Ceceli

Helmets - is there something different?

Posted (edited)

It's been a while since I played SQUAD. I'm back and something wrong happened.. Twice.

My friend headshot the enemy point blank. He didn't die with 1 shot. I thought he just missed and as making shit up. Then I got to experience the same thing. I was 5m away from a LMG soldier with his bypod deployed. I shot right above his ear, in the helmet. Blood sprayed from his head. He then ran away and later on I found his dead body.

What's up with that? Is something wrong? I've always known this game as 1 shot kill - even with a pistol - when it's in the head.

Edited by Ceceli

Headshots should always result in a kill, bar extremely long ranges with the makarov. It's likely there was a hitbox error involved.

Hitboxes are a bit weird since they updated the animations in V10.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, it must be a hitbox error. We can see in that spreadsheet that headshots have a x3.0 multiplier making every weapon 1 hit kill in the head.

Edited by Ceceli

This happened yesteday.

Either the same problem happened again or the windshield of a simple car is mitigating a lot of damage.

On 8/7/2018 at 3:47 AM, Ceceli said:

This happened yesteday.

Either the same problem happened again or the windshield of a simple car is mitigating a lot of damage.

That's a bug with vehicles where they do heavily mitigate damage.

Ceceli / Stom, I believe its the limitations of the current penetration system. New system for V12 should mean that driver does not get so lucky