Hello , I have a question because in 2 month i'm gonna buy a PC for gaming and I'm wondering if a Ryzen 5 2600 / RX 570 8gb OC can run Squad good ? (60 FPS / High-Medium preset) .. If people have Ryzen 5 processor and plays Squad tell me if it works good because I heard that for Intel there is a better optimisation than AMD ..Thanks and sorry for my English btw

Posted (edited)

For gaming, the general rule is Intel > AMD. Intel often has better single core preformance than AMD, wich leads to higher fps in games.

However, your ryzen 5 2600 is pretty much on par or even slightly better than my i7 4790. (Recommended cpu is i7 4790k)

Your gpu will also do well, it's on par with the recommended gtx970/r9 290.

If you want to compare yourself, i can suggest the site userbenchmark.com. You can compare cpu's, gpu's etc.

Do take the percentages of effective speed with a grain of salt. For gpu's , you're better off checking the example fps of games lower in the list.

Edited by oTec

I own a 2600x in one of my pcs and it runs fine, CPU is never the bottleneck in Squad for me, but the GTX 1060 is :(

Ok Thanks guys ;) I'm going to look at some benchmark and see for which one i'm going for .. If I wanted to take a Ryzen it's mainly because I heard that it is "Future proof" but because I want to play NOW and not in the future I think I will go with maybe a i5 8400 but I see in some YouTube comments that this CPU is always at 100% and you can't even have TS3 or Discord open behind without lagging (Maybe it's wrong) .. Anyway , I will look and see what i'm gonna take .. Still kinda sad that all the game that I like Squad/Arma 3 /DayZ are mostly for Intel CPU , why they can't optimise for every CPU arghh x)

I want to say Ryzen is future proof but, despite having Ryzen 1700, there is absolutely zero guarantee that developers of this particular game will switch to vulkan, ever.