CptDirty

Farm 51 - World War 3

Ahhh World War 3. I've been looking for something like this so long. Gameplay was sub par. Everything was sub par. Except the customization, which I don't understand why it exists though, it serves no purpose. When the game comes along more there will be one combination for every weapon that will give you the most damage thus making the customization worthless.

The kill streaks don't make any sense, it would be nice if they had teamwork based "kill streaks" to call down that kind of stuff, or objectives you have to take or destroy to allow certain things to happen that could be randomized on the map to allow a bunch of fluid combat. 

I was so disappointed. It doesn't really look like the game will get much better, it acts and feels like a free to play shooter, that doesn't seem like it has much room to change from that other than for the devs to completely revamp it. 

On 10/27/2018 at 10:14 PM, Pmikey said:

Ahhh World War 3. I've been looking for something like this so long. Gameplay was sub par. Everything was sub par. Except the customization, which I don't understand why it exists though, it serves no purpose. When the game comes along more there will be one combination for every weapon that will give you the most damage thus making the customization worthless.

The kill streaks don't make any sense, it would be nice if they had teamwork based "kill streaks" to call down that kind of stuff, or objectives you have to take or destroy to allow certain things to happen that could be randomized on the map to allow a bunch of fluid combat. 

I was so disappointed. It doesn't really look like the game will get much better, it acts and feels like a free to play shooter, that doesn't seem like it has much room to change from that other than for the devs to completely revamp it. 

Wow you took the word right from my mouth. I bought world war 3 with squad during the steam sale and I immediately regretted world war 3. The devs spent all their resources on pimping out the guns and almost nothing on opitmzation, fixing bugs and gameplay. I got bored after an hour. The devs need all the support they can get so I'm not going to ask for a refund. But I hope they can fix the game soon. Or else it will be just another early access failure like so many early access games. *cough* dayz *cough*

For anyone who didn't refund, the PTE update dropped this morning (EST) and it actually feels more stable, improved hit-reg over 0.3 and this update includes the server browser option... so no more relying only on broken matchmaking.

I've been enjoying it today. Still an early alpha WIP in terms of bugs and features... but it's an improvement over the main branch.