Sign in to follow this  
LuckyJack888

Biased Licensing - Offworld Industries B.S.

Posted (edited)

Offworld Industries has decided not to license our server, stating that the "CPU is not good enough." I find this quite telling considering that the server specs are superior to the previous server that Offworld Industries licensed to me.

Our server is provided by NFO Servers, which is not one of the official affiliates for Offworld Industries. In other words, Offworld Industries isn't making any money if you don't go to one of their affiliate server providers. I asked NFO Servers to contact Offworld Industries to let them know that the server exceeds the game's requirements, but NFO stated the following:

We have attempted to communicate with them in the past to no avail.

Their licensing system seems to be very biased from my understanding.

"Biased" is the keyword.

Here's another message from NFO Servers regarding our server tech:

It's pretty ridiculous to be honest, this is one of the fastest CPUs on the market. To claim it's not fast enough would mean they eliminate 98% of hardware and do not allow any enterprise grade hardware to run their services, which is preposterous.

Edited by LuckyJack888
Fixing minor typos.

Posted (edited)

To get a picture of how absurd Offworld Industries' claim is, that our "CPU is not good enough," the previous server that OWI licensed to us had the exact server specs as West Coast Tactical. As you know, WCT has consistently been the #1 Squad server worldwide.

Our new server is superior to the hardware that we, and West Coast Tactical, used in the past.

Once again, it's pretty clear that that our licensing application was denied because we aren't using an OWI affiliate and therefore Offworld Industries isn't getting a kickback. Why else would they claim the "CPU is not good enough" when the tech is far superior to most Squad servers?

We're not going to stand for this unethical nonsense; we're not going to let Offworld Industries force us to use one of their affiliates.

Edited by LuckyJack888

Posted (edited)

Um, Total War doesn't use an OWI affiliate. There are about 4 servers that I can think of that don't use an affiliate either.  What were the specs on the hardware you were trying to get a license for?

If you are trying to get a license on a Xeon processor it will be denied.  Only processors that are greenlit are 6700K 7700K 8700K

Edited by Iloveyourbackpack

Can you post a screenshot of your communications with the server provider you have chosen (NFO)? Because this is all ambiguous unless you provide an actual proof of that statement.

Also what's the specs of the CPU in question? 

Squad servers are single thread heavy. Right now the only CPUs capable of running 80 slot servers with proper health (tickrate) are 6700K, 7700K and 8700K from the i7 series. I9 with 4.2 ghz or above clock speed and XEON E3's from the skylake architecture with 4.2 GHZ or above.

FYI most of the Squad community rents their own dedicated machines, something OWI earns exactly 0$ on. 

This has nothing to do with "bias".

Regards, Nordic

You're not going to get any sympathy without posting the specs of the server you're hosting on.

Just now, Schoff426 said:

You're not going to get any sympathy without posting the specs of the server you're hosting on.

If it's a NFO Server no matter what he has it wont be good enough.
NFO only has Xeon E3s and E5s all of which have a base clock of 3.5 GHz or lower with a most of their servers having a turbo of barely 4.0 GHz for most of them.