Sign in to follow this  
XRobinson

WW2 eastern front

Just watched this very cool animation how the eastern front changed during 1941 when Germany invaded Russia and went for the oil and gas and resources.  Thought I would share and even this maybe a good mod for the game if there is anyone wanting to mod another ww2 game of the eastern front.

Posted (edited)

Doing some more research on who was last gaming companies to do the Eastern Front. 

This looks a lot like a modded bf 1942 in my opinion.  Is this the last game to do the Eastern Front?  Any help out there appreciated in my research. 

Looks like Red Orchestra 2 from 2011 is the last game to do eastern front.

Looks intersting...

Edited by XRobinson
new info

red orchestra 2 has been out for a hot minute, man.

it's also a seriously solid game. would definitely recommend. 

RO2 They got bullet drop, and I saw buildings on fire, does that mean soldiers could catch on fire too?  They got no cross hair sights, must use aim down sights on guns.  Large maps where you might not see enemy for a long while.  At least that is what the video says.  I want to know how many maps they got and what is extent of their destruction physics. 

i cant recall if soldiers can catch on fire from environmental flames.

they have a very good amount of base maps and there are user made maps out there as well. destruction is pretty limited. its an infantry focused game, not a lot of desruction. i wouldnt let that deter you. its a fantastic game. very, very challenging at times. you really have to pay attention to how and where you move. 1 shot from almost any weapon in game will take you down.

On 8/23/2018 at 1:34 PM, XRobinson said:

RO2 They got bullet drop, and I saw buildings on fire, does that mean soldiers could catch on fire too?  They got no cross hair sights, must use aim down sights on guns.  Large maps where you might not see enemy for a long while.  At least that is what the video says.  I want to know how many maps they got and what is extent of their destruction physics. 

ADS with adjustable sights, and backup sights on sniper rifles. Reasonable damage models on armor, although AT rifles are way overpowered, I spent a lot of time ruining many a tankers day with them. You can't catch on fire from environmental flames, but molotovs will cook you, as well as kill tanks if you get them on the engines. It's a great game in many ways, and worth spending a few bucks on, it has its issues ofc, one of them being that custom maps and modding could never catch on which limits its life. Smaller maps than Squad, which sort of goes without saying, maybe Sumari size at the biggest.  

I had a zillion hours in RO2, less in RS, just couldn't get into it. 

Yeah I will prob pick up the game on steam on pay day try it out.  I was doing some more research on the eastern front and found out the Soviets used suicide tank dogs, I did not know that.  Forget your anti tank bazooka, use a dog?

Russian+Dogs+vs.+Panzers+001.jpg

de939c574af30b870c02a47caa2f92a1.jpg

anti-tank-dog-outfit.jpg

welp, one more reason to always play as Wehrmacht against the Soviets in these games.

Was thinking if ever anyone actually put dogs in a game as suicide bombers to take out tanks that the animal activist would try to have the game shut down because it depicts in their minds cruelty, which can be argued, but Navy has dolphins do the same thing to subs too.  Not easy to figure how it might turn out.

Check this out..

Edited by XRobinson
dolphins used in military