Sign in to follow this  
ProjectRealityDude

On Behalf Of All Scouts - CHECK YOUR MAP

I cannot count the times, just like in Project Reality that teammates in vehicles have driven directly into friendly mines. It is not hard to check your map every few minutes or when operating a vehicle to make sure your path is clear and there are no friendly mines. I would say about 1/3 to nearly 1/2 of all mines placed wind up being run over by oblivious team-mates in technical or other light vehicles. Skull with an X marks the spot. The spot you should not drive into. Thank you , on behalf of everyone who plays Scout.

I/we should definitely be more vigilant, however if 50% of your mines are being hit by friendlies, have you considered that perhaps the mines should be placed in areas that the enemy frequent more than friendlies do? ^_^

Something that worked well for me in PR but I haven't done in squad much is assigning one of the passengers to map/mine check duty. They inform the driver of any upcoming friendly mine patches, and ideally if there is a front passenger seat, that person is visually checking for potential enemy mines. It was easier in PR because they could not be buried, but vigilant eyes can still potentially see them. 

Another option that I don't know if you've explored, is as a scout, checking your map frequently and when you see any vehicles on the move, radio your SL to warn their SL to inform the vehicle about mines ahead. It's a very inefficient communication line but losing a logi-truck or APC to mines is a lot worse for everyone IMHO :) Let's all do better together!

Edited by Psyrus

On the rare occasion I play scout, I place the mines around the enemy's quadrant of the map to avoid these situations as much as possible. When a friendly hits a friendly mine it is encouraged to give them as much shit as possible. Not only did they cause ticket loss and TK count to the scout but also cleared the way for enemy vehicles on that path. They deserve a little scolding!

I agree with the OP. It's very annoying to get kicked for these TK's. Last night my SL drove  over our Scouts mine. Thankfully he was alone in the vic.