Gatzby

July 2018 Recap

I would hate voice activation in Squad lol. People who have stuff on the background all the time will be so damn annoying.. In discord i always force people to have PTT enabled, will then have the same in my squad.

+1 for voiceactivating option VOIP,

then i can use the extra mouse button for squad radio or something else

12 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

I would hate voice activation in Squad lol. People who have stuff on the background all the time will be so damn annoying.. In discord i always force people to have PTT enabled, will then have the same in my squad.

Really that bad??? Lol just local voice dude u know like project reality 

On 8/2/2018 at 11:40 PM, Viper3369 said:

People won't lose ammo - they just cannot gain it by dying and respawning.

I believe the Rifleman without scope will have one (?) droppable ammo bag - so if you're running out of ammo, he can drop it and you can resupply, basically a limited ammo supply point that doesn't require FOB/deploy points. Not sure if he can pick it up again? I read also that it may be replenished somehow? 

The point of this change is to reward tactical/squad based game play - if you run off on your own, you'll likely either die or run out of ammo. That you respawn with the same amount of ammo (with minimum 2 mags, 2 bandages) means that front line squads will have to conserve ammo, and those with AT, HAT, or Grenadier can't use the old "die and respawn to get ammo" trick. Pushing hard through enemy lines without ammo supplies will not be long term viable, and probably will mean flag capture and holding will have more back and forth play. It will probably help mitigate squads that try to deny flags. It also balances out the fact that you probably will live a bit longer as now everyone can be revived (but to limited health) by anyone with a medic patch.

I definitely approve of this direction. Good job devs, this all looks excellent (and I know there's more we don't know yet - sheesh only 21 days to go (*))

Considering that several people worked on PR and now on Squad, there's bound to be some commonality, but experimenting and differences are a good idea. If something doesn't work, the next version will balance it out. Has happened before, will happen again.

(*) Meme alert: The next Squad version is always three weeks away, until it isn't.

I agree with what you said but 2 mags for a US rifleman is not realistic.

This system could work this way:

You spawn with everything your role should have. If you die and want to re-spawn you will have to wait quite some time if you want to spawn fully equipped. For instance, you can spawn when the timer ends but you will have 2 mags instead of 7, no grenades, 1 bandage, etc.

2 hours ago, Jeffer7892 said:

Really that bad??? Lol just local voice dude u know like project reality 

There are already tons of people with badly bound PTT keys or sticky keyboard that keep hotmic-ing constantly, I imagine it would be even worse with voice activation enabled. It's not that difficult to get used to PTT, plus there's usually much more players within local voice range in Squad than in most other games, so it's very important for people to be transmitting voice only when they actually mean to. Unfortunately with voice activation you usually pay for the comfort of usage by annoying others.