Font

What would you like to see in Squad

For me:

1. Proper anti-aliasing or a whole graphical rework.

2. Better optimization, since V11 it is pretty good, but I think it still could be better, and eliminating server stutters, when all of the players experience a stutter at the same time. 

3. More factions, or high quality faction mods would be easily playable, maybe even included in the base game if possible with an update. 

4. Better iron sights. In my opinion pretty much every iron sight in the game other than AK style iron sights are useless at longer distances, the front sight are just too thick to be precise with.

What I don't want to see: 

Mostly two things from the previous recap. 

1. All classes will be able to revive a dead player, but not heal them. Lets keep reviving and healing the medic's job.

2. Aimpunch style suppression. Increased sway with decreased hold breath time is fine. 

On 8/19/2018 at 9:32 AM, Font said:

For me:

1. Proper anti-aliasing or a whole graphical rework.

2. Better optimization, since V11 it is pretty good, but I think it still could be better, and eliminating server stutters, when all of the players experience a stutter at the same time. 

3. More factions, or high quality faction mods would be easily playable, maybe even included in the base game if possible with an update. 

4. Better iron sights. In my opinion pretty much every iron sight in the game other than AK style iron sights are useless at longer distances, the front sight are just too thick to be precise with.

What I don't want to see: 

Mostly two things from the previous recap. 

1. All classes will be able to revive a dead player, but not heal them. Lets keep reviving and healing the medic's job.

2. Aimpunch style suppression. Increased sway with decreased hold breath time is fine. 

1. We're still poking at graphics options and will likely continue to do so. We still miss ReShade. Here's hoping they figure out a way that can't be exploited.

2. On-going. We continue to learn new techniques, apply them to old maps, take feedback, and fix bugs. We're also adding new systems and assets, which then have to be optimized in turn... so it's always going on. =)

3. We're always open to high-quality mod content. We also would like to see some more factions. =)

4. Might find some debate here, but your feedback is heard.

Don't Wants:

1. Hang in there and give the system a try. Medics should still be important, especially as the new system relates to stamina. Non-medic revives will also take a lot longer.

2. I'm skeptical of aimpunch too, so I hear ya; I don't like anything that takes my "control" away. That said, I trust our designers to get to something satisfying, especially SgtRoss who has first-hand experience in combat.

Everything will go through testing and player feedback. If it's the worst thing you've ever tried, you can let us know... just be nice about it, please. ;)

Well, was hoping to see planes and aircraft in game so I could add my plane too.  Also, parachute capability.  Paratroopers.  Destructible bridges and valuable assets that cant be easily repaired or replaced at all.  Boats.  Underwater demolitions like taking out bridges by using SEAL team.  Damns that can be destroyed and create flooding of map.  :)

As for my own additional stuff that i'd like to see...

1. Paradrop spawn points at the beginning of a match, or maybe along the way of the entire match... Like have the Russians hold all flags in invasion mode, and have the Brits drop from the air, being able to decide when to drop, so if they wanted they could land behind enemy lines.

2. Boats.

3. Amphibious vehicles.

4. Minor destruction (bridges, certain buildings).

Things not already mentioned:

1) Tie supplies to something other than radios. PS has a much better system where all you need is a logi with supplies in it to drop anything, anywhere. Want to block a road? Go right ahead, stop, build some hedgehogs and then drive away. Ammo for your defenders out in front of the cap? Here ya go. Not have your mortar position be a dead giveaway to where your FOB is? Sure, put them far away. You can leave a truck and other SLs can drop tings, but only logi squad can drive a logi. 

2) Designated logi squads. Again, PS has only one (which is sort of an issue IMO), but guess what? People that want to do logi runs and build stuff join a logi squad and no one expects them to do anything else. No one will give you crap about not being on a point, plus, with only 4 in a squad, it doesn't really matter. Plus, logi member have toys no one else does which makes it a little different. 

3) Nerf HABs and Rallys. It's too easy to spawn, which only encourages a reckless style of play, as well as not even bothering waiting to be revived. It's often more efficient in getting back into the cap to just spawn in. Being restricted to what ammo you died with might change this, but I still think rallys need a longer cooldown and a limited life. 

Posted (edited)

1. Ballistics
2. Whole spectrum of combined warfare, from fixed wing jets to a lonewolf sniper role.
3. Firebases that are effective and logistics that are fun, working razorwire that we can place in long lines and not just 2 cm's of paperwire
4. Better, stronger weapon sounds and better in game gun mechanics
5. Realistic map design 
6. Riddance of bad lightning on maps, and bleak and washed out colors
7. Working long distance render (disapearing mountain edges)
8. Quality of life improvements to Squad Leader role (remember they carry the whole weight of the game)
9. HUMVEES under a different name (to fool the law)
10. Vehicles getting stuck (1/2 by bad unrealistic map design, and the other 1/2 by unfinished "wheel/tracks" code)
11. Dynamic weather (weather changing as time passes, starts with sun in the morning, rain at 12 oclock, and fog in the evening for example)
12. Fixed skinny legs on soldiers
13. Clear kit difference on models
14. Night maps and NVGs
15. Removal of AAS game mode that is completely predictable, boring and outclassed by moving frontline gamemode
16. Insurgency game mode from PR
17. Shadow settings locked for all users to ensure fair play and no advantage to people who put graphics to low to get the edge over others
18. Ability to drag wounded team mates to cover.

