Ceceli

SQUAD - The more, the worse

On 9/12/2018 at 8:39 PM, RipGroove said:

I play in these exact servers very often too, they are great with the exception of [G] Guardians. IMO I found their admin very childish, for example at the end of a round they can be heard shouting things like "suck my ***" etc over and over again, and they can be very childish when leading a Squad also.

I played on the Guardians server once. An SL had some serious attitude issues, a severe case of narcissism, and decided to abuse me and my squad like a 12 year old schoolyard bully before kicking me. Reason? Well, on the back-cap I volunteered for we ran into heavy resistance, and some time after we had capped the last objective before the frontline we were still under heavy fire. The SL started screaming, like literally screaming as if mommy just unplugged the Xbox because it is time to play outside, telling me (sprinkled with a derogatory remark like "retard" or "****ing idiot" every other word) that we should be at the frontline (next flag). Naturally I told this entitled little brat that he should take a chill pill and ask mommy for some milk and cookies to calm him down, as we not only had flag superiority but our squad still had a lot of enemy contact.

This SL was apparently an admin on the server, and I got kicked. 

Never playing on that server ever again, and neither do my friends. I wonder if a server like that does more harm than good... 

Edited by PuddleMurda

The biggest mistakes of Squad are childish ADMIN and the system that every SL can kick  for no reason.

That is the same feeling, if you suddenly get fired at work for no reason.

I've been through many times, because of those things, that we lost the game.
You can shoot 5 enemies and then you suddenly lose your gun because you were kicked.
It is logical that you often see that you are going to shoot the SL.

I, too, like to throw a grenade, deserved wage acorn :-)

11 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

That is true. Tho usually whenever i see a clan they usually all stack up and don't care about the experience of non-clan players.

Well yes and no.  The idea of a clan is to play with like minded people and get a game experience closer to what its meant to be, i.e teamwork, listening, sls that talk... its better organized, now the only way to do that consistently is and get practice at it is to stack sometimes, as you probably wont be able to get 80 players to fill a server just as clan members.   Problem is where clans do it every night of the week and it just gives a bad experience to non clan members if they are getting steamrolled... 

7 hours ago, Super Sniper said:

The biggest mistakes of Squad are childish ADMIN and the system that every SL can kick  for no reason.

You can shoot 5 enemies and then you suddenly lose your gun because you were kicked.

you know as an SL I can also moan about how many times I can ask a guy to do certain things, move up, leave a flag, come to SL, change kit etc etc... and if I have to do it several times they get kicked... then they start crying about why I  didnt give them a reason.. one guy being kicked from a squad does not lose the game. 

You got it wrong.
An SL often has no view of the situation.
Sometimes it is also not wise to do things what an SL requires.
Lastly a stupid SL, who said, come right there, while I had to sit still, because there were 2 enemies in the neighborhood.

There is only one good solution for that and that is giving SL penalty points, with every kick.

10 kick a month and a ban..

That's not going to happen. The ability for SLs to kick players who clearly aren't engaging as a squad or are being idiots clearly outweighs potential abuse, or indeed the consequences for the player, of the system as is. In the end, the player can join another squad, wait until a new game, speak to an admin if there, or change servers. Not always satisfactory in the reasonably rare cases where the player clearly has cause to be aggrieved, but you know. I generally SL, bu at the end of the day, I don't even want to be in a squad with an SL who is a childish fool. No harm done.

18 hours ago, Super Sniper said:

10 hours ago, Erdogan GoatDictator said:

You got it wrong.
Lastly a stupid SL, who said, come right there, while I had to sit still, because there were 2 enemies in the neighborhood.

There is only one good solution for that and that is giving SL penalty points, with every kick.

Dont know why you have 2 accounts to post here but ok. Being a SL is stressful and a lot of work. If you join my Squad I expect you to help me. If you dont I will kick. I am not required to give you and free spot in my squad and access to whatever kit you have or my rally. I have never kicked anyone for saying they can't move because they are hiding in a bush surrounded by enemy.

