Verdin

Battlefield 3 Project Reality mod

58 minutes ago, _randombullet said:

Squad will be the first to go. Excited to see what happens

Why would you get rid of Squad? Squad is an amazing game! O.o

1 hour ago, _randombullet said:

Enjoy a game that will probably only have a few servers active at a time and that no project reality developers are actually working on

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, _randombullet said:

Same. I am just keeping SQ on my PC for new updates, I try them and remind myself why I don't play it. Will keep it until full release if it ever happens that is. Still, fingers crossed maybe a miracle will happen like somebody will take over and actually get the shit done and make a good game. 

I've made hundreds of posts for feedback and suggestions but all I see or hear on here is "go on redim (or some shit like that where they inform their "fans" outside the official sites first and then couple of days later they put an update here - that alone shows alot)", or "make your own game". Its not that I don't know what I am talking about. I got 2000 hours in Squad (sadly), same with PR probably, and couple of more thousands in shooter games in general.

P.S. don't forget destructible environment and no render problems on distance, oh yeah and working anti aliasing, oh yeah and fixed wing jets, oh and snipers, humvees, good netcode, graphics YEAH :D

Edited by Rainmaker

10 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

Same. I am just keeping SQ on my PC for new updates, I try them and remind myself why I don't play it. Will keep it until full release if it ever happens that is. Still, fingers crossed maybe a miracle will happen like somebody will take over and actually get the shit done and make a good game. 

I've made hundreds of posts for feedback and suggestions but all I see or hear on here is "go on redim (or some shit like that where they inform their "fans" outside the official sites first and then couple of days later they put an update here - that alone shows alot)", or "make your own game". Its not that I don't know what I am talking about. I got 2000 hours in Squad (sadly), same with PR probably, and couple of more thousands in shooter games in general.

P.S. don't forget destructible environment and no render problems on distance, oh yeah and working anti aliasing, oh yeah and fixed wing jets, oh and snipers, humvees, good netcode, graphics YEAH :D

Almost like there was a triple A team with thousands of people working on it...weird.

I think you need to tone down your expectations.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ratface said:

Almost like there was a triple A team with thousands of people working on it...weird.

I think you need to tone down your expectations.

I didn't expect Squad to be direct competitor to AAA game titles. But some features that could be done in a month tops time, they didn't manage to do in 2 years. 

Hell leave all features aside, you are still running your squads with no topographic map :D

Edited by Rainmaker

29 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

Hell leave all features aside, you are still running your squads with no topographic map

Wait, and Battlefield V has topographic map?

5 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

As far as the process goes I think some really really bad choices have been made and also plenty of good ones as well. I honestly feel like Squad is at a major crossroads at this point in the space/time continuum considering all the majorly sick ass titles that are going to drop soon.

At 3400 hours the only redeeming qualities of Squad for me as an older gamer is the nostalgic factor that visually it looks and plays similar to the Delta Force series. Honestly, I can't see how any younger players can even stomach the generally overall slow pace of the game not to mention the over dependency on others actions as well which can severally negatively effect the outcome of a match.

That said, I feel like V12 is going to be a watershed moment that either makes or breaks the game. At close to a million concurrent owners at last count and daily peaks under 3000 worldwide we know that plenty of people like yourself in the community have been alienated in the game by badmins, here on the forum, on Reddit and Discord.

So yeah, my perspective is Squad needs to stop sitting on the fence and decide if it's going to be yet another arcade pew pew pew in an endless sea or go full MilSim where it will at least hold a cult status community of fuddy-duddy's like myself.

5 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

I've made hundreds of posts for feedback and suggestions but all I see or hear on here is "go on redim

I have made a bigger effort to participate in more discussions here on the forums, and I actually do prefer the forums as I feel it's the most  organized and searchable place to have intelligent conversion.

That being said, the internet has moved into the social media age, Squads user base is no diffrrent. a tiny fraction of the user base uses these forums, the bulk of public discussion of squad happens on Facebook, Reddit, Discord, YouTube, Steam forums, etc

However good ideas and feedback are always appreciated. If you have a bunch of great ideas and feedback, create a "Rainmakers Squad Ideas" thread, and also an"Rainmakers Squad v11 feedback" thread, and I will read and respond to it and point any other devs to it.

But don't want to derail this thread on the BF3 reality mod any further.

im excited for this. but im also staying extremely skeptical. Venice Unleashed looks and sounds dope, once i'm reuinted with my gaming rig ill try to get in on some games if it's possible then. BF3 with the annoying blue filter removed, great tickrates and no dying-behind-corners sounds absolutely fantastic.

Yep the grass is always greener on the septic field:).  Thanks Fuzzhead, great comment.  Rooting for a phnomV12, and lots of young gamers.   Being an old geezer, from the days of the Adam Coleco and Vic 20 ,  l do appreciate new blood in the community.  I play on may servers with yng guys and they are more mature and great SL than old buggers like me. 

18 hours ago, fuzzhead said:

I have made a bigger effort to participate in more discussions here on the forums, and I actually do prefer the forums as I feel it's the most  organized and searchable place to have intelligent conversion.

That being said, the internet has moved into the social media age, Squads user base is no diffrrent. a tiny fraction of the user base uses these forums, the bulk of public discussion of squad happens on Facebook, Reddit, Discord, YouTube, Steam forums, etc

However good ideas and feedback are always appreciated. If you have a bunch of great ideas and feedback, create a "Rainmakers Squad Ideas" thread, and also an"Rainmakers Squad v11 feedback" thread, and I will read and respond to it and point any other devs to it.

But don't want to derail this thread on the BF3 reality mod any further.

