Sign in to follow this  
nooomy

Toggle tracer rounds for squad leader

it's always a pain in the ass when you got a good flanking spot with your squad and you have to hold your fire as squad leader just to avoid the enemies spotting our location because of my tracers. 

I would like to have the possibility to customize your outfit and decide yourself if I want tracers loaded in my mag or not. 

from what I read it's rare the armies have tracer rounds in assault rifles like aks and m4

I agree. Maybe have 1 or 2 separate tracer mags that you could select for specific situations.

I would stand to reason that tracers in its current form are more of a gameplay mechanic. With them, it allows folks to find each other. Otherwise, it will lead to a large mag rife meant for suppression turning into a marksman. Also allows response to flank. Sounds alone will not help counter flanks. Granted With all that said, I could see the modding community open to this. Have to remember in the end its a game and games are fun. War is not. 

13 hours ago, DarkCircle said:

I would stand to reason that tracers in its current form are more of a gameplay mechanic. With them, it allows folks to find each other. Otherwise, it will lead to a large mag rife meant for suppression turning into a marksman. Also allows response to flank. Sounds alone will not help counter flanks. Granted With all that said, I could see the modding community open to this. Have to remember in the end its a game and games are fun. War is not. 

Squad leader tracers have nothing to do with game balance. A large mag rifle meant for suppression? What?

+1 to optional tracers

It makes the AR feel a little useless to me. If I am using iron sights, that means I have to be close.

With my Star wars colors going off, Im lucky If I get 1-2. 

It makes me move around a lot more as an AR.

Or even 50% of our mags being tracer-less would be an improvement.

Rarely do I have competent riflemen nearby to follow my tracers.

It happens, but its not as likely as when I get killed by enemies following my Christmas setup.

Delayed are cool too.

Edited by Hashashin

Thanks for the feedback here, folks. Will make sure it gets passed along. The idea of optional tracers is pretty neat, imho. I could see it going well with another popular suggestion: repacking mags. It's not something we're currently working on, but it comes up enough that we're sure to look at it again in the future.