Font

What would you like to see in Squad

Big maps. 

A game like Squad should only have large maps. For me the "smallest" should be Yelo, Gorodok and Kohat, up to maps 5x5 - 6x6 - 8x8.
Only in this way is the essence of Squad, with the correct use of transport vehicles, no meta grinder, huge reduction of the "lone wolfing", greater cohesion of the squads, ect ect. (How many balancing problems would naturally solve with big maps ...)

Yet most people (I'm sure) prefer Sumari, Op First and many other medium-small maps to have immediate action. I read people asking to "shorten" the cap zones between them in large maps ... totally absurd ... all people who want to spawn, run for 30 meters and start shooting and repeat.

Agreed that bigger maps are only going to be a good thing, but I disagree that they should be the only thing. Why would that benefit anyone, to limit the range of environments and playstyles? I understand the concerns about it becoming more akin to other games on the market, but actually, that's a community issue and I personally believe that the settled players, medium term, will still play smaller maps in a way that is at least vagely trueto the Squad concept. This has gone awry of late but I still think it will resolve. There should be no problem at all with including smaller maps or large maps with more cqb-possible caps, no matter anyone's personal preference. Game design and community should be able to ensure that these are still engaging and require squad play for real success.

I understand what you say.
The problem now is that there is an unbalance between small-medium and large. In Squad it is not possible to have only 3 big maps out of 14 ... it should be the opposite.

I hope that the Devs from now on (with the addition of helo and tank) will make bigger and bigger maps come out.

I think - and I may be wrong - this was a deliberate choice to focus on maps that could be engaged with early on in the game's development, when there were no vehicles at all and it was important to have viable gameplay all the same. I believe there will be plenty more maps coming our way over time, particularly now we are fairly close to having a full range of vehicles - and maybe not that far from having some transport helos too. The new desert airstrip one can't be too far away, for one. Don't worry!

more focus on a carrot/stick reward system to remove the huge impact certain players have on a game with selfish use of assets / ticket loss.

Fair question. I guess, again, that it isn't a huge priority until there are other transport solutions [helos] and some of the other bigger issues are looked at - as well as improvements in other ways since that test was done. Probably simply been more important to get all the other work that has been done since last April done, and of course upped player counts, performance, AA solutions etc are all things that could be useful before huge maps.

1. People are giving long wishlists, please try to think about how much you are asking for. It can be HUGE amount of work.

2. All I am asking for is the logistics changes to go forward and give it a shot with the understanding that if it sucks we revert the changes. Also helicopters ( which is a big ask i know).

3. I had no idea there was even a 36km2 map considered. This should be done if workable as it does open up helicopters and naturally emerges better teamplay.

Except V12 stuff

• drop supply creates physickally from logi (and posibility to pick it up) with possibilities in radius of supply creates build FOB. 
  • dropable ammo boxes from vehicle. Physickally (PR) so vehicles dont have to be at place but at stategic position thay just empty their supplies and inf can operate from there. 
  • update maps to more believable way. Withouth consideration for map balance (give players some challanges) but for create true believable areas (but i believe that devs are working on it step by step with each update) 
  • little bit more complex wound/medical system. Some kind of wound trauma or stuff like that. I really like idea in EFT with painkillers. With new presented medical system and that after revive medic must finish healing. Except bandage each player could have one pack of morphine/adrenalin/painkillers whatever and with that it will give him temporarly stamina refill (time limited replenishment or one-time addition without replenishment but reduced drain during action).
  • repack magazines. When player have time (which is very often) after survived firefight it would be great to have possibilities to compress 4 half full magazines to 2 fully loaded magazines.
  • possibility to change 1-2 magazines (0,5Kg full loaded) for 1-2 grenades (0,6Kg) (But i believe that those kind of kit modification devs have on list)
  • some terrain could have effect to players speed. (for example in watter players should not be able to sprint when watter is along the strip and so on) or mud or bushes (PS)  

*Gore! depending on the caliber

from small gunshot wounds to half of the head missing and even limbs being ripped of,

blood splatters on the wall from exit wounds

also more reaction to getting shot such as falling down when running

*Destructable environment

*wheater

*more diverse and better looking vegetation

*Firing from a vehicle

*animals (offcource equipped with damage model)

*woman

1. Destructible environments, fences that a tank CAN run over and etc at the very least.

2. Optimization.

3. Air assets.

As for the Medic only revive debate, I am a CF Med Tech. As most modern armies do, we use TCCC guidelines and give the basic TCCC provider course to at least one person per squad for the platoon level. I would rely on these people to be my hands and conduct life saving interventions.