I think people appreciate you being active here since the other devs, except for Gatzby, haven’t posted for ages. Having someone who understands what gameplay mechanics made PR good and that there’s no shame in adapting them also gave me hope that Squad will reach it’s full potential.

Back in the day there was a custom server that removed the minimap, spotting and increased drastically the damage. It was so fun, but the server didn't last one month. It was so freaking easy to play. You'd find casual players running around and getting themselves killed all the time. And there wasn't enough hardcore+ gamers. SQUAD folks won't go back to BF3 just for the vehicles or else that server back in the day would have worked.

On 14/08/2018 at 11:03 AM, CptDirty said:

I have mixed feelings about this. I'd like to know if its the same bf3 maps but with customized buildings/emplacements? If so then meh...I would like to see confirmation that this team is working on completely new maps with tweaked game mechanics to bring things like squad role importance, voip (wasnt any in the original game) new vehicles etc...not just dinosaurs and bunnies....

Also let's not forget this:

https://revive.gg/notice/

giphy.gif

Things are building up slowly but I can see it working. VU is working on a terrain editor that will allow for brand new maps to be made. Also remember that PR:BF2 doesn't use VOIP either, despite BF2 having it by default, it uses Mumble which is a third-party software. Mumble also works with BF3 so that won't be a problem.

And could you please stop thinking that BF2 Revive was shut down by EA? It seems wherever I go I have to make this point: EA requested them to stop distributing the BF2 client, and using official BF2 artwork and logos, as to avoid it being associated with EA/Dice. They didn't have to stop providing the service (check BF2Hub), they shut down because they wanted to, and EA's email just gave them the perfect opportunity.

If EA had shut down BF2 Revive themselves, they would have done the same to BF2Hub, PR and FH2.

On 2018-08-17 at 8:20 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

As far as the process goes I think some really really bad choices have been made and also plenty of good ones as well. I honestly feel like Squad is at a major crossroads at this point in the space/time continuum considering all the majorly sick ass titles that are going to drop soon.

At 3400 hours the only redeeming qualities of Squad for me as an older gamer is the nostalgic factor that visually it looks and plays similar to the Delta Force series. Honestly, I can't see how any younger players can even stomach the generally overall slow pace of the game not to mention the over dependency on others actions as well which can severally negatively effect the outcome of a match.

That said, I feel like V12 is going to be a watershed moment that either makes or breaks the game. At close to a million concurrent owners at last count and daily peaks under 3000 worldwide we know that plenty of people like yourself in the community have been alienated in the game by badmins, here on the forum, on Reddit and Discord.

So yeah, my perspective is Squad needs to stop sitting on the fence and decide if it's going to be yet another arcade pew pew pew in an endless sea or go full MilSim where it will at least hold a cult status community of fuddy-duddy's like myself.

I think BF3 looks plastic. Squad feels more genuine and heavy somehow.

On 8/18/2018 at 9:11 AM, SShadowFox said:

And could you please stop thinking that BF2 Revive was shut down by EA? It seems wherever I go I have to make this point: EA requested them to stop distributing the BF2 client, and using official BF2 artwork and logos, as to avoid it being associated with EA/Dice. They didn't have to stop providing the service (check BF2Hub), they shut down because they wanted to, and EA's email just gave them the perfect opportunity.

EA sent the revive team a cease and desist. It literally doesn't get any clearer than that....

3 hours ago, CptDirty said:

EA sent the revive team a cease and desist. It literally doesn't get any clearer than that....

EA are known to be money making idiots but this project has nothing to do with revive team case. I'm not really sure why did u bring them up at all? They were distributing their games without any permission. VU is strongly against piracy. It will be in EA interest for VU to succeed because it will sell BF3 even more. Once VU was announced and started doing their stuff around 2015, BF3 price did go up on Origin and never came back since.

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

EA are known to be money making idiots but this project has nothing to do with revive team case. I'm not really sure why did u bring them up at all?

The cease and desist was mainly due to revive distributing the game client freely. I understand that.

I brought it up because as you said, EA is money grabbing and even if VU does the same as BF2hub (require users to have legal copy of the game) it doesn't mean they won't find something else to use for closing it up. 

I stay optimistic for this mod, but with a hint of skepticism....

12 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

The cease and desist was mainly due to revive distributing the game client freely. I understand that.

I brought it up because as you said, EA is money grabbing and even if VU does the same as BF2hub (require users to have legal copy of the game) it doesn't mean they won't find something else to use for closing it up. 

I stay optimistic for this mod, but with a hint of skepticism....

I understand your skepticism... heck, i have it about whole thing but what gives me some hope is following:

VU devs stated several times that they are not in problems with EA legal team. VU exist since 2015 and one might think they would do something about it already. And one more thing... PR managed to have standalone client for couple of years now and EA still didn't mess with that. I think, as long as nobody tries to make money out of it and gives proper credits, it might be all fine. Anyway, we will find out soon.

Posted (edited)

Unless I'm reading this wrong

we must ask that you stop throwing down Ammo Crates. In other, more legal-styled terms, please stop distributing copies of our game clients and using our trademarks, logos, and artwork on your sites. Thing is, your websites may easily mislead visitors to believe that you are associated or affiliated with EA - we're the only ones that get to wear the "Official EA" dog tag.

BF2 Revive didn't need to close down, it clearly states that it wanted them to stop distributing the game copy and using official artwork, it doesn't mention stopping to host the servers (i.e. the same thing that bf2hub currently does).

In any case, if you really want proof, you can get it from the horse's mouth.

Check the replies to the first comment on this video from one of the developers.

EA won't close down VU, same as it didn't close down BF2Hub, PR:BF2 or FH2 (PR doesn't even require you to have BF2 installed anymore).

Edited by SShadowFox

Let's hope the best for Bf3: PR!

It would be a blast, if they succeed in making this.