But if people dont come to me to set rally, don't move to my move marker after spawning or don't disengage when I tell them that another squad is taking care of people they are fighting. Then they get kicked.

11 hours ago, Erdogan GoatDictator said:

You got it wrong.

as I said ..if I have to ask several times the same person, there is also a mic for communication.. so not clear what your getting at ..anyway take that to another thread...

Maybe have like vote system vote to remove an SL in the squad he is the SL i think it would help with incompatent SL the no mic SL the afk SL and so on he would be kicked from his own squad and the kit would go to the guy first below him on he list.

Just a thought.

3 hours ago, Bahrein said:

Maybe have like vote system vote to remove an SL in the squad he is the SL i think it would help with incompatent SL the no mic SL the afk SL and so on he would be kicked from his own squad and the kit would go to the guy first below him on he list.

Just a thought.

There already is a system in place that solves the problems with incompetent squad leaders, it's called "leave squad button", but people are too obsessed with their precious kits and scopes to do it and rather prefer to become a bunch of useless lonewolves in a leaderless squad instead of doing the right thing and joining someone who actually wants to lead people to victory or - god forbid - stepping up and making their own squad.

Voting out squad leaders makes no sense, the SL made the squad and it's his to do with as he pleases, that is a prerogative he gained by becoming one of the very few people willing to step up and lead others. By giving regular grunts any power over him you completely reverse the power balance in squad and strip SLs of their authority. "Lead us how we want or we'll kick you out of your own squad" - doesn't that sound just wrong? Again, nobody is making you stay in a bad squad, if you are choosing to stay solely because you want to retain your kit or you don't want to lead then be prepared to listen to commands, because as a grunt that's what you're there for after all. Setting kits aside for a moment we have three roles you can play in Squad: either you're a leader, a follower or you're soon to be kicked.

1 minute ago, MultiSquid said:

There already is a system in place that solves the problems with incompetent squad leaders, it's called "leave squad button", but people are too obsessed with their precious kits and scopes to do it and rather prefer to become a bunch of useless lonewolves in a leaderless squad instead of doing the right thing and joining someone who actually wants to lead people to victory or - god forbid - stepping up and making their own squad.

Voting out squad leaders makes no sense, the SL made the squad and it's his to do with as he pleases, that is a prerogative he gained by becoming one of the very few people willing to step up and lead others. By giving regular grunts any power over him you completely reverse the power balance in squad and strip SLs of their authority. "Lead us how we want or we'll kick you out of your own squad" - doesn't that sound just wrong? Again, nobody is making you stay in a bad squad, if you are choosing to stay solely because you want to retain your kit or you don't want to lead then be prepared to listen to commands, bacause that's what you're there for after all.

Oooo you are talking to a wrong guy about leaving a squad i do that all the time if the sl or teammates are lets say “incompetent” 

But this past year a rearly do that since i am playing with a great team with a bunch of amazing guys “Squad Ukraine”.

I even do not play if thy are not on.Usually we have one full squad sometimes two or even three.

I am just trying to make a suggestion about sl problem people say on here.

But all in all you are tottaly right.

If you do not like the sl leave it if you get kicked deal with it do not cry about it on the forums or in game chat.

How many times i heard orders beeing told to a guy and he actually refusing to do so,refusing to use the kit sl told you to use,spaming voice chat when thy are drunk or high,or simply beeing kicked for making a room in the sl-s squad for his friend or clanmate.

Guys please deal with it and move on.We all got kicked sometimes for some reason or no reason at all.

1 hour ago, MultiSquid said:

Voting out squad leaders makes no sense, the SL made the squad and it's his to do with as he pleases, that is a prerogative he gained by becoming one of the very few people willing to step up and lead others. By giving regular grunts any power over him you completely reverse the power balance in squad and strip SLs of their authority. "Lead us how we want or we'll kick you out of your own squad" - doesn't that sound just wrong? Again, nobody is making you stay in a bad squad, if you are choosing to stay solely because you want to retain your kit or you don't want to lead then be prepared to listen to commands, because as a grunt that's what you're there for after all. Setting kits aside for a moment we have three roles you can play in Squad: either you're leader, a follower or you're soon to be kicked.