It is realistic for a few members engaged in front line combat to have these skills, the rest would have combat first aid only. Perhaps this addition can be limited to only one or two other riflemen in a squad or perhaps having a team cap amount.

On reflection I would like more of an impact on the player when shot. Maybe a core shot knocking over at times - certainly all wounds mean an active flinch where shooting is hugely impacted and movement to a lesser or greater extent. Huge implications and positive for gameplay.

33 minutes ago, TheRed said:

On reflection I would like more of an impact on the player when shot. Maybe a core shot knocking over at times - certainly all wounds mean an active flinch where shooting is hugely impacted and movement to a lesser or greater extent. Huge implications and positive for gameplay.

I agree with you on this one.

I mean its just stupid you shooting and hitting a guy while he turns and shoots you in the face.

- humvees
- 50 cal and DShK-a gunners ability to duck down/crouch to cover
- ability for gunners to fire with their M4s or AK's from the turret position if they wish

- realistic maps
- insurgency game mode from PR (and then some)
- squad leader role quality of life improvements to UI
- removal of rally point and do something similiar to beacon on squad leader where squadmates spawn
- ability to place long razorwire that actually STOP people, and if they pass severely wounds them
- more deployable defensive build options
- driving is boring, fix that. See how insurgency sandstorm handles technicals for example.
- realistic towns on all maps and not randomly placed buildings in labyrinths - again see how insurgency sandstorm builds towns.
- remove background mountains (like on Chora, the most awful map of them all, from design to distance render problems) to get more performance and stability which further enables creation of realistic towns

- bullet ballistics

- ability to drag wounded teammates
- fix BAD sounds of weapons being fired from 1st person view, it sounds really weak like you are hitting a plastic bottle with a stick (far third person or distant sounds of gunfight is good). We want strong and cool sound when firing our weapons.
- make weapons look better (see insurgency, project reality, escape from tarkov etc. all of these got better looking weapons)
- remove those dark unrealistic and bad looking lightnings from maps, 1st it looks bad and 2nd you can't see well.

- make transport truck passangers able to shoot from their seating positions

- ability to repack mags
- ability to quick reload (droping the mag on the floor)

- dynamic weather (wind, rain, fog etc.)

- remove the ability to move on very steep hills (it looks and feels ridiculous and gameplay suffers from that, for example in similiar fashion see how PS is slowing down players through bushes)

- bring back the good aimpoint for US forces, the current one is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE, especially in transition from high ready to ADS.

- ability for LMG and GPMG gunners to crouch into cover when they are deployed with a bipod on a wall etc.

- sniper role and marksman with bipod (bullet ballistics)

- fixed wing jets

- transport and attack helicopters
- anti-air missile systems

- towable equipment (ammo, AT guns, supplies etc.)

- 100+ men servers

Edited by Rainmaker

- Ability to place (some) deployables such as sandbags and wire anywhere provided you have a logi truck nearby

- Increase of the hab's point limit

- Map and factions variety

- Having objectives/flags give the faction controlling it an actual advantage besides the control of the location (say, an ammo deposit, where you can load your logi with ammo like in main, or build a fob in, wich draws its ammo points from it)

On 16/09/2018 at 2:53 AM, Fosty said:

Being able to knock down small trees and fences with big vehicles

This. Also v12 :)

Currently I think the easies things that can be fixed is the ability to set or stabilized all weapons Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 style onto obstacles (getting tired of shooting sandbags) or at least adjust ADS level at the Full Sandbag Wall Window level. This is kind of retarded that you can build sandbag wall with an opening, that is not sized correctly for aiming down the sights through it, or the players are incapable of placing their weapons on the sandbags just like current bipod weapons work.

