[MEDIC] Ricochet

What position do you play the most? Why?

After playing Squads for a while, we all become adjusted to a certain position we love dearly. Some of us are natural born Squad Leaders, others are great at being lead assault, or rushing to a teammates side to give them medical attention. Whatever it may be, they all are important towards making the perfect team. What position are you most fond of and why?

From my personal experience, though it has some downfalls, I enjoy being the medic. This is due to being able to help others and always being an important asset on the team. It's also nice to hear people scream your name when there's multiple mortars falling on your location.

41 minutes ago, [MEDIC] Ricochet said:

After playing Squads for a while, we all become adjusted to a certain position we love dearly. Some of us are natural born Squad Leaders, others are great at being lead assault, or rushing to a teammates side to give them medical attention. Whatever it may be, they all are important towards making the perfect team. What position are you most fond of and why?

From my personal experience, though it has some downfalls, I enjoy being the medic. This is due to being able to help others and always being an important asset on the team. It's also nice to hear people scream your name when there's multiple mortars falling on your location.

I like to build shit. 

I try to play Medic every 3rd or 4th round but do try to play AT the most. I love hunting vehicles.

I play as squad leader. In the beginning I dreaded the role, as I had no idea of what to do or how to do it, but once I figured out the basics it has been what I play as 9 / 10 matches. It was just too painful to follow a lost squad leader around, and listening to half the squad trying to direct said squad leader. I am pretty good at taking control of a situation, without being aggressive or condescending to my squad or other squad leaders (as so many are on EU servers, unfortunately). I also paint a bigger picture for my squad, letting them know the purpose of our actions, so if shit goes south I do not need to go ape shit over comms. The guys know what to do already. 

In the beginning it was quite stressful to play as SL. Now I find it more relaxing than playing as a grunt. If it gets too hectic I can just take cover somewhere and focus on strategy and communication with other SLs for a while. Often SLs do not communicate enough (sometimes way too much) and the team as a whole just fails miserably, as no one knows what is going on. Stepping aside and acting "commander" every now and then is usually helpful.

If I join a late game, I sign up as medic. If you do a good enough job as a medic, you can actually tell the difference your actions make. Also, playing as a medic, staying constantly updated on your squad members positions, gives you a slightly different perspective on what is going on. It's just a little more purposeful and rewarding than playing as a grunt. 

I enjoy playing the Automatic Rifleman the most but I find myself playing Medic more. Primarily due to the fact I find a lot of squads just don't pick Medic very often in my playthroughs.

Posted (edited)

I try and get myself to play Squad Lead once every 3 rounds. Only because it's a struggle at times when on a consistent losing side to find anyone who wants to be QL. I'm gradually improving but for the most part what makes it frustrating is your actual squad members not trying to make your life easier. 

Other roles I enjoy is the Grenadier, a role that doesn't get used properly more than often. Medic, I enjoy playing reserved and doing a good job to keep my squad momentum going. Reguraly I find I die the least when playing medic and you actually get to enjoy the game from a different perspective. I very much enjoy the AT role too as the whole squad depends on you at a crucial moment.

Edited by Quadro

1. ACOG rifleman, as a primary support for the SL (keeping him alive as point man) and allowing cover for medic.
  2. MEDIC, enjoy being able to keep the squad up (this role is highly underrated). I had one game recorded where I was part of a 4-man assault squad and kept everyone alive from beginning to end of match. Was one of the most satisfying and action packed games, ending on the last flag for the win. 
  3. SL, all depends on squad members and keeping cohesion. Those that don't comply - kick. No room for dissension. 

Infantry/Logistical SL.

At round start I claim logi + transport. I put myself, a medic and a rifleman in the logi with 2000 construction (1000 militia/ins) and the rest in the transport. I tell all other SL's to send their squads to the midcap as well as my transport while I, in the logi, do the back caps and set up 1 or 2 backup fobs.

Once the mid cap is capped to our team's favor I bring the logi with the remaining construction points to the next point to set up forward fobs. Once that's done, my squad will start spawning forwardly with me to work on the next 2 objectives. 