In general adding depth and atmosphere to the game, you got to make Squad fun when there is no fighting going on at times! And then when the fight happens it takes your breath away with everything combined.

Edited by Rainmaker

Posted (edited)

"What would you like to see in Squad"

1. Add the roles that were promised in the Kickstarter. All of them.

2. Make the game more realistic by removing the Star Trek teleportation devices and increase transport trucks accordingly.

3. Treat people like adults instead of nannying them by completely dropping all the role restrictions and let the squad leader decide the composition of his/her squad.

4. Make the game fully stand alone with built-in rules, functionality and safeguards so it doesn't require adminstration.

5. OWI should be the front end of their own game by hosting official vanilla servers showcasing all of their maps and layers instead of relying on private individuals with their own motives and agendas. Plus also move all the private servers to the custom servers browsers.

6. Last but not least return the AAS mechanics back to v9 to get away from the isotropic, boring & linear gameplay that has evolved. Make rushing great again.

Edited by Zylfrax791

I deleted a few post that where totally off topic, you can always discuss any topic on this forum(as long as it is withing the rules) but please do use the right thread for it! (Medic stuff, feedback channels....)

For myself:

1. A lot of new factions, vehicles and all that good stuff

2. Jungle environment

3. More PR map remakes (I know boring but hey what ever man!)

4. Total conversion mods

Here are my top 2.

#1. Only Medic revives.

I don't think the "everyone can revive" change should go through. Being able to get people on their feet again is really the only thing that makes it fun to play a Medic ("Can I get to him? Will he die before I get to him? Who is most important to revive?") Having everyone just get the guy next to them up (even after being shot with a .50 cal seconds ago) will not, in my opinion, make the game any more fun for newcomers or vets - penalty time or no - and will make Medic a real chore to play as you are basically just a heal dispenser.

#2. Weapon sway when injured.

Your weapon should sway if you're injured - in proportion to the degree you are injured, whether you are bleeding out or not. Shooting someone in the chest from a window half a mile away, watching the guy take cover, then getting a laser-accurate bullet to the head from the same guy a moment later, should not be something that can easily happen. I understand why the devs don't want one-shots to be common (even if I think higher calibers should drop you with a chest shot) but as it stands if your bullets didn't incap, you basically did nothing to him except make him write "bandage when poss." in his day planner.

On 8/20/2018 at 7:07 PM, Gatzby said:

1. We're still poking at graphics options and will likely continue to do so. We still miss ReShade. Here's hoping they figure out a way that can't be exploited.

2. On-going. We continue to learn new techniques, apply them to old maps, take feedback, and fix bugs. We're also adding new systems and assets, which then have to be optimized in turn... so it's always going on. =)

3. We're always open to high-quality mod content. We also would like to see some more factions. =)

4. Might find some debate here, but your feedback is heard.

Don't Wants:

1. Hang in there and give the system a try. Medics should still be important, especially as the new system relates to stamina. Non-medic revives will also take a lot longer.

2. I'm skeptical of aimpunch too, so I hear ya; I don't like anything that takes my "control" away. That said, I trust our designers to get to something satisfying, especially SgtRoss who has first-hand experience in combat.

Everything will go through testing and player feedback. If it's the worst thing you've ever tried, you can let us know... just be nice about it, please. ;)

I get that there will be penalties if you don't get healed by a medic. My concern is that a you wipe a full squad and their rally. Then a random rifleman revives the medic, and the medic revives and heals the rest of the squad.

On 8/20/2018 at 8:13 PM, XRobinson said:

Well, was hoping to see planes and aircraft in game so I could add my plane too.  Also, parachute capability.  Paratroopers.  Destructible bridges and valuable assets that cant be easily repaired or replaced at all.  Boats.  Underwater demolitions like taking out bridges by using SEAL team.  Damns that can be destroyed and create flooding of map.  :)

Planes would be cool, but I don't see them working properly in Squad. The maps are just too small for dogfights at (or close to) supersonic speeds. The only way I could see them implemented in Squad is a commander ability like in Post Scriptum, but I hate that method, basically click here and enjoy your free kills. I am in favor of everything being player controlled in a multiplayer game, and don't like killstreak type stuff. 

PIP Scopes. I know this topic has been discussed. However, given it's implementation in Sandstorm, I'm interested in knowing if there may be some opportunity in Squad. I know it was in the earlier builds of Squad, but not sure of what method was used. 

It seems that (IS) provides the player an option to enable/disable the feature. Assuming that this is "client-based procedure call" and no impact to the server, the performance hit is to the client end-user. I could be wrong and this is all speculative. 

However, if there's a way to do this in Squad w/o impacting "server performance" I would love to see it.