Perhaps also adjust graphics level to Post Scriptum style, where there are shadows everywhere. The current graphics are getting abused. At lowest graphics Multicam of US Army and Brittish Army are the worst (Russian Army even worse). On high graphics Multicam is the best though as in real life.

Edited by Caliell

Optimization.

Zu23-2 with the actual scope that it actually has becouse this one now sucks,and that bug that makes it shoots in bursts even if you are still holding the fire button it just stops and you need to fire again. 

On 2018-08-20 at 3:59 PM, LugNut said:

Things not already mentioned:

1) Tie supplies to something other than radios. PS has a much better system where all you need is a logi with supplies in it to drop anything, anywhere. Want to block a road? Go right ahead, stop, build some hedgehogs and then drive away. Ammo for your defenders out in front of the cap? Here ya go. Not have your mortar position be a dead giveaway to where your FOB is? Sure, put them far away. You can leave a truck and other SLs can drop tings, but only logi squad can drive a logi. 

2) Designated logi squads. Again, PS has only one (which is sort of an issue IMO), but guess what? People that want to do logi runs and build stuff join a logi squad and no one expects them to do anything else. No one will give you crap about not being on a point, plus, with only 4 in a squad, it doesn't really matter. Plus, logi member have toys no one else does which makes it a little different. 

3) Nerf HABs and Rallys. It's too easy to spawn, which only encourages a reckless style of play, as well as not even bothering waiting to be revived. It's often more efficient in getting back into the cap to just spawn in. Being restricted to what ammo you died with might change this, but I still think rallys need a longer cooldown and a limited life. 

Love these suggestions LugNut, except maybe #2. Not sure squad roles need to be managed beyond SL comms and coordination.

Nerf HABs and Rallies is IMO the most crucial thing. Would love to see some playtesting of no rallies & limited respawn HABs. How that would change the importance of securing supply/reinforcement lines from Main and really controlling the map, as opposed to creating TDM on objectives would be very interesting to see.

Tying supplies to the logi itself makes sense. Some things would have to be tweaked. For instance, an emplacement could be given ammo by proximity to an ammo crate. Ammo crates could be refilled by logis. 

7 minutes ago, pinko said:

Tying supplies to the logi itself makes sense. Some things would have to be tweaked. For instance, an emplacement could be given ammo by proximity to an ammo crate. Ammo crates could be refilled by logis. 

PS just added ammo dumps, so you can build either directly from the truck, or drop an ammo dump, which is just a big pile of crates and build from there. They are refillable. Anyone in logi squad can now drop deployables, except for FOBs, it's working well. 

I just started playing the game, I'm really enjoying it.

What i would like to see:

1.) Some graphical changes/texture/ color changes. Overall its good but i know devs can do better! 

2.) More gun modification options. i.e: Attachments like forgrips, barrels, rails, bullet type, scopes/sights,grips.

Great game overall, and im new but i thought I'd give my 2 cents. ;) 

1 - TEAMPLAY, right now rally points make this game feel like call of duty, players join squads thinking its a free kit charity, they simply get whatever kit they want and just go lonewolfing until i have to kick them from the squad for not listening.

2 - Thermals, i mean PR did years ago with an engine made of bamboos (bf2)

3 - Being able to open the hatch as an armored vehicle driver, its almost impossible to drive the striker cause the view is so restricted it makes me have a seizure

Edited by BingBoingBlob

13 hours ago, BingBoingBlob said:

1 - TEAMPLAY, right now rally points make this game feel like call of duty, players join squads thinking its a free kit charity, they simply get whatever kit they want and just go lonewolfing until i have to kick them from the squad for not listening.

2 - Thermals, i mean PR did years ago with an engine made of bamboos (bf2)

3 - Being able to open the hatch as an armored vehicle driver, its almost impossible to drive the striker cause the view is so restricted it makes me have a seizure

1 - V12 fixes this mostly.

2 - It would be cool to have, but how would you balance them with the view distance Squad has?

3 - Tbh this would be cool to have.

16 hours ago, Temptor said:

1.) Some graphical changes/texture/ color changes. Overall its good but i know devs can do better!

Fyi, the coming map quite evidently displays a lot of progression the mappers have made in a number of ways... Wait and see.