Gatzby

July 2018 Recap

On 8/2/2018 at 11:05 AM, Gatzby said:

Will look into it. We're not entirely enamored of Streamable, but it has been the... hmm... least resistant solution so far.

Literally unwatchable.  Hope that wasn't the intention

On 8/2/2018 at 7:37 PM, Gatzby said:

Additionally, we're experimenting with the concept of having player spawns on Rally Points and FOBs spawn with the same amount of ammunition that they had when they died. Players will always spawn with a minimum of at least 2 magazines for their primary weapon and will always spawn with 2 field dressings.

Players changing roles after being killed will respawn with the minimum kit loadout (2 primary magazines and 2 field dressings) and will need to seek out resupply.

Deploying at the Main Base will always give a player a fully-loaded kit.

I  suggest that when you re-spawn from a FOB that you get automatically rearmed (if that FOB have enough ammo for you) but you will consume the ammo from the FOB when you do so. In conjunction with this when you are dead (only when you are dead) you can see the ammo status of the spawn point ( maybe by a graphical bar/color or number) so you can intelligently decide where you should spawn in order to get the supplies you need.

On 8/3/2018 at 2:58 PM, Melbo said:

Helping your team win the round should be enough instead of worrying about points that mean absolutey sod all and topping the score board :ph34r:

I've run logis once or twice for a mortar squad where I drove the entire round, like an hour. Same route, back and forth, back and forth..... Pretty much intolerable. Want a close second? Shooting mortars all match. Sit. Wait for orders. Get orders. Nudge the mortar around, fire off the rounds. Sit again. Wait. Hope to get attacked to break up the monotony. Honestly, I'd be happy if mortars came with ai that the SL could figure his calculations and then give orders to. 

I play online games to play with and against other people, trying to out shoot and outwit them, staring at a screen and pushing a few keys doesn't keep my interest for very long. Even if I got a million points for logi runs, it'd still be boring.  

8 hours ago, Squad Fox said:

I  suggest that when you re-spawn from a FOB that you get automatically rearmed (if that FOB have enough ammo for you) but you will consume the ammo from the FOB when you do so. In conjunction with this when you are dead (only when you are dead) you can see the ammo status of the spawn point ( maybe by a graphical bar/color or number) so you can intelligently decide where you should spawn in order to get the supplies you need.

I don't feel I elaborated my idea enough.

I think you should get your kit automatically rearm when spawning on the FOB because I see it otherwise being a tedious un-enjoyable experience that will lead to a lot of frustration with the game. If you have spawn in and run around and look in the FOB area where an SL might have placed a ammo box in a multi story building, tunnel/bunker system/complex is gonna make you wanna rage and be toxic towards the SL who did it. If you are spawning from the HAB from thin air, you might as well spawn in fully re-arm assuming it have ammo stored for you (It it still doesn't make any sense then maybe the condition to get auto rearm will only work if the FOB have a ammo box built up anywhere within that FOB build influence).

It makes sense that if you spawn on the rally (to prevent the "im out of ammo so im just gonna respawn" attitude) you have a system where the squad members spawns with what they had when they died but if you are around an FOB with a HAB and it have ammo and you re spawn, the process of running around finding a ammobox becomes an annoyance.

Also i can see a lot of player having issued with if they spawn in on a FOB and having to look for ammo so going with my idea would allow for a smoother transition of our existing playerbase where players would not really experience of being ammo deprived unless they only spawn on the rally. This allows you to test the functionality of the system and feel out the players reactions to it. If you see it works then you can go for removing the function of automatically rearming from a FOB on spawn.

What is your thoughts?

On 03/08/2018 at 3:00 AM, MultiSquid said:

Somewhat underwhelming recap for me, even though I'm not entirely sure why. It just seems... shorter? The persistent ammo thing is definitely food for thought, other than that I didn't really get the goosebumps like I used to with the previous recaps.

