Sign in to follow this  
WarEagle751

Other Tanks in Alpha 12

Posted (edited)

With Alpha 12 we are introduced with tanks and many other amazing stuff, but so far we have only seen the Abrams in the most recent recaps and no other mention of tanks. Do you guys think we will not be seeing the Russian T72 and British Challenger in Alpha 12 or are they holding back a few surprises for us until Play test/Release of Alpha 12 like they did with Alpha 11 by giving us IFV's? Any thoughts on this? Devs if you can answer this if possible.

Edited by WarEagle751

From my understanding the abrams is currently their prototype in engine. The T72 etc are prepared as assets out of engine but will not be ported into the game until they "finalize" the abrams, that way they avoid doing everything from scratch with each tank. I believe the T72 and abrams will roll out in the same patch.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Sparcany said:

From my understanding the abrams is currently their prototype in engine. The T72 etc are prepared as assets out of engine but will not be ported into the game until they "finalize" the abrams, that way they avoid doing everything from scratch with each tank. I believe the T72 and abrams will roll out in the same patch.

Gotcha, makes sense. I hope we do get the British Challenger though in Alpha 12. 9_9

Edited by WarEagle751

We did show off the T72B3 a little bit ago: https://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=289

It's a little special to us, being one of the first models we were able to 3D scan and implement ourselves. You can check out that trip here: https://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=163

Tanks have been a long time coming and we cannot wait to get 'em live!

15 hours ago, WarEagle751 said:

Gotcha, makes sense. I hope we do get the British Challenger though. 9_9

The Challenger will definitely be added to the British Forces, but it will not make it into V12.

43 minutes ago, fuzzhead said:

The Challenger will definitely be added to the British Forces, but it will not make it into V12.

Well...rats! Will it be in a later patch like 12.1 or V.13?

5 hours ago, Gatzby said:

We did show off the T72B3 a little bit ago: https://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=289

It's a little special to us, being one of the first models we were able to 3D scan and implement ourselves. You can check out that trip here: https://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=163

Tanks have been a long time coming and we cannot wait to get 'em live!

I seen those recaps before, but was just surprised we didn't see the T72 or British Challenger in action in the newest recaps. At'least I know why now though.

3 hours ago, fuzzhead said:

Rest in Peace Britain. And Russia still won't have a proper IFV so they're still dead in armor battles.

1 hour ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

Rest in Peace Britain. And Russia still won't have a proper IFV so they're still dead in armor battles.

Yuri join mod discord get a team together and develop the vehicle and get it in the game.  It's an option.

15 minutes ago, XRobinson said:

Yuri join mod discord get a team together and develop the vehicle and get it in the game.  It's an option.

>learn 3d modelling and/or programming to develop a vehicle which will come in time anyway

no.

maxresdefault.jpg

that is not a reasonable reaction

16 minutes ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

>learn 3d modelling and/or programming to develop a vehicle which will come in time anyway

no.

maxresdefault.jpg

that is not a reasonable reaction

If you want or need it faster...I was meaning, or you can't wait.  :)

4 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

I'm sure the layers will be balanced with the armour imbalance in mind.

Plus, T-72s are much cheaper and lighter than Abrams so they don't need to be given equal numbers in armour layers.

3 hours ago, XRobinson said:

If you want or need it faster...I was meaning, or you can't wait.  :)

The last time a community member modeled a vehicle wanting it to be put in the game, it ended up being all for naught anyway.

13 hours ago, WarEagle751 said:

Will it be in a later patch like 12.1 or V.13?

Don't quote me but the Challenger is likely to be added in a major version upgrade and is not a small patch asset. 

10 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

Alas they don't currently  right now have an IFV but it is on the plan.

To make up for it for now, Russian infantry have far superior infantry capabilities with their Tandem RPG.

Both US HAT and Russian IFV are in the pipeline.

4 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

The last time a community member modeled a vehicle wanting it to be put in the game, it ended up being all for naught anyway.

Which vehicle was this Yuri?

1 hour ago, fuzzhead said:

The tooner LAV perhaps?

1 hour ago, fuzzhead said:
6 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

btr-80?

Posted (edited)

Just found a really nice video of US Marines showing off the M1 Abrams and has really good quality audio and video.

Edited by WarEagle751

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, fuzzhead said:

Alas they don't currently  right now have an IFV but it is on the plan.

To make up for it for now, Russian infantry have far superior infantry capabilities with their Tandem RPG.

Both US HAT and Russian IFV are in the pipeline.

What Beginna said, Fishman's BTR.

Edited by YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife