. I think this game have a lot of content and is still in Alpha, what will do from this game finished game? I definitely buy this game, but that will not be from Steam or your (official) site.

19 minutes ago, Seky said:

I know what is early access, but early access is for months no years. I think this game have a lot of content and is still in Alpha, what will do from this game finished game? I definitely buy this game, but that will not be from Steam or your (official) site.

You say you know what EA is but then you negate that statement in the same sentence "but early acess is for months no years" EA is for game developers to test their project and sell it in an unfinished state(so they can finish it with the money they make and maybe even go above their original vision).

It can be a small project and leave EA after weeks/months but it can also be a project that takes a few years. EA can be pre alpha build but also nearly finished beta builds. You really should read a bit more into what EA/alpha/beta is and I mean real alpha/beta. A battlefield V can say "multiplayer alpha" a few months before release but that is just not a true alpha, its just marketing a multiplayer beta/demo.

Of course you can buy Squad at any site that is selling it, you dont have to buy it on Steam.

EDT: Also I am not employed by OWI, I am just a moderator in this forum and these are my personal views.

19 minutes ago, Seky said:

This is a valid point and just as a disclaimer, I have no issue with where the development stage is (knowing what I bought into). However (EA aside), I believe the larger "current" challenge is seeing other UE4 developers come in well after (with small teams as well), and delivering a comparable quality in a shorter period. In some cases, delivering on game mechanics that you would expect Squad to have implemented at this point. 

As time goes on, the lack of delivery on some items and design concepts becomes a threat (people lose interest/patience). Again, I believe Squad is a great game with a ton of potential. Development hiccups (expected at any studio), coupled with access over an extended period of time becomes the threat of "perceived failure". 

21 minutes ago, PROTOCOL said:

This is a valid point and just as a disclaimer, I have no issue with where the development stage is (knowing what I bought into). However (EA aside), I believe the larger "current" challenge is seeing other UE4 developers come in well after (with small teams as well), and delivering a comparable quality in a shorter period. In some cases, delivering on game mechanics that you would expect Squad to have implemented at this point.

I'm confident that squad's in a good position with a very very solid base here. while it's true that the newest version of UE4 comes with huge benefits in regards to networking, lots of game mechanics are custom logic that don't come with UE4, so you'd still need a proper amount of programmers achieving a similar feature set if you wanna beat squad in time (there's only so much x amount of programmers can do in y amount of time - and that applies for every role). and then you still have all the art assets and maps that you simply can't buy if you wanna reach a certain consistent fidelity - so you need time to create those too. not even talking about game design and qa processes here. so to even get to that base takes a lot of effort - still.

I think you'll find that Squad even at its current state offers years of fun (frustration (...gameplay)), and the developement isn't even close to an end. You get your money's worth several times over, compared to most other FPS games which tend to last maybe until the first DLC drops.

Also let's not forget lowering the price usually also leads to increased number of hackers, nobody wants that, right?

15 minutes ago, Seky said:

That is true, but hackers are in all games (5€ or 60€).

Yes, but for a hacker there's a marked difference between buying multiple copies of a 5€ game and a 60€ game. If you were a developer and accepted the fact that there always are and will be hackers, would you have them pay less or more for your game?

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, MultiSquid said:

If you were a developer and accepted the fact that there always are and will be hackers, would you have them pay less or more for your game?

I do not know, because I can sold more 5€ copies for hackers and make money, but I can sell less 60€ for players (And players will be happy - less hackers). Good question.

Edited by MultiSquid

FOR INFO:

This topic was created because I want play this game, but I do not know, if my PC can run it (I can play PUBG, DayZ, Arma 3) and spend 30€ (on internet; I can not refund it) for game which I can not play is bad. Someone can write 30€ is nothing, but I am from Slovakia (we have not got millions) and I do not know when will be next Free Weekend, but I think another Free Weekend will not be, because players are not satisfied with testing players.

5 hours ago, Smee said:

It's cheap for me, and been worth every penny. £70 for nearly 3k hrs. No dlc cost, no money transactions, no loot boxes. Squad is one of the last games where you get everything for the purchase price. Doesn't happen much now.

Holy crap, that's like 8 times the price I paid (it was on sale, 50% off).

Thank you steam, for making games way cheaper where I live!

39 minutes ago, Seky said:

FOR INFO:

This topic was created because I want play this game, but I do not know, if my PC can run it (I can play PUBG, DayZ, Arma 3) and spend 30€ (on internet; I can not refund it) for game which I can not play is bad. Someone can write 30€ is nothing, but I am from Slovakia (we have not got millions) and I do not know when will be next Free Weekend, but I think another Free Weekend will not be, because players are not satisfied with testing players.

Buy it on Steam, see if it runs, if not, refund it. Free weekends are cancer. 

https://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

So far, I've paid $.03 per hour for Squad. 

6 hours ago, sgt_froug said:

I'm confident that squad's in a good position with a very very solid base here. while it's true that the newest version of UE4 comes with huge benefits in regards to networking, lots of game mechanics are custom logic that don't come with UE4, so you'd still need a proper amount of programmers achieving a similar feature set if you wanna beat squad in time (there's only so much x amount of programmers can do in y amount of time - and that applies for every role). and then you still have all the art assets and maps that you simply can't buy if you wanna reach a certain consistent fidelity - so you need time to create those too. not even talking about game design and qa processes here. so to even get to that base takes a lot of effort - still.

All true, however, when these teams are similar in size and result are very different on the time curve... there's a natural curiosity as to why. I'm very familiar with system programming, install, unit testing, control testing, regressing testing (QA) etc... In an environment where if you get it wrong someone dies.

That aside, with game programming on the same engine with comparatively equal team size, people may assume the only obvious outliers could be attributed to planning, talent resource, execution, and scope creep. Absent a public timeline, it's hard to tell if any of it is due to scope creep. 

3 hours ago, Vegetal said:

Holy crap, that's like 8 times the price I paid (it was on sale, 50% off).

Thank you steam, for making games way cheaper where I live!

when they work the skins are worth it, and always try and support games that could be for me. :)

#

9 hours ago, Seky said:

Are you trolling, you're a bad boy :ph34r::P

8 hours ago, Shaldag said:

Are you trolling, you're a bad boy :ph34r::P

Why? That is not illegal (Yes, someone can say these keys are stolen and what? I paid for my key), I am only saving my money (I bought PUBG for 14€ [16€ saved]), but my favourite site have not got this game.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Seky said:

I like this game, but price is too high. This is not game for everyone, this game is only for some players (have not got big playerbase), you need lower price (I think 25€/30€) and more free weekends (every month). More free weekends = more players and more players = more money (better game).

This is soo not true the game is not to expensive.You have a lot more a lot wors games then Squad that are even 60$.

I wrote many times free weekends are not good for the game and players that will stay after free weekend and keep playing it.

I do know it sounds to much for you my Slovakian brother i am Serbian it was to much for me when i first saw it on steam then i did some you tubing watched some streams of it and so on and then magic happened one day i got a email that one of your whishlist games is on discount and it was squad that was i am not sure either 75% off or 50% off and then i instantly bouth it.

And since then i have more then 1,200 hours.There for in my case the game has payed off.

Edited by Bahrein

Posted (edited)

The largest discount on squad has been 50%. I played it during free weekend, bought it sunday night @ 18.49 euro.

Easily on of the best price/game ratio's ever.

Edited by oTec

Hey I like that $200 mio yacht that sits in the harbour, its really only for specific group of people but if they lowered the price to one where I could afford it then I might buy it..and give some free weekends to peeps to see what its like...