Bash

It's been 1 year next month

2 hours ago, ZXD_Lee said:

I think we did play it in one build but it was very buggy 

Hmmm... what build? There was TC with couple of flags on sumari in some early build... You are thinking about that one?

19 hours ago, ZXD_Lee said:

I think we did play it in one build but it was very buggy 

Yeah, a very, very early build. It was wack a mole

Work on random AAS has been taking longer than expected due to rebuild the entire framework for AAS. but this will give a benefit to territory control as the new framework will allow for a lot faster integration on game modes with alot more versatility.

Will have some more updates on this post V12 release.

3 hours ago, fuzzhead said:

Work on random AAS has been taking longer than expected due to rebuild the entire framework for AAS. but this will give a benefit to territory control as the new framework will allow for a lot faster integration on game modes with alot more versatility.

Randomized AAS sounds much better anyway. I played a few rounds of that Kokan TC map that's on the Steam Workshop and didn't care too much for it.

On 05/08/2018 at 12:09 AM, Disco said:

Hmmm... what build? There was TC with couple of flags on sumari in some early build... You are thinking about that one?

I think I played it on fools road but it didn’t work, can’t remember if it was v10 or a version of V9 

16 hours ago, fuzzhead said:

had to say this since i have all the Squad devs, but you fuzzhead might be my favorite. Love how you engage so much with the community and answers questions. So nice to know you are aware of/working on a lot of things and also getting a perfect explanation of why it is taking longer than expected!

19 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I played a few rounds of that Kokan TC map that's on the Steam Workshop and didn't care too much for it.

Yeah I'd like to give their version a go, did you play this recently? Full server? 

I think having customized integrated UI (which has been mostly completed and waiting for the framework to be feature complete) will help alot with getting this game mode fully playable.

11 hours ago, ZXD_Lee said:

I think I played it on fools road but it didn’t work, can’t remember if it was v10 or a version of V9 

I think any of the previous layers (Fools Road, Sumari, etc) was basically experimentation but no major overhaul done to the functionality. TC will be quite different and especially the map UI will make it much clearer as to what's going on.

Harder to nail down will be the game flow and pacing, giving a more open feel but still concentrating the action, I'm confident with some tweaking we will get a cool game mode going.

That being said random AAS should offer some better replayability

1 hour ago, fuzzhead said:

That being said random AAS should offer some better replayability

I believe some of the groundwork randomized AAS is laying is also stuff we need(ed) built for TC, so progress on the former is always a good sign for the latter too. =)

Posted (edited)

AAS is boring and predictable. On top of that it offers only a meat grinder type of gameplay.

We need dynamic unpredictable frontline where firebases and logistics play huge role.

Also, map design was cool and passable for testing purposes until now, but its time to step the game up and make some more realistic maps I think.

Edited by Rainmaker