It's interesting how your point even further validates my position that all the kits should be unlocked and available in order that the SL should be the one dictating the role composition of their own squad.

Currently we still have an artificial construct that rewards mediocrity and trys to nanny players instead of a natural system that would balance itself out.

43 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

It's interesting how your point even further validates my position that all the kits should be unlocked and available in order that the SL should be the one dictating the role composition of their own squad.

Currently we still have an artificial construct that rewards mediocrity and trys to nanny players instead of a natural system that would balance itself out.

That's a completely unrelated issue. Kits are limited in order to retain at least a semblance of realistic squad composition. If you give players free reign over the kit selection you'll end up with entire squads composed of LATs, grenadiers or marksmen, completely destroying the balance and turning it into just another FPS game. For instance I can still remember times when we used to have 2 (two) grenadiers allowed per squad and the game was already close to unplayable with the amount of grenades flying around, I can't even begin to imagine how it would look like if you had squads full of grenadiers. Sure, it might be fun for a time, but it's not what you'd call a tactical shooter.

Kits are limited because they are powerful. Players rather screwing their team than losing their kits is a player problem. Two different things.

Spoiler

If anyone's got half an hour to spare, this guy made a video covering a much wider problem with player mentality in the recent years, not only concerning BF5. I can't say I completely agree with him, but he makes some interesting points. I especially like how he refers to the "cult of the loadout" in modern FPS games.

A SL is your commanding officer and if you disobey a good or bad order, you get kicked from the squad or server.

You should be on your SLs general position at all times unless he or she says otherwise.

3 hours ago, Bahrein said:

Just a thought.

this is where admins step in.. a vote system for Sls is just going to end up with every snowflake with a gripe pressing that vote now button

1 hour ago, MultiSquid said:

That's a completely unrelated issue. Kits are limited in order to retain at least a semblance of realistic squad composition. If you give players free reign over the kit selection you'll end up with entire squads composed of LATs, grenadiers or marksmen, completely destroying the balance and turning it into just another FPS game. For instance I can still remember times when we used to have 2 (two) grenadiers allowed per squad and the game was already close to unplayable with the amount of grenades flying around, I can't even begin to imagine how it would look like if you had squads full of grenadiers. Sure, it might be fun for a time, but it's not what you'd call a tactical shooter.

Kits are limited because they are powerful. Players rather screwing their team than losing their kits is a player problem. Two different things.

Reveal hidden contents

If anyone's got half an hour to spare, this guy made a video covering a much wider problem with player mentality in the recent years, not only concerning BF5. I can't say I completely agree with him, but he makes some interesting points. I especially like how he refers to the "cult of the loadout" in modern FPS games.

I dont think its about just being able to take multiple kits i.e full of /RPG but having all kits open at once..same no. of kits just all available...and letting the SL decide which ones he wants filled...but we are beginning to veer away from this thread and straight into something thats discussed many times on other threads.

Just now, embecmom said:

this is where admins step in

I don't have enough fingers to count the number of times I needed an admin and none were online....Then what do you do?

Just now, CptDirty said:

I don't have enough fingers to count the number of times I needed an admin and none were online....Then what do you do?

easy... leave the squad.

Just now, embecmom said:

easy... leave the squad.

What if the SL is a troublemaker and griefs vehicles? Then what....

Just now, CptDirty said:

What if the SL is a troublemaker and griefs vehicles? Then what....

what if he changes kits and digs down all the fobs, what if he builds mortards and mortars all the friendlies, what if .. what if.. we could be here all day... we have now diverted to  scenario that rarely happens..

the game can be designed to limit these sort of things without snowflake intervention... 

35 minutes ago, embecmom said:

what if he changes kits and digs down all the fobs, what if he builds mortards and mortars all the friendlies, what if .. what if.. we could be here all day... we have now diverted to  scenario that rarely happens..

the game can be designed to limit these sort of things without snowflake intervention... 

