Sign in to follow this  
MilosV

Why doesn't Squad have this? [GORE]

It's the same engine, and i believe Squad would be a way more fun game with a feature like this. Small things matter a lot, at least in my opinon.

It has been one of the most discussed topics over the years, and there has been many threads.

Here's the main reason, and the main thread of discussion.

On 10/18/2014 at 5:24 AM, Z-trooper said:

If you want to be immersed you should probably listen to how the real life medic (Melbodescribes things, there isn't all the blood that Hollywood leads you to believe.

He has described some detailed first hand experiences with wounded soldiers. I can't think of a more qualified person to go by when it comes to accuracy on this.

Additionally gore is quite graphic and would limit where and to who we could sell the product legally.

We already have some test gore effects implemented, and I did not feel good after emptying a mag into a dummy soldier. It was neither glorious, cool or "awesome", it was a bit sobering especially when the models look like humans.

I used to be for some amount of gore, but I think that I am now firmly against - or very minimally for gore, for both personal and professional reasons.

/Thread locked