Ceceli

SQUAD - The more, the worse

There was a time that 80% of the matches in any server was awesome. Of course, sometimes there was one server that one team was just steamrolling the other one. So you would just change servers and everything went back to normal.

I noticed that when Post Scriptum launched its first and second weekend test, it was amazing. It felt just like when I first started playing SQUAD, but with an extra spice called WWII plus those huge explosion sounds, stukas and whatnot. All matches were amazing playerbase wise.

When the third weekend test came along, it all faded. Only noobs playing. I've witnessed things that would never happen, happening. Then I went back to SQUAD. I found myself feeling some weird vibe. Dynamics were different. Now 50% of the servers were OK. Yesterday I had not so much luck. Tried playing in 4 servers. Just 1 was OK. Today, not a single server that I - as usually - randomly picked, was ok.

Every freacking server teams are getting steamrolled. And there isn't even been applied some good tatics. Just a FOB near enemies and they all fall like dominos. Most of the times there isn't even suppressing and flanking maneuvers. It's just head on killing spree.

SQUAD University must have their plates full.

Also, if you don't agree with me at least on some level, please tell me: what servers do you play and what time and day?

Even a friend of mine that has a way lower standard bar noticed today how crazy this is getting.

Haven't tried post scriptum because they don't have rally points. I only Squad lead when I play and I've got like +1000 hrs in the game. I always have fun when I'm playing Squad because I am the Squad leader. My guys never have to ask me for a rally point because I'm waiting to refresh before the next guy spawns in after I died. My squad stays together and I constantly mark targets and put move markers so they know where to go. I call players by name and warn once, then kick lone wolfs. I became the change I wanted to see in this game. It is not hard to have fun in this game when you have a good Squad leader.

If you want balanced gameplay then take the initiative and SL the team getting steamrolled. If you have a few friends that are used to SL'ing, switch and try to help the other team get more coordinated. It may or may not work, but I can tell you for a fact if you do nothing it will not change.

If you notice specific servers are having this issue, point it out to the people that own them. I'd rather have someone be critical and point out a potential problem with my server than watch it die because nobody is having fun. As far as why you're specifically having a problem, idk. We don't know much about when you play or where you play. Maybe they had a sale and new players are coming in. Maybe you play right when a bunch of kids get home from school. Maybe a bunch of adults have just had long days at work and they want to space out and mindlessly shoot things. Maybe you're an awful SL and you're the reason your team is getting steamrolled :P. I've never really worried about it much. To me it has always been more about playing well with the other 8 people in my Squad, and I normally find that if I do that, we either win or we have a pretty close game. Maybe you just need to take a break for a bit. It could be that the server just had a couple bad games. Taking a little break could fix that for you. GL

Weird. A game with no built in match making or auto balance and all the servers are hosted and ran by pro-stacking clans. Who would even imagine there would be such a great disparity between players with 3000+ hours in the game and the endless stream of transient noobs right?

3 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Weird. A game with no built in match making or auto balance and all the servers are hosted and ran by pro-stacking clans. Who would even imagine there would be such a great disparity between players with 3000+ hours in the game and the endless stream of transient noobs right?

Yeah we don't encourage stacking at all where i play at.

This right here portrays exactly what I'm talking about. I make statements about my experience and ask a question. The reaction? People either say to not complain or that this doesn't exist. It is the same behaviour that I see in the battlefield. The stinking shit is happening right in front of your eyes and people either enjoy the shit or they pretend the shit doesn't exist.

Edited by Ceceli

Here's a little bit of what happened today. This was the pinnacle of the night for me. I have never seen so many dumb people playing together. For real, I'm astonished.

My squad was in charge of holding the flank while the rest of the team got the middle flag. Every SL was talking about doing a FOB near there. Nobody of their squads picks up the logi. Eventually, one of my guys took it. I said to him: just drive wherever those guys are going. They are still figuring out where to place the radio.

After a long conversation on the SL frequency - with 2 squads already inside Police Station -, they tell me to place the radio and build a FOB where I was - the flank - and not where they were. Well, great. No biggy. I've been around the block so I know how to make that work. 50. Cal Bunker in the road, ammo for the boys inside the village with stairs for them to pick over the wall and sandbag walls to block the access to us from anyone who might come from the south.

I positioned ARs and snipers in the north hill watching over the open field, road and whatnot; I was operating the .50 cal and the other boys were covering the mid. There was no way in hell anyone would get passed us. Also, that was a safe haven. Everybody was spawning there and moving south to go back to Police Station. It was a slaughter. Everything that moved got shot until it wasn't moving anymore.

