Hey!

Thanks for the updates on the june recap. A lot of good stuff there.

The empowerment of anyone to revive was less to my liking though, SLs already have to command people to switch to medic, this will make the medic role less useful. I find it likely that squads will make due with a single medic.

A suggestion would be to scrap this, and in stead empower riflemen to rescue fallen teammates by pulling them to safety, where a medic could take care of them. In stead of creating conflict between roles, this would increase the level of cooperation and teamplay - which is what the game is all about. It would fit in nicely with your overhaul of the suppressive fire system too, given that a combat rescue very well might require a level of covering fire.

Thanks for all the good stuff this far!

-Sitting Duck

Why is it a problem to have one medic per squad? One of my biggest problems with the game at the moment it that squad compositions are fairly stagnant. This has been slowly improved over time with the additions of kits and the new vehicle damage mechanics but having two medics is a necessity 99% of the time.

Taking the importance of medics down so that squads can operate effectively with one will free up a slot to be used for something else and that's huge with nine man squads.

Also, dragging is coming eventually but it's probably post full-release at this point.

I dont see this happening. Helping people up will use one of your 2 bandages, that you also need if you get hit. So I dont think people are ready to use these unless they have to. Also reviving people will take a lot longer for other players compared to medics.

I really dont get why people dont want to play medic currently. You often have the same rifle as normal riflemen, you have a grenade, you almost never run out of bandages and you can heal yourself. Ok sometimes you have to heal teammates but you are still a rifleman first. New patch will even allow you to be more aggresive. Now even if you go down someone else can get you up.

I really dont get why everyone thinks medics are not needed after patch. Players revived by a non medic will have no stamina, no health and a very dark screen (medicbag rub to remove). Non medics only have 2 bandages that are both used to stop bleeding and revive. So after 2 revives you bleed to death if you climb a too high wall.

Edited by Romby

and I just thought more about your suggestions. I actually think it would make it even more boring to be medic. Your job would be to sit in a safe area and wait for riflemen to carry the people you need to heal to you. You need to stay safe, because if you go down noone can get downed players back up.

New system allows medics to take part in fighting, since someone else can get them up.