Jeffer7892

Squad vs Insurgency

I found that insurgency sandstorm has more realistic optics and players are able to fight back with their own weapons when sitting inside an unarmed vehicle!!! It's very cool and I hope squad can do that too ### . And also soldiers in squad are so vulnerable to water like there is concentrated sulfuric acid inside! OMG so shitty, I suppose every soldiers takes swimming lessons during their training... 

Realistic optics? You mean 3d/PiP scopes? Squad had that originally, but was removed due to performance reasons. It requires x2 rendering of what's on screen, to make scopes PiP - Which for large scale games is a big performance hit. Insurgency can pull it off, due to the scale of the game.

Thread explaining everything, from the Devs.

Soldiers know how to swim, but in full kit, which can weigh from 35kg(77lbs) to 50kg(110lbs) is a completely different story.

they cant climb walls, jumping is glitchy, running is very fast as if they have no armour..character animations are.. mmmm...its a different game tbh its fun but its not comparable to squad imo...but of course there are ideas in other games that could help Squad become even better.

4 hours ago, Dubs said:

Realistic optics? You mean 3d/PiP scopes? Squad had that originally, but was removed due to performance reasons. It requires x2 rendering of what's on screen, to make scopes PiP - Which for large scale games is a big performance hit. Insurgency can pull it off, due to the scale of the game.

Apparently not. Insurgency Sandstorm is suffering from a big performance hit using scopes just like Squad did. JackFrags was making complaints about it in his recent vid.

4 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

I don't think a fully equipped soldier being able to swim is realistic tho.

He could swim for sure but like an axe ;-)

On 13/08/2018 at 7:09 AM, Major Trouble said:

Apparently not. Insurgency Sandstorm is suffering from a big performance hit using scopes just like Squad did. JackFrags was making complaints about it in his recent vid.

nah, sandstorm is not using proper LoDs, thats why, will be fixed for next beta I believe

I think making opposite side be able to  hear local our voice is OK follow by voice activate. Unless using smartphone or more settings on ur computer, discord chat is not going to help as the mic is always activated the voice is recorded in game... How do you guys think? 

32 minutes ago, Jeffer7892 said:

I think making opposite side be able to  hear local our voice is OK follow by voice activate. Unless using smartphone or more settings on ur computer, discord chat is not going to help as the mic is always activated the voice is recorded in game... How do you guys think? 

no, because all you will get is mic spam from some wag.. and unable to mute them.  and of course as you say rendered waste of time if you use a separate device to chat and get around it. And if its voice activated the continuous noise of chatter would be unbearable .... 

On 8/15/2018 at 2:13 AM, embecmom said:

no, because all you will get is mic spam from some wag.. and unable to mute them.  and of course as you say rendered waste of time if you use a separate device to chat and get around it. And if its voice activated the continuous noise of chatter would be unbearable .... 

On 8/15/2018 at 1:38 AM, Jeffer7892 said:

This would be awful. I think the Alien game for Xbox Kinect did this it was a total flop. Imagine if someone paid by CC over the phone in the background while you played squad, do you want that sort of thing just broadcast to a public match?

The stance has long been no hearing enemy VOIP because it would just force players into teamspeak etc furthering the gap between pubs and clans.

since this is sandstorm vs squad, might aswel post here: why is sandstorm using some os squad's sounds? :ph34r:

Maybe sounds are based off the same sound library?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 8/12/2018 at 10:48 PM, Dubs said:

Thread explaining everything, from the Devs.

Soldiers know how to swim, but in full kit, which can weigh from 35kg(77lbs) to 50kg(110lbs) is a completely different story.

Israel PM Netanyahu, was an  MG during the 67 6 days war and almost drowned in the Suez canal when he fell in the water, fully kitted .; No swimming B|for you!

Squad mappers need to take a look how cities look like in Sandstorm and try to mimic or do better. Gun play in general feels so good in Sandstorm, the weapon you are firing feels and sounds powerful in comparisson to Squad. Gun play mechanics in squad need to get better already that did not change since it exists. We need something similar to EFT and Sandstorm in terms of gunplay mechanics and proper ballistics on top of it all because SQ has huge maps where firefights tend to happen from 50 to 500 meter range sometimes when bad map design don't come into equasion (meaning, bushes and trees on every step and angle). Ballistics would aditionaly open up the possibility for Sniper role (promised feature from Kickstarter).

Posted (edited)

I think that map design could be improved in Squad by mimicking actual loactions more faithfully or at least coming up with some more varied designs that create new types of tactical situations, but I have to say that the weapon sounds in Sandstorm sound pretty damn arcadey and exaggerated.

Also, why is this thread in the server feedback section?

Edited by fatalsushi

44 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

Also, why is this thread in the server feedback section?

No idea, /moved.