Now... Here's when the shit meter breaks.

It was said in the SL frequency that the logi can no longer leave main base because there was mines all over the place. As if you couldn't go there and dig it up. So, no more logi runs, they figured.

Then every SL agreed to dig down my radio - which were requested by them - because it was on a bad location and they wanted a new one eve closer to the police station. That would make it about 100m closer. I warn them about that.

Next thing you know, we have no more respawn, they lose Police Station and all other flags just right after that and now we can hear in the SL frequency people saying: Don't take any flags and kill yourselves. Let's end this quickly.

Well... Bravo, folks. Bravo!

Edited by Ceceli

1 hour ago, Ceceli said:

This right here portrays exactly what I'm talking about. I make statements about my experience and ask a question. The reaction? People either say to not complain or that this doesn't exist. It is the same behaviour that I see in the battlefield. The stinking shit is happening right in front of your eyes and people either enjoy the shit or they pretend the shit doesn't exist.

Welcome to the internet.

But seriously. I would suggest you first try to find a good community and clan, this alone will improve your game play experience. And second,  find a good administrated server. This will also help.

If you were German i would invite you to play with my mates.

Hope i could help.

16 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I have to say, the RIP guys seem good about not stacking their clan, and they’re pretty friendly.

What @Axel said.

Even if Squad was made to be easy to get into, it just doesn't work well as a long-term solo experience - you might be willing to be a 100% teamplayer, but you can't rely on the next random guy to do the same. Once you're at a certain point in your learning curve, you are familiar with the maps and you understand the gameplay mechanics well then there's little to be gleaned by playing with randoms and the enjoyment levels plummet for most people. That's why it's important to find a group of like-minded individuals and play with them to continue enjoying the game. You'll find there's a whole new Squad you've never seen before - the social part is often just as enjoyable as the pew pew part, and cracking a few jokes with your mates makes disaster rounds much more bearable.

Getting into clans might seem intimidating for the socially awkward or for people with limited time for gaming, but the trick is to find one that suits you. The vast majority of clans are simply groups of people who enjoy playing together with no compulsory playing times or group training required, so there really isn't a good reason not to join one. You have everything to gain and only little to lose here.

Thanks for the invite @Axel. Perhaps you guys from Europe have it better. I'm from Brazil and brazilian are the worst of all. So I have to conted with US servers.

@MultiSquid Sound observation and advice. I appreciate it. Although I join only servers from big clans. Even that isn't cutting it. Unless these clans are doing a lot of private events that I don't know about.

Anyway, I think I'm just gonna take some time off. See if in a couple of months this new community gets better, since the game must have gotten attention from newcomers after the PS release.

Taking a break from a game for a while, can also help. I hope you will come back with new energy.

On 8/11/2018 at 10:14 PM, Ceceli said:

You asked a vague question that nobody could give you an actual response to aside from either A) find a different server or B) join a clan. I'm not really sure what you are expecting for a response, but I can assure you nobody is going to calculate the last 3000 games played and interview everybody to see if their experience has gotten worse since PS released. Join a clan or play elsewhere, it's that simple.

23 hours ago, Zipper said:

You asked a vague question that nobody could give you an actual response to aside from either A) find a different server or B) join a clan. I'm not really sure what you are expecting for a response, but I can assure you nobody is going to calculate the last 3000 games played and interview everybody to see if their experience has gotten worse since PS released. Join a clan or play elsewhere, it's that simple.

Don't take it too hard, buddy... It is what it is. You're only making it worse. Also, sinse you failed to see, let me point out the question - that was far from being vague - before you spin the story even further.

What servers do you play and what time and day?

Hopefully the influx of players who just do random stuff without being asked to, or just out of pure disobedience, is temporary. As new players learn, and players who are just not cut out for Squad leave, I think things will change. 

However, I have mentioned this a couple of times; If you do a good enough job as SL, communicate with other SL's with respect and a bit of knowledgeable authority, you can change the pace and outcome of a game all on your own. I do not know how servers in the Americas are, but on the European ones it is actually possible to take on "commander role" in most matches, if it is needed. 

Like someone said in a recent new post, be the change. That's all we can do for now. I hope the devs won't try to balance, or change the roles too much in favor of "balancing" or an enforced type of gameplay, or whatever, to get the final product we are hoping for. Let's do it as a community! 

8 hours ago, Ceceli said:

What servers do you play and what time and day?

PRTA, we pretty much seed that server every day from 16:00 gmt+2. Admins are friendly, and the clans/community members are usually spread out over both teams. If one team seems to start to get rolled back too quick, we have people switching sides.

Edited by Guan_Yu007