Gatzby

SquadChat - 8 - ft. Axton and Chance (August 17, 2018 @ 1400 UTC)

Hey Squaddies!

Another SquadChat is in the bag! Huge thanks to everyone who attended! Axton and Chance are always a pleasure to chat with and we hope you enjoyed what they had to say. Here's the video archive:

This SquadChat was originally live on https://twitch.tv/JoinSquad at 1400 UTC on August 17th. You can find our previous SquadChats on Youtube.

Can we post questions in advance on here in case some of us can't make it? 

1 hour ago, CptDirty said:

Can we post questions in advance on here in case some of us can't make it? 

Yep! I can't guarantee we'll get to all posted questions, depending on how the stream goes, but will happily source questions from here. =)

Posted (edited)

Will they hopefully be talking about the progress of Fallujah or when we will hear more on it? It's been months since we last heard anything about it's progress.

Edited by WarEagle751

Yeah i really need you guys to talk about Falludjah, and boats maybe for water? The guy who made the Skorpo map had amphibious BTR's going through the water, it was awesome.

1) With the implementation of transport helicopters, will we see bigger maps with large body of water the helicopters would be used to transport troops across? Kinda like Golf of Oman?

2) When will we see 8kmx8km maps?

3) Amphibious warfare?

4) For chance: Does he still prefer middle-eastern maps and is he working on any? Can we get a screensharing tease like he did on the previous squadchat?

44 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

1) With the implementation of transport helicopters, will we see bigger maps with large body of water the helicopters would be used to transport troops across? Kinda like Golf of Oman?

2) When will we see 8kmx8km maps?

3) Amphibious warfare?

4) For chance: Does he still prefer middle-eastern maps and is he working on any? Can we get a screensharing tease like he did on the previous squadchat?

1. Oh yeah, **** yeah please, this is what we need.

2. Pls yes.

3. Pls yes.

4. I would honestly like him to update Al Basrah once all the Falludjah assets are done. Al Basrah right now is one of the least interesting looking city maps, even tho the gameplay on it is pretty good.

Q: I strongly recommend the devs reconsider their stance on adding player controlled civilians to the INS faction. As it would give a much needed counterbalance for insurgents and open up a new layer of tactics.

2 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

Q: I strongly recommend the devs reconsider their stance on adding player controlled civilians to the INS faction. As it would give a much needed counterbalance for insurgents and open up a new layer of tactics.

"player controlled civilians" ??
If you are referring to A.I system, Merlin addressed it in Squad chat 7 IIRC. Also there are lots of thread regarding said issue

1 minute ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

>Player controlled

>A.I

ok samwise

That's why I am confused : If it was to contolled by the players ; it would be as same as the current system goes... 
40 v 40 Max and instead of having 4 full squads full + 2 , you would have 3 full squads full and 13 players controlling civilians?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, samwiseOrigin said:

That's why I am confused : If it was to contolled by the players ; it would be as same as the current system goes... 
40 v 40 Max and instead of having 4 full squads full + 2 , you would have 3 full squads full and 13 players controlling civilians?

I'm not sure were you're getting this from. Just be able to drop your kit as an insurgent or pick the civilian role in the spawn screen and operate as one would in Project Reality. Also my freezing wasn't caused by my CPU, it'll do that sometimes when my internet connection starts getting iffy.

Edited by YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife

This may be a question that is not directly something aimed at axton and chance, but are there any plans on doing some mapping/modding contest in the future after the game is released? I always loved the way Tripwire did it with RO 1/ 2, Rising Storm 1/ 2 and Killing Floor 1 / 2 where they did mapping contest in cooperation with prices from NVIDIA and the best maps where put into the base game.

Posted (edited)

Since Belaya and Kamdesh have been out for a bit now how do you think their design style compares to the other maps in the game?

Edited by Stom

20 hours ago, WarEagle751 said:

Will they hopefully be talking about the progress of Fallujah or when we will hear more on it? It's been months since we last heard anything about it's progress.

Doubtful -- they've been working more on things like Tallil and getting ready for tanks. There are some new assets floating around that may be somewhat related to Fallujah, but we're not ready to focus on that map yet.

15 hours ago, danielritual said:

what about thermals? 

Not something for the mapping team, but thermals are something we'd like, yes. Eventually, we'd also like them to be a component that could be disabled, akin to the engine. The balance is important, especially with AT soldiers, so expect testing if they should happen. =)

9 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

I'm not sure were you're getting this from. Just be able to drop your kit as an insurgent or pick the civilian role in the spawn screen

Oh! Thanks for clearing that up. Like Sam, I thought you were referring to some sort of RTS style control of bot characters. I don't think we currently have plans for a civilian kit, but it's something that could be possible. (Though probably not before release.) It could be an interesting addition to the new game modes that are being worked on, too. The mapping team wouldn't be responsible for it, but you could definitely ask them how they could use a feature. =)

OP has been updated with the archived video. Enjoy!

Posted (edited)

I missed the video and never had the chance of asking a question if you devs are willing to answer. What factions will be played on Tallil besides the US obviously? Also, where will the main bases and objectives be?

tallil_minimap.jpg

Edited by WarEagle751