FiorinoM

Direction Indicator when hit

Hey guys,

If you were to be shot in your chestplate, you would know that the bullet came from in front of you somewhere.

If you were shot in the backplate, you'd know the guy shooting at you is somewhere behind you.

If a bullet goes into your right buttcheek...well, you get the point.

I'm not looking for an indicator that points directly at the dude who tagged you, but the screen already flashes blood red when you take a hit. If the bloody overlay were to be particularly heavy along one side of the screen, players would have a much more realistic experience when reacting to incoming fire, and would have at least SOME opportunity to find appropriate cover given the direction of the enemy. I know we're trying to be more realistic here, which is why some vague idea of the direction of fire is, I think, an excellent idea.

Edited by FiorinoM

Could be a nice effect. As it is, with experience you tend to know which of the various gunshots around you was the one that hit you (by direction and  range of the sound, and the associated pattern of bullet impacts around you). But yea, for the noobs :) 

I never had an issue locating the enemy fire from a directional perspective. With sound on and situational awareness anyone should be able to locate where the fire is coming from. 

I'm not a fan of this... currently it forces players to have good SA. When moving as a Squad, identifying location of incoming fire shouldn't be much of an issue. 

When people in real life get shot it usually takes a few seconds before you realize you are hit. That's because of the adrenalin rush you get. The reason I bring this up is because when you get shot it's very hard to locate the direction the shots came from

I feel like this is more to do with people's situational awareness rather than game design. So i kind of disagree with this idea.

no, from here.  you've been shot not with a Paintball. 

I understand your suggestion.

But just a pure no from me guys in war when hit even with armor on them thy dont give a s..t where thy are shot thy aither get down flat on the ground moaning or limp away to hide.

In this game it would just be a lot easier to turn and kill your enemy even if he is hiding somewhere.

On 8/16/2018 at 11:43 AM, pinko said:

Could be a nice effect. As it is, with experience you tend to know which of the various gunshots around you was the one that hit you (by direction and  range of the sound, and the associated pattern of bullet impacts around you). But yea, for the noobs :) 

in the heat of a firefight, might help, maybe not so obvious,  but a better sound directional tech would do the trick.

I don't feel like it's much of a problem to identify where the fire is coming from in Squad based on sound, tracers and map awareness. It all comes with experience, learning to recognize different gun sounds and knowing where people tend to attack from. 

I don't like the idea of the game spoonfeeding people information, especially when they already have all the tools they need to obtain them. It just feels like adding training wheels to a line of perfectly functional bicycles because some of their buyers might not know how to ride them yet. I'm going to say no to this proposition.

I don't see fit for a such, arcade feature in Squad. 

Multisquid gave already some good points. 

Disagree with this idea, as well as a Military Medic. Many wounded do not know where they are injured, hence why you do blood checks, Rapid body surveys.

I guess its pretty common for RL gunshot victims to have adrenaline mask the immediate wound, and then when the adrenaline wears off,  the shock sets in and light headedness/dizzy/etc.

Just going off what I've read of course...

As far as Squad gameplay, certainly we can improve the way players perceive the wounded state (audio,pp effects), but probably wont be adding any kind of bullet hit indicators

15 hours ago, fuzzhead said:

I guess its pretty common for RL gunshot victims to have adrenaline mask the immediate wound, and then when the adrenaline wears off,  the shock sets in and light headedness/dizzy/etc.

Just going off what I've read of course...

As far as Squad gameplay, certainly we can improve the way players perceive the wounded state (audio,pp effects), but probably wont be adding any kind of bullet hit indicators

Thx god...