I really hoped to see some more progress on systems like player dragging , the new revive system and maybe a locatinal damage system for humans like the one vehicles are about to get  . But a very nice recap anyways B|

Posted (edited)

How many seats are in the abrams i was confused since it didnt mention if there was a gunner. I wondered if there were 4 seats driver, loader, and commander with the loader also being the gunner or if there are 4 seats with a gunner.

Edited by underdog121

On 8/5/2018 at 5:53 AM, L0cation said:

player dragging and locatinal damage system for infantry 

Dragging will not happen in 2018 unfortunately. 

Locational damage for infantry I agree would.be a desired system, again likely not for 2018. I think even a basic implementatio like this would be great:  arm damage affects aiming weaponw (and climbing?), Leg hits affect ability to walk/run/jump. As well as tying stamina to HP (for if player is at 50 HP, they can only regenerate to a max stamina of 50)

New revive system is fairly straightforward: bandage does the revive action, revived @ 5 HP and 0 Stamina, Stamina does not recharge below 10 HP. Medic bandage revive action takes half the time as any other kit.

On 8/5/2018 at 4:55 PM, underdog121 said:

How many seats are in the abrams i was confused since it didnt mention if there was a gunner. I wondered if there were 4 seats driver, loader, and commander with the loader also being the gunner or if there are 4 seats with a gunner.

Drive, Gunner, Commander, Loader.

Loader is just a little bonus seat, with an M240B mounted.

Great recap. looking forward to those changes. I think we will see a very different Meta soon then. The game keeps getting better. Oh and i love that we will get all of this in only 3 weeks! :P maybe if we cut a deal with a dragon...

On 2018-08-02 at 8:01 PM, SShadowFox said:

Can you guys make the recap videos available on YouTube? I don't know how it is for other people, but Streamable takes too long to load here, and video quality is often poor and I can't change it to a higher quality.

If you Right click on the video and choose download it worked for me.

On 7.8.2018 at 12:36 PM, fuzzhead said:

New revive system is fairly straightforward: bandage does the revive action, revived @ 5 HP and 0 Stamina, Stamina does not recharge below 10 HP. Medic bandage revive action takes half the time as any other kit

Quick question. Does this mean the Medic still has the medic bag. So he uses bandage to revive and medic bag to get hp back to 100?

2 hours ago, Romby said:

Quick question. Does this mean the Medic still has the medic bag. So he uses bandage to revive and medic bag to get hp back to 100?

Correct!

Thanks for the update it looks so good and I'm pumped for that Abrams.

14 hours ago, WarEagle751 said:

Axton showing off a quick 344034819056992259.png?v=1of the new water on Tallil. 9_9 

HighresScreenshot00128.png?width=1440&height=587

Looking forward to this map so much combined with the new spawn and ammo mechanics. It’s going to be a new game.

5 hours ago, PR.IT Aragorn89 said:

Not be crossable but swimmable by amphibious vehicles ( BTRs, MTLBs, etc) wich will add a greater deep on to the map approach!

After that...Muttrah city!B|^_^

We're going to need the Marines for that! ;)

58 minutes ago, Jeffer7892 said:

Water must not be so dangerous like concentrated sulfuric acid!! That's so shitty and not real

Agreed, players should be able to swim. But it's still better to have water that kills you rather than water that doesn't stop players at all, making bridges useless.

3 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Agreed, players should be able to swim. But it's still better to have water that kills you rather than water that doesn't stop players at all, making bridges useless.

4 hours ago, Jeffer7892 said:

Water must not be so dangerous like concentrated sulfuric acid!! That's so shitty and not real

Know what else is "shitty and not real"? Being able to swim in your full load out :P

31 minutes ago, Melbo said:

Know what else is "shitty and not real"? Being able to swim in your full load out :P

Timestamped....

Maybe that could be a special feature for when the CAF comes into Squad :P 

I can pretty much guarantee that's not the same weight as you carry on tours. Besides, river crossings (what's shown in that video and are covered by most armies) are a different beast to swimming with your kit on.