Sign in to follow this  
Nightingale87

"killable" backpack?

The basics of the situation was like this: I was hiding not far from the enemy. 2 of them were crouching behind a rock. I was using optics and could clearly see their backpacks moving like turtles over a rock. it was an easy shot, but i wasn´t sure if I can actually kill sombeody by only hitting their back pack (from side to side, no penetration to the body involved), and i didn´t want to reveal my position.

So the question is: can I kill or wound somebody if I only hit their backpack from side to side?

Thanks!

Btw: that Works both ways. Can i be killed like that? If so, it explains how sometimes I get hit when I could swear i was behind cover (Maybe some part of my equipment was exposed!

Edited by Nightingale87

No you can't. All characters use the same collision box as far as I know.

2 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

Nope. Out of curiosity, someone in a squad I was in once tested it by shooting someones backpack from the side. It had no hitbox.

Maybe we can petition for ammo storage critical hits on infantry too.

13 hours ago, Sparcany said:

Maybe we can petition for ammo storage critical hits on infantry too.

Really?? Lets have separate hit boxes on the backpacks too because some pockets are used for ammo and others are used for things like food and extra underwear etc. Oh and while we're at it lets have separate hit boxes for the chest rigs because you carry also carry ammo in there; and make sure the hit boxes are different too because some pouches have grenades, some have smoke, etc. Also make sure we model in a hitbox for the shovels we carry in our backpacks so that it reduces damage when rounds hit it since it has to penetrate the shovel.

Get real man.

9 hours ago, PythagorasHP said:

Really?? Lets have separate hit boxes on the backpacks too because some pockets are used for ammo and others are used for things like food and extra underwear etc. Oh and while we're at it lets have separate hit boxes for the chest rigs because you carry also carry ammo in there; and make sure the hit boxes are different too because some pouches have grenades, some have smoke, etc. Also make sure we model in a hitbox for the shovels we carry in our backpacks so that it reduces damage when rounds hit it since it has to penetrate the shovel.

Get real man.

We'll push for those changes after we get our microtransaction-rng-cosmetic-p2w crate petition off the ground.

I'd second the idea that if you shoot a backpack, underwear starts flying out. And maybe snacks, cheese puffs and the like. 

2 hours ago, LugNut said:

I'd second the idea that if you shoot a backpack, underwear starts flying out. And maybe snacks, cheese puffs and the like. 

This would make killing a Russian HAT much more satisfying.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:04 AM, Nightingale87 said:

The basics of the situation was like this: I was hiding not far from the enemy. 2 of them were crouching behind a rock. I was using optics and could clearly see their backpacks moving like turtles over a rock. it was an easy shot, but i wasn´t sure if I can actually kill sombeody by only hitting their back pack (from side to side, no penetration to the body involved), and i didn´t want to reveal my position.

So the question is: can I kill or wound somebody if I only hit their backpack from side to side?

Thanks!

Btw: that Works both ways. Can i be killed like that? If so, it explains how sometimes I get hit when I could swear i was behind cover (Maybe some part of my equipment was exposed!

If the dude was prone and leaning to one side while shooting that would give you an angle directly into his backpack, its not fully on its side and its silhouette could have just looked like it was a through and through shot on backpack.

A different impact effect on the backpack would be good. No need for any more than that. 

No you shouldn't get hurt by being shot through the backpack (as it does now). 

Yes you should be hurt if the bullet trajectory includes part of your body (as it does now).

In the future:

Body armour adjustments if they ever come in could allow for some damage modification from the backpack.