Just like this:

Spoiler

I like to play Squad leader, and try to keep the team together. I often talk to other SL's and ask what their plan is, and suggest stuff if i have any ideas. I also often just fill up the empty spaces with my squads to make sure we don't get rolled at least, and hopefully win. Often in rounds where i'm not a squad leader i notice a certain chaotic vibe with other squads not working together, often resulting in less fun matches overall.

No AT guy?AT is exactly what you need when you come across with enemy APC. Once I be a SL and with another squad about 14 guys together encounter with a 30mm APC,we don`t have any AT man so we fked.More or less ,light AT is necessary which at least can make enemy APC  scare, and he will draw back. If you were a SL, you`d better let the marksman in your squad take AT kit.A experienced Automatic rifleman is also important.In PR, I would like to play Breacher .You can take you squad to many special place:).(wish it will be available  in B test)

Most of the time i take a AT or the opposite Crewman, if the at kit is already taken i go with Medic or Mines .

Somtimes Squad lead for a 3-4man TOW Squad.

Basicly blowing up stuff or Support Rols.

Either Scout or HAT - Scout so I can go around planting mines on all the major roads and IED radios, and HAT so I can waste a bunch of enemy tickets destroying IFVs.

LAT/HAT because I like to hunt unsuspecting vics and ruin peoples day.

I've been enjoying AR as well lately, since it's such a flexible role. 

SL or optic as I like to play point. Will medic or AT if required. Really enjoy driving bikes with the HAT kit and a scout buddy as insurgents, and try to get this setup any time playing Basrah ("This in MY desert!" The most ridiculous matches played this way :)). 

I play Scout, and then watch my painfully stupid team proceed to run over all of my mines and then have the gull to ask " what happened " when there is a row of three skull and crossbones icons right on their dead bodies. Lol, but yeah. Scout is my favorite, then Machine Gunner or LAT/HAT. Medic is a grind but also enjoyable, as some games you win by 10-30 tickets, and when you have a bunch of revives you literally were a difference maker in the outcome of the game.

I ONLY SQUAD LEAD EXCLUSIVELY. I hate playing subordinates unless its a game in progress and I just joined. Then I only play LAT, medic, or Heavy Gunner. After 1000 hours in the game, the game is only fun when I know what to do, and players will follow. I usually write long posts describing why I like to Squad lead but I'm tired so I'll say this......

in general, never micromanage players, only macro mange. Mount all your squad up and never leave anyone behind. If you want to take BTR, ask for driver/ gunner, volunteers. No takers just say we all take transport then and never force players into anything unless it is for a rally or saving a HAB. Only ask players for one logi run unless they volunteer. anyone who wanders off, warn once, then kick. 

THE BEST WAY TO SL:

BE A LEADER NOT A BOSS.

I like playing as a rifleman with an optic for the obvious reason. It's easy to kill people. But when I'm chilling at home and get alcohol onboard, then I really love playing as a medic. There's nothing more satisfying than keeping a bunch of players alive and healthy while screaming, "donchyou die on me four-leaf!" While sobbing intensely. Real tears. And the downed player replies with the generic, "medic! Uhooohfuuuuh it hurts so bad doc!" at a whisper as not to wake his family.

#1 Pick is Machine Gunner. The 240B w/ M145 is a medium to long range beast. The PKP is equally good. Bipod deployed, I can walk bullets onto target at 400m+ and eliminate the the target almost every time. I have a lot of practice with choosing good deployment spots that cover large open areas. Also alternating between standing and crouching while pressing the deploy button helps get a successful deployment on most ledges. In a good coordinated squad I act as the eyes and ears of our advance. Once setup to overlook our objective, I wait to see any movement and based on our ROE and my own confidence on whether or not I can eliminate the enemy before he see's my tracers, call out direction and distance to my squadies then rip into em. With short bursts, the weapon is also effective without the bipod deployed.

#2 Pick is grenadier. What can I say? Noob tubes are a blast. haha. Get it?