Those scenarios happen frequently enough to be a real problem. Whether you choose to ignore them or discredit other's (my) experience in an effort to make a point is completely up to you. All I'm saying is that a carefully made automated mutiny vote can help preserve the good atmosphere of all servers when admins are not online.

Will false kicks/bans happen? Sure they will, but this is where a community with a privately-owned server can shine. If each mutiny vote generated a small server file with the person who started the vote and the person who's being voted on then there will be a way to trace the false accuser and ban them from the server and clearing the name of the falsely-accused. This will also force the communities to better manage their servers and not just let the system do it for them. If they have the man power to ensure an admin is on 24/7 then they don't have to use the system but show me a server that actually has an admin 24/7....I'll wait.

One thing is for sure, when admins are not online the kids think its a house party and everything turns into a shit show real fast.

1 hour ago, CptDirty said:

Those scenarios happen frequently enough to be a real problem. Whether you choose to ignore them or discredit other's (my) experience in an effort to make a point is completely up to you. All I'm saying is that a carefully made automated mutiny vote can help preserve the good atmosphere of all servers when admins are not online.

Will false kicks/bans happen? Sure they will, but this is where a community with a privately-owned server can shine. If each mutiny vote generated a small server file with the person who started the vote and the person who's being voted on then there will be a way to trace the false accuser and ban them from the server and clearing the name of the falsely-accused. This will also force the communities to better manage their servers and not just let the system do it for them. If they have the man power to ensure an admin is on 24/7 then they don't have to use the system but show me a server that actually has an admin 24/7....I'll wait.

One thing is for sure, when admins are not online the kids think its a house party and everything turns into a shit show real fast.

cant see where I discredited anything..but anyway no point worrying about a voting system that will probably never happen and is not the point of this thread.

7 hours ago, CptDirty said:

If admins are not online and things turn dumb, the I jujst leave the server. If there´s no other server I go play something else, or go do something else. Once you realice that playing this game under the wrong conditions (no admins, no good sls, one team constantly steamrolling the other, etc) is much worse than not playing it at all, you just enjoy the moments in which this game is playable and provides a satisfying experiences.

Romby: I have 2 accounts, because I ever lost my password and email.
After it has been found, I sometimes mix it up.

But I stay with it, it's a game and it has to stay nice.
Kick does not belong there, without reason and completely crazy, that's when you're kicked,
 an ADMIN says, join a group or you will be kicked..
How crazy can it be :S

Posted (edited)
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:45 AM, Ceceli said:

There was a time that 80% of the matches in any server was awesome. Of course, sometimes there was one server that one team was just steamrolling the other one. So you would just change servers and everything went back to normal.

I noticed that when Post Scriptum launched its first and second weekend test, it was amazing. It felt just like when I first started playing SQUAD, but with an extra spice called WWII plus those huge explosion sounds, stukas and whatnot. All matches were amazing playerbase wise.

When the third weekend test came along, it all faded. Only noobs playing. I've witnessed things that would never happen, happening. Then I went back to SQUAD. I found myself feeling some weird vibe. Dynamics were different. Now 50% of the servers were OK. Yesterday I had not so much luck. Tried playing in 4 servers. Just 1 was OK. Today, not a single server that I - as usually - randomly picked, was ok.

Every freacking server teams are getting steamrolled. And there isn't even been applied some good tatics. Just a FOB near enemies and they all fall like dominos. Most of the times there isn't even suppressing and flanking maneuvers. It's just head on killing spree.

SQUAD University must have their plates full.

Also, if you don't agree with me at least on some level, please tell me: what servers do you play and what time and day?

Even a friend of mine that has a way lower standard bar noticed today how crazy this is getting.

Its the stupid cock block rush that fukcs this game and the devs are oblivious to it... they just add more shit without understanding the effect it has.

This game before vehicles and fobs was god damn amazing, everything mattered... now its just a 50/50 dice roll on the cock block tactic and if it fails for your team then you're fukced hence the steamroll.

But OWI will just add more shit without understanding or caring how it effects gameplay... why!? cause the kids demand clutter in the form of content.... graphics and content seems to be the only concern, gameplay and mechanics be damned.

Edited by v76