Jump to content
CptDirty

Farm 51 - World War 3

Recommended Posts

Saw this on youtube the other day....interesting they sort of had my layout plan for a city map with a hole that dropped into the underground rail tunnels... cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am personally really excited for the game , it looks like an improved version of BF4 that i really liked . 

I've heard that friendly fire will be enabled as default , so no granade/choke spam ( thank god ! ) . 

I just hope that this game wouldn't have other aracdy bullshit like 3D spotting or minimap . 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, L0cation said:

am personally really excited for the game , it looks like an improved version of BF4 that i really liked .

Yeah, this is where I'm at with it too. BF4 was a solid game, but it never really felt like it had the "oomph" of 2 or 3. Taking that base and doing a little more? I'm down for checking that out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Yeah, this is where I'm at with it too. BF4 was a solid game, but it never really felt like it had the "oomph" of 2 or 3. Taking that base and doing a little more? I'm down for checking that out.

Tbh at least BF4 was not cod-like fast paced like BF3 was, the pacing was done better overall imo.

I really hope WW3 will be an actual tactical shooter, rather than a BF copy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like BF3 with free look.

Not sure why everyone is so hyped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it will have rail guns and laser guns and satellite weapons?  Hypersonic missiles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Fosty said:

Looks like BF3 with free look.

Not sure why everyone is so hyped.

From an indie developer an early Alpha that looks this good? It's almost up-to-par with what BF4 was after launch....and it isn't even finished yet....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CptDirty said:

From an indie developer an early Alpha that looks this good? It's almost up-to-par with what BF4 was after launch....and it isn't even finished yet..

+1 And running on a modified version of UE4... *cough*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CptDirty said:

and it isn't even finished yet....

Well hopefully they have more to show when it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pretty tired of UE4 as a selling point tbh. optimization is a big deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LugNut said:

Everything I dislike about FPS wrapped up into one! lol

You're not exactly clear as of what the stuff is that you dislike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No ballistics, bullets fly out of the crosshairs, hit makers, unrealistic movement speeds, no communications, individuals are rewarded for playing as individuals, personal airstrikes, single manning armor, small, confined mindless maps, endless floating debris falling from the sky, not much point to it at all. I get bored even watching these kinds of games after a few minutes, they aren't unique in any significant way. 

 

Not that it matters, people like these sort of shooters, have at it, it doesn't bother me. I was slightly more optimistic about it, expecting maybe something like Escape from tarkov. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LugNut said:

No ballistics, bullets fly out of the crosshairs, hit makers, unrealistic movement speeds, no communications, individuals are rewarded for playing as individuals, personal airstrikes, single manning armor, small, confined mindless maps, endless floating debris falling from the sky, not much point to it at all. I get bored even watching these kinds of games after a few minutes, they aren't unique in any significant way. 

 

Not that it matters, people like these sort of shooters, have at it, it doesn't bother me. I was slightly more optimistic about it, expecting maybe something like Escape from tarkov. 

I get what you're saying.

 

Myself I go through this weird cycle where I would pick up a "realistic" game, play the shit out of it then go back to play something "arcade-ish". When I'm done beating the shit out of the arcade title, I go back to another realistic game....

 

BF -> ARMA -> BF -> ARMA -> SQUAD -> and soon in a theatre near you for 28$ -> WW3....

 

Besides I'd like a populated new FPS game that doesn't require a microphone since I barely only get to play at night when everyone else is asleep...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope not interested i still think squad is way better game and has better potential.

This just another bf game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/8/2018 at 11:34 AM, IRONXBAY said:

pretty tired of UE4 as a selling point tbh. optimization is a big deal.

How dare you ?

On the left side of the minimap you can see the outstanding performance... I mean, quite normal performance... with 32 or less player... maybe a 30hz server tickrate... ok performance are shit as normal.

At least the grapich end effects seems pretty good, for comparison, Insurgency: Sandstorm (UE4) run same or worst than WW3 and the grapich is quite the same with Insurgency (source engine)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CptDirty said:

what a terrible launch!

 

C'mon man.  You gotta admit it's a nice looking Wallpaper Engine, even comes with audio! I think it's a bit resource heavy for wallpaper though, hopefully there will be some optimization in the future.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game needs optimising though. On at gtx1080 you only get 200-300 fps with the wallpaper engine. In Squad it used to be in the 1000s on my 1080ti in the load screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×