Only about 400 hours of Squad, but here are some things I'd like to see.

1. Bugged fortification building.  Is there a reason I cant place a HMG bunker on a flat roof? (just one example) Assuming it has some structural fortitude and not a tiny 4 wall shack.  Probably a hell of a lot of work but not being able to turn an object green without knowing why gets frustrating.

2.Additional universal build options.

I would like a more expensive "heavy" barbed wire that doesnt turn to dust if a grenade goes off.   Jersey walls for allied forces, debris walls for militia/insurgents.  Tank buster traps (forgive me i cant remember their name, the welded 6rail jax looking guys) but something that when deployed properly would act as a deterrent for vehicle pathing. Berms/above ground foxhole. Cost 50 Very common practice by all factions, would add a little bit of realism to holding a position not located in a building.

*name pending* Insurgent/Militia Wet Dream, cost 600.  Spawns a pre-placed explosive charge on a slow, but heavily armored car every (?) Minutes. Press Q while driving to detonate, allahu snackbar.  Wide bunker 500 cost the bottom half of a hesco wall with pillbox bags on top. Bags still vulnerable to explosives. Murderhole/window plugs (youre trying to save your fob while your team is capping attack obj, you can make your last stand by boarding up windows/murderholes. In the big picture this is something that would happen instantly in real war. You wouldnt leave that murderhole uncovered. Building 2 layers of bags to cover every one feels bleh, plus you cant even place the second set of bags until the first one is dug, so SL wastes more time doing nothing until then.  With that said maybe a double bag that costs 3x (75) as much as regular bags but can be deployed in one build order.  Something to balance build speed vs cost. US/British only: hesco bunker cost 1000. a larger bunker with hescos instead of bags.  Honestly i could probably name 20 more but this post is already long af.

3. I would like a brief shovel icon to appear to teammates (i place shovel markers already, would save the SL a second each time).  I think this would help some players realize they DO need to be shoveling before they run off my fob to die.  If u spawned here, help shovel please and thank you! 

City maps. Some civilians running around. Derivable trucks and cars. Low TTK weapons.

• better anti-aliasing
  • realistic map design (logical roads, dense forests etc.)
  • some destructible terrain (we can build and destroy razor wire right, why not make small fences destroyable as well?)
  • more animations (so like 5 different animations for reloading)
  • v12 

- scaleable UI and text messages for DSR users

- option to move text messages to TDC

- ability to simply tag/rate SL's or team members for my own personal use so that I can be aware in future games which SL's to play under or which SL's to stay away from. It could be as simple as 3 colours

- auto kick users that create squads then drop the role/squad

- auto inform infantry when they have been promoted to SL. could be a simple as placing a badge TRC

- a slightly better coms system so infantry know when SL is receiving SL coms. not sure how this can be achieved

- built in mortar calc

- a consideration to remove the LAT/HAT min distance to vehicle

- add foregrip bipod animation

- increase difficulty for trading infantry that have been shot first to continue running and easily counter shoot

- night mode

- slow down prone crawl. imo something between what we had and what we have now is more realistic

- place a little dot on the role symbol for infantry that have enhanced optics

- fade from smoke to no smoke needs tweaking as it is too abrupt

- more realistic technical ute/car physics with basic damage model

- speed up frag & smoke deployment animation

Edited by [BMF] Coanda
add

- Better Anti-Aliasing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Delay NAMETAGS (greatly)

I guess This two go hand by hand. If you want the game to look good, then it looks either blurry or too Sharp. Both things make it really hard to identify enemy by its uniform and equipment beyond 30 mts. So nametags are a necessity. 

But as long as nametags appear so quickly and there is no propper IFF mechanic, then gameplay will still ebb towards arcade shooting.

Really big things for me would be, in the end,

• A lot of what's already coming:
    • More randomised play so that the current metas aren't there and consideration and pace become factors - this could be done with randomised layers, other game modes that create a front etc, and, of course, excellent iterations of insurgency
    • Tanks and helicopters
    • Upped player counts in the end
  • Some unconfirmed stuff:
    • Other vehicles such as boats where apt. Planes would be nice one day but only if implimented well on big maps
    • Aerial or other support in some form, even if that's called-in off-screen A10 style or whatever
    • Other factions at some point
  • Maps, maps, maps - for me, I can't stress enough that as large a number and big a variety of maps as possible is really key to maintaining interest on a day to day basis in the longer term, and I just love the variety than existed in PR. I am aware that quality is important, but I really would love it if there were simply more and more maps added over time as in this game's forebear. More close urban stuff, more long range stuff for vehicles and helos, maps with a range of environments within them, maps that accommodate different ideas and ways to play, more biomes etc. I really hope we get loads more over time, though I realise it can't always be the priority and that their development is far more taxing with higher fidelity engines than it was in PR. I still hope that we get a lot, though, even if they aren't all quite as polished as the old ones if that makes sense.

-Player-flown AIRCRAFTS....

I know I know...

This game could be great, but without flyable planes it will be in danger of becoming a big meh!...