Posted (edited)

Hi everyone,

I am sure you're happy to see the new graphic cards of Nvidia. With RTX we'll say goodbye to fake lights in games.

So, when will we be seeing the new Nvidia RTX technology in Squad?

I am looking forward to see some answer from developers.

Thanks!

Edited by carimter

Squads UE version was frozen @ something like 4.16 by the devs , also Performance is still a topic in Squad , i doubt they will ever add it.

I don't think this (new) generation of RTX cards will run Squad very well using RT so I would have to say it won't be used anytime soon.

Didn't you find it strange Nvidia never gave out any gaming benchmarks? Lets see what they're like once in the hands of the tester. I bet they're not much more than 20-25% faster in games than the current 1000 series cards and that's without flipping over to RT.

looking at numbers, new RTX looks like a big leap forward... but best to wait for benchmarks to see if it's true. I doubt we will see RT technology in Squad anytime soon but who knows... 

Heh, saw this floating around the interwebs.

x145Ixn.png?width=964&height=684

Rumor is, the UE4 support for it is rough, but there, but who knows when it'll be widespread enough in gamers to make the jump. Even the Tomb Raider demo using it was pretty limited in scope and polished for certain parts, according to the creators. As for Squad, probably not something you're going to see there for a while. As someone succinctly put it, "we need more FPS right now, not less." =)

That said, were price not a factor? GIMME

RTX also has AI cores couldn't that be used for civilians, animals birds etc ?

39 minutes ago, Smee said:

RTX also has AI cores couldn't that be used for civilians, animals birds etc ?

Nope, those things would have to be controlled by the server to maintain consistency between clients. The clients simply display what the server tells them to 

Nvidia's benchmark's, but lets see which result we get from independent reviews.

I would like the performance boost with dlss to be honest and the whole ray tracing looks like a neat feature.

Only time will tell more about that.

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9R

Source: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-rtx-2080-gaming-benchmarks-rasterized,37679.html

Side note: I really need a upgrade because my 970 ist all the time @ 98-100% capacity while playing squad.

On 22.8.2018 at 6:13 PM, Gatzby said:

As for Squad, probably not something you're going to see there for a while. As someone succinctly put it, "we need more FPS right now, not less." =)

That said, were price not a factor? GIMME

That would be a nobrainer, If we get better performance + better looking game in one package.

I would buy it even at this price if thats the case.

On 8/23/2018 at 6:53 PM, Phoenixstorm said:

Nvidia's benchmark's, but lets see which result we get from independent reviews.

I would like the performance boost with dlss to be honest and the whole ray tracing looks like a neat feature.

Only time will tell more about that.

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9R

Source: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-rtx-2080-gaming-benchmarks-rasterized,37679.html

Side note: I really need a upgrade because my 970 ist all the time @ 98-100% capacity while playing squad.

GPU's should run at 99-100% when in use, that shows they are being used properly and the game is well optimized. The only time a GPU will show less usage is when a game is poorly optimized. My 1080ti runs at 90-100% (depending on map) in Squad and that's how it should be. Source (one of many): http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2461774/gpu-usage-100-playing.html

RTX, a great technology yes, but for now I would rather have seen a non RTX 2080ti (at a reduced price) as well, personally I would benefit more from a 20-30% increase in power so I can up the res scaling in Squad rather than pay for RTX technology that will only work well on some games and more than likely come with a significant FPS hit to achieve it. I can imagine I'll be paying £1400 (GBP) for an EVGA Hybrid 2080ti RTX and end up switching RTX off in order to maintain Epic graphics settings and 100fps (my monitors refresh rate).

Obviously it is yet to be seen how it performs but if there was going to be zero FPS reductions with RTX on then I'm sure Nvidia would have made a massive song and